Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

amassi

WKR
4 right hand if they meet the criteria
1 right hand compact if it develops
Junk free or the option to order junk free
Options for LOP would be amazing as well as I fit and shoot 14 1/4” best across many mfgs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure it won’t be an issue but we have to get the basics designed first and then pick the pad. Adding the air tech 1” pad will add about 2-3 oz
Maybe that could be anothet add on option then? Or at least thread so we could swap easily ourselves. Although thebairtecvhs are nice on the magnums I think the majority would probably prefer the weight savings

Last edited:

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Maybe that could be anothet add on option then? Or at least thread so we could swap easily ourselves. Think the majority would probably prefer the weight savings
The screw holes are based off the holes on the limbsaver pad we use so we can see if there’s one that’s the same hole pattern.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
There's good weight and bad weight on rifles. An extra 3 ounces in the action does nothing to help spot shots. An extra 3 ounces in the butt pad is not necessary, but it has an outsized beneficial impact for the shooter relative to weight spent elsewhere.

-J

ElPollo

WKR
The screw holes are based off the holes on the limbsaver pad we use so we can see if there’s one that’s the same hole pattern.
The pad you have on the current version of the Tikka VG Hunter does a really good job and I prefer it to the thicker, heavier Limbsavers. I also recognize that it must be really hard to do this when some people want things added that others don’t. Y’all do a good job of creating light, serviceable hunting stocks. I think the idea of offering extra bells and whistles for an extra charge is a good plan if you can pull it off.

amassi

WKR
The pad you have on the current version of the Tikka VG Hunter does a really good job and I prefer it to the thicker, heavier Limbsavers. I also recognize that it must be really hard to do this when some people want things added that others don’t. Y’all do a good job of creating light, serviceable hunting stocks. I think the idea of offering extra bells and whistles for an extra charge is a good plan if you can pull it off.

The thin factory pad is offered as a trim to fit
Spec the stock out with the air saver dimensions
Install trim to fit screw on thin pad
Easy swap for those who want or need it for the extra length or recoil

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Have been lurking on this thread since the beginning. Just checked in after 3 days away and it’s amazing to see so much progress in such a short time! Count me in for 2 ROK stocks when they launch!

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Something we have implemented since the very beginning even when we were just a distributor is to offer stocks with standard options. That is why we don't do every single barrel manufacturer's dimensions. We offer a few barrel channels that will work with almost all aftermarket barrels. It reduces lead times drastically and makes the process flow smoothly.

Every added option will also add to lead-time due to manufacturing processes.

We will look into offering flush cups, rails etc as an added option but the last thing we want to do is lengthen wait times.

As a distributor we saw way too many of the companies we carried end up in the 8 plus month wait times.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Something we have implemented since the very beginning even when we were just a distributor is to offer stocks with standard options. That is why we don't do every single barrel manufacturer's dimensions. We offer a few barrel channels that will work with almost all aftermarket barrels. It reduces lead times drastically and makes the process flow smoothly.

Every added option will also add to lead-time due to manufacturing processes.

We will look into offering flush cups, rails etc as an added option but the last thing we want to do is lengthen wait times.

As a distributor we saw way too many of the companies we carried end up in the 8 plus month wait times.
This is a really important point. Your speed, price, and weight don't need to be compromised for basic ergonomics but I understand they might be by options, and I don't think any of us want that.

Is there perhaps some way to design the stock such that T NUT installation is simple for those who prefer to add fore end accessories? Or perhaps to just offer a few strategically placed installed ones standard in case the user wants to screw something into them later?

My wildcat was an immense pain to add T NUTs into.

-J

amassi

WKR
This is a really important point. Your speed, price, and weight don't need to be compromised for basic ergonomics but I understand they might be by options, and I don't think any of us want that.

Is there perhaps some way to design the stock such that T NUT installation is simple for those who prefer to add fore end accessories? Or perhaps to just offer a few strategically placed installed ones standard in case the user wants to screw something into them later?

-J

Not sure how it could be a pain to add t nuts to a stock
Drilling 4 holes isn’t that hard and can be done by any hobbyist. Drill press is handy but not required.
Some carbon mat is a pain to drill into and will crack,
None of my stockys carbon stocks have that issue- blue tape and sharp drill bits.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

-J

-J
We could do the cut out of the t nut in barrel channel and then have the customer drill the final hole through.

ElPollo

WKR

-J
This is an interesting thought. It adds some complexity, but having a series of factory holes for t-nuts might actually remove mass.