Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Helislacker

Lil-Rokslider
We explain this pretty much on a daily basis. We are going to start offering upgrades soon as add ons. Once the new website launches it’ll be on the pages. Every component added adds more weight than one would think because of the reinforcement needed. That’s also why we decided to not do the bedding block out of aluminum. It added about 6 oz of weight to the stock. We did pressure testing on aluminum vs the carbon fiber composite block and the aluminum gave out at 1 ton of pressure while the cf block was holding strong at 8 tons.
Hearing this kind of stuff makes me so excited to see how the ROK stock turns out

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Does anyone know if the Stocky’s barrel inlet is wide enough for a CTR? Trying to figure out how many I should be buying.

Aside from making a T3x lite even lighter, the thing with the Stocky’s is they would allow someone to turn a Tikka CTR into something appropriately weighted for hunting.
What’s the muzzle diameter? It’s not so much the barrel fitting but the bottom metal that comes on the ctr. If someone wants to send us the factory ctr bottom metal we could do a program for it.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the muzzle diameter? It’s not so much the barrel fitting but the bottom metal that comes on the ctr. If someone wants to send us the factory ctr bottom metal we could do a program for it.
I have a ctr dbm laying in my safe that I can send to you. I'm going to the post office tomorrow.

The ctr dbm fits. An option for it straight from Stockys would be sweet.

Attachments

• 20230219_182338.jpg
    20230219_182338.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 121

Helislacker

Lil-Rokslider
.80” I believe. I could send one, though I’m up in Canada and away from home for the next while.

amassi

WKR
I saw on another forum a guy said Limbsaver AirTech #10800 fit. he measured and that one matched the closest dims and said it worked

10800 is 3/8 too short. The 10809 is about 1/32 too long so there’s a tiny bit of overhang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will. Almost immediately into production for left hand offerings.
Might be the campfire smoke, but I'm getting teary eyed.

Put me down for at least 3 of the LH ROK or RSS, or whatever they end up being. Probably be more, but I have a couple of the current VG's that I probably won't cast aside right away.

For my part, I agree with those who say keep it simple. As stated, it's easy enough to add on most accoutrements if so desired.

Thanks to all who contributed feedback and to @Stockys for listening.

Last edited:

JohnB

WKR
Man, I've never seriously thought about an aftermarket stock for my Tikka but now I'm highly intrigued! And it gets doubly expensive since have a T1x too.

Let me know if the previous folks fall through and you guys need a barreled action for measurements.

Rooggvc

WKR
Really stoked to hear all of this. My wife is a lefty so that's huge @Stockys is considering them as well. Once it's all said and done I will have a few. Sounds like exactly what I have been waiting and looking for in the market.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in for at least 1 (another vote for making sure it works with CTR bottom metal and barrel or having that be an option!) and likely 2. This is great news!