RokStok

mddat

FNG
It’s all rear rest.

For all that are concerned with a parallel toe:

What are y’all doing that this is an issue?

This is an issue on a contrived flat range range where someone wants to only use this bag that is too hard to begin with, and somehow can’t or won’t change the bag’s orientation or add another.
I’ve only shot one stock with a parred toe line and I did find it difficult to adjust height, I’m also a self taught shooter so have limited knowledge and don’t really have proper instruction on how to shoot a stock like this. I know it’s possibly being mentioned in the past but hopefully an online instruction course or a “how to” of Forms shooting fundamentals would be really helpful and make for better understanding for us simple folks that can’t attend a field shooting school.

woods89

WKR
It’s all rear rest.

This is an issue on a contrived flat range range where someone wants to only use this bag that is too hard to begin with, and somehow can’t or won’t change the bag’s orientation or add another.

That's what I like about the Pint sized GC, it can be flipped 3-4 different ways which gives quite a few different heights. Then amount of squeeze fills in the spectrum.

It’s all rear rest.

I wouldn’t say it was an issue. I found myself fiddling with the bipod legs more than usual. That might just go away the more shooting I do. The places/ranges I shoot are flat, uphill and downhill of varying degrees.

Rear bag is the LRO mini wedge and I also have a small flat bag that gives extra rear height when needed.

The bag is fairly stiff but I can get an inch or two either way with squeezing.

I’ll be shooting the rokstocks a lot (by my standards) and I’m sure will get used to it. Would still like to know what rear bags and fill you find to be ideal; it’s the perfect time of year for me to experiment.

WKR

WKR
No, I understand what you are writing. Its that I am telling you that you are wrong. I don’t care if you buy a stock- nothing to do with me. Your belief of what is a problem is just a belief. One that is not born of experience or understanding.
That you believe that the best way to handle small elevation angles is to push a rifle forward on a rear bag or rest instead of just make the rest higher or lower, is the difference. In the next 5,000-10,000 rounds I shoot with a ROKStok by the time people start getting theirs sent to them, I can assure you that adding an angle to the toe will not be a thought or desire.
And I am telling you that you are wrong. Your preference and belief that a parallel toe line is advantageous to field use is a fallacy.

I am not just using my experience in the field. the evidence of every other widely successful modern field stock ever created, and the word/preference of more accomplished shooters, gunsmiths, and hunters is my logic.

I dont know you and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings by pointing out the faulty design characteristics in a field stock. The current design is more akin to a benchrest stock.

I understand that most folks on this forum blindly follow your words but you are wrong on this one. I wonder how many of the people that have placed orders have actually tried to use a parallel toe in the field.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I am not just using my experience in the field. the evidence of every other widely successful modern field stock ever created, and the word/preference of more accomplished shooters, gunsmiths, and hunters is my logic.
You are citing an anachronism built on institutional inbreeding. "That's not the way its always been done"....is the exact reason it hasn't.

Don't buy the dam thing ffs....

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
And I am telling you that you are wrong. Your preference and belief that a parallel toe line is advantageous to field use is a fallacy.

@Ryan Avery

WKR would like to meet and demonstrate in live fire how we are wrong on toe line. This would be a great opportunity to have someone on video show us that the stock is poorly designed.

WKR, even though you find squeezing a rear bag to be some massive impossible task, this should be an easy demonstration as you are so confident about this.

Thats not logic- that’s appeal to authority.

So what is your experience? No one else’s- yours. What stocks, what chassis, how rounds from what cartridges, what type of terrain, how many animals, etc?

What experience do you have to draw on? Just others? Gunsmiths shoot a lot and experiment in the field? Hunter's shoot a lot and experiment in the field? Who are these mythical gunsmiths that are shooting and experimenting a lot? I know and am familiar with quite a few gunsmiths- some of the most well known, only one shoots regularly- George Gardner. None of the others do.

Now I asked about gunsmith and hunters because “more accomplished shooters” that’s nearly all of PRS chassis and stocks- have moved to a parallel bag rider or toe, or are moving to it.

