RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Well folks, got an update on my new stock that just arrived today (not sure if it's the order number or serial number written on the inside of it but it's number 181866). @Stockys @Unknown Munitions @Ryan Avery

Inletting is perfect and recoil lug height matches a factory Tikka lug sitting next to me. It's a coated or painted black lug this time, looks more like a factory Tikka, different from the silver mountain tactical one that came in my first RokStok.

Zero issues getting it to fully seat using a brand spanking new, stainless, cerakoted, Tikka action and barrel.

IMG_8411.jpg

For folks having recoil lug/action seating issues...

It is a VERY tight inlet which is a good thing, but this can make for getting the action to sit on the lug a bit trickier.

.You'll want to turn the stock upside down in your lap and go ahead and tap in your bottom metal or bottom plastic.
.Tap the bottom metal as far towards the front of the stock as it can, this gives you the most possible room to pull the action forward.
.Having a scope already mounted helps as it gives you a nice handle.
.Slide the barreled action into the top pushing it as far forward as you can (to where the trigger doesn't let you push it any further forward.
.This should land you properly over the lug, or just SLIGHTLY needing to slide the action towards the back, you'll feel the action slot "snap" into the lug.
.Pinch the stock and action together with your left hand so it won't move.
.You should have paint pen on your action screws ready to go in.
.Start with the rear longer screw, and torque it down just enough to where you start feeling it "pull up" on the barrel. Again, using your left hand keep tension on it to hold in place.
.Once you feel the barrel start to slightly pull up, you need to switch the front screw, maintain your left hand pressure.
.Start your front screw now and pull down/forward on the barrel hard, by pinching the stock and barrel together with your left hand. Go ahead and run the front screw in to 45-65" lbs ( I use 65" lbs). Keep squeezing as you tighten, you'll feel it pull into the lug properly.
.Move your pinch pressure to the middle of the action or scope and torque the rear screw to the same torque.

When fully seated properly, it will "cut off" part of the Tikka T3X and serial number on the gun just slightly. If yours is still high, remove the action screws and try again with more forward and downward pressure as you tighten the action screws. See 2 different RokStok fully seated photos below...

Grip for forward/down pressure while tightening action screws:

IMG_8407.jpg

Pinch/Pull HARD as your tightening, don't be afraid!

IMG_8408.jpg

When fully seated you gun serial number on any standard T3X should be partially cut off like these two RokStoks...

IMG_8410 (1).jpg

IMG_8409.jpg

ChrisAU

WKR
You'll have the your new stock in 90 days or 9 months whichever is closer to your stock being finished.

1310121676_angry_wrestler.gif

6.5x284

WKR
Anyone with a Rem 700 found a need to bed it? I read about some carbon bedding block/wedge but was unsure if that was just for Tikka's.

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
Well folks, got an update on my new stock that just arrived today (not sure if it's the order number or serial number written on the inside of it but it's number 181866). @Stockys @Unknown Munitions @Ryan Avery

Inletting is perfect and recoil lug height matches a factory Tikka lug sitting next to me. It's a coated or painted black lug this time, looks more like a factory Tikka, different from the silver mountain tactical one that came in my first RokStok.

Zero issues getting it to fully seat using a brand spanking new, stainless, cerakoted, Tikka action and barrel.

View attachment 747982

For folks having recoil lug/action seating issues...

It is a VERY tight inlet which is a good thing, but this can make for getting the action to sit on the lug a bit trickier.

.You'll want to turn the stock upside down in your lap and go ahead and tap in your bottom metal or bottom plastic.
.Tap the bottom metal as far towards the front of the stock as it can, this gives you the most possible room to pull the action forward.
.Having a scope already mounted helps as it gives you a nice handle.
.Slide the barreled action into the top pushing it as far forward as you can (to where the trigger doesn't let you push it any further forward.
.This should land you properly over the lug, or just SLIGHTLY needing to slide the action towards the back, you'll feel the action slot "snap" into the lug.
.Pinch the stock and action together with your left hand so it won't move.
.You should have paint pen on your action screws ready to go in.
.Start with the rear longer screw, and torque it down just enough to where you start feeling it "pull up" on the barrel. Again, using your left hand keep tension on it to hold in place.
.Once you feel the barrel start to slightly pull up, you need to switch the front screw, maintain your left hand pressure.
.Start your front screw now and pull down/forward on the barrel hard, by pinching the stock and barrel together with your left hand. Go ahead and run the front screw in to 45-65" lbs ( I use 65" lbs). Keep squeezing as you tighten, you'll feel it pull into the lug properly.
.Move your pinch pressure to the middle of the action or scope and torque the rear screw to the same torque.

When fully seated properly, it will "cut off" part of the Tikka T3X and serial number on the gun just slightly. If yours is still high, remove the action screws and try again with more forward and downward pressure as you tighten the action screws. See 2 different RokStok fully seated photos below...

Grip for forward/down pressure while tightening action screws:

View attachment 747975

Pinch/Pull HARD as your tightening, don't be afraid!

View attachment 747976

When fully seated you gun serial number on any standard T3X should be partially cut off like these two RokStoks...

View attachment 747977

View attachment 747978
I notice that you paint pen around the entire screw head, does this still allow you to see if there has been any movement of the screw?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I notice that you paint pen around the entire screw head, does this still allow you to see if there has been any movement of the screw?
The action screws are paint penned in and torqued to 65" lbs. They are not going anywhere. I glob paint around the action screws as one more slight holding measure, not as witness marks like scope ring cap screws.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Getting questions about specs, weights etc. Please move to this thread for detailed info...

Brix8984

WKR
Pricing on the wooden rokstock is up on UM’s website.

Antares

WKR
Pricing on the wooden rokstock is up on UM’s website.

Thankfully, that price is high enough to spare me the agitation of even attempting to justify it to myself.

Beautiful though. It would be walnut and stippling for me.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Think I'm gonna take the dive today - anyone got pics of sporter barrels in sendero inlets? I'm thinking the sendero stock would be lighter.
It’s been a ways back (couple weeks?) in the thread here but I posted a few of my 223 Lite in sendero inlet along with CTR in factory and Rokstok sendero