I dont know you and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings by pointing out the faulty design characteristics in a field stock. The current design is more akin to a benchrest stock.

No, it’s skin to a stock purposely designed to recoil as straight in a line to the rear as possible, while still being very shootable from all positions, and to hand carry.

I understand that most folks on this forum blindly follow your words but you are wrong on this one. I wonder how many of the people that have placed orders have actually tried to use a parallel toe in the field.

You’re blindly following “more accomplished shooters, gunsmiths, and hunters”. The only thing I care about is performance on demand- so show us in live fire how to shoot better and how a stock should be designed.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I wouldn’t say it was an issue. I found myself fiddling with the bipod legs more than usual. That might just go away the more shooting I do. The places/ranges I shoot are flat, uphill and downhill of varying degrees.

Rear bag is the LRO mini wedge and I also have a small flat bag that gives extra rear height when needed.

The bag is fairly stiff but I can get an inch or two either way with squeezing.

I’ll be shooting the rokstocks a lot (by my standards) and I’m sure will get used to it. Would still like to know what rear bags and fill you find to be ideal; it’s the perfect time of year for me to experiment.

I use a LRO wedge for my angled stocks and it works very well.
However, its junk for a chassis with a bag rider or a bravo or a stock like this.
When I started I switched to a smedium game changer. When I got comfortable with that I moved to a pint sized game changer.
At the end of the day I like the game changer much better overall and the flat toe. It really helps recoil travel straight back vs the hunters wedge. Also the game changer has quite a bit more elevation adjustment once you get comfortable with it. I also shoot a lot without "loading" the bipod. Loading just isn’t always feasible in field situations and quiet frankly I shoot better without loading the bipod.

gabenzeke

WKR
@Ryan Avery

WKR would like to meet and demonstrate in live fire how we are wrong on toe line. This would be a great opportunity to have someone on video show us that the stock is poorly designed.

WKR, even though you find squeezing a rear bag to be some massive impossible task, this should be an easy demonstration as you are so confident about this.

Thats not logic- that’s appeal to authority.

So what is your experience? No one else’s- yours. What stocks, what chassis, how rounds from what cartridges, what type of terrain, how many animals, etc?

What experience do you have to draw on? Just others? Gunsmiths shoot a lot and experiment in the field? Hunter's shoot a lot and experiment in the field? Who are these mythical gunsmiths that are shooting and experimenting a lot? I know and am familiar with quite a few gunsmiths- some of the most well known, only one shoots regularly- George Gardner. None of the others do.

Now I asked about gunsmith and hunters because “more accomplished shooters” that’s nearly all of PRS chassis and stocks- have moved to a parallel bag rider or toe, or are moving to it.

No, it’s skin to a stock purposely designed to recoil as straight in a line to the rear as possible, while still being very shootable from all positions, and to hand carry.

You’re blindly following “more accomplished shooters, gunsmiths, and hunters”. The only thing I care about is performance on demand- so show us in live fire how to shoot better and how a stock should be designed.
Please post the results on YouTube. I'd even pay a few bucks to watch this.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I like my tab gear v2, I’m also moving from the LRO wedge and while the wedge is very stable off a bench or prone range I like this more for moving around so far. For prs I just use my game changer

The tab gear is longer than wide so you have a lot of quick flip options and it’s loose enough fill up to allow pressure changes.

Always open to other bag suggestions though!
1703358758345.jpeg

Montane

FNG
I used to think the thing regarding a flat toe line. However none of my comp rifles have an angled toe and I've not found it to be any disadvantage to getting on target. The NRL Hunter MDT match in Arbuckle has some pretty dynamic stages and none of my misses there were due to a flat toe line!

Dobermann

WKR
For those wanting to experiment with a great rear bag, I can recommend Marc Taylor's Answer and Compromise bags - you'll find them over on the Hide.

Small enough to properly fit in your hand; not over-filled as Form warned against above. I've tried a fair few other bags, and these ones make a lot more sense, and work better.

Right, back to the Rokstok.