RokStok

Boltgun

Lil-Rokslider
Now I see, thanks for typing slower, as I've lost my marbles it really helps.

Various design prototypes is just good practice. Even if the first prototype turns out to be the best, you can only know that by making changes. If the first prototype goes to production without ever having anything else trialed, it is a sign of lazy design and a cheap product.

A version, is generally considered a finished product that is released for sale. Generally (unless done for marketing purposes) a change in whole number is reserved for significant changes, changes after the decimal denote minor changes.
Also terd is spelled turd.

I'd wager that 98% of the people complaining about the Rokstok being ugly could say the same thing about their wives/girlfriends.

Who am I to judge?
The opposite could surely be said in my case, I’d be single if my wife valued looks over function, she was happy with how I function and the looks eventually grew on her.

Granted I didn’t meet her wearing bright green and gold

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider

Man, you triggered my engineer OCD and made me go back and wade through pages of this thread (it was just as painful to skim the barrel channel "discussion" tonight as it was to read it the first time).

BUT i found what I was looking for:

1702097878345.png

So we have a 1/4" reduction on the height of the comb.

In honor of the rokslide special, I have a rifle ready for pickup, a used SWFA 3-9 en route, and trigger finger ready for rokstock preorder. I want to order some @Unknown Munitions rings in anticipation, but don't know if I should get low, medium, or high? Personal preference, or anything @Formidilosus /others might recommend?

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
In honor of the rokslide special, I have a rifle ready for pickup, a used SWFA 3-9 en route, and trigger finger ready for rokstock preorder. I want to order some @Unknown Munitions rings in anticipation, but don't know if I should get low, medium, or high? Personal preference, or anything @Formidilosus /others might recommend?
My .02:

1 x low (if you like low) and 1 x medium - that way, you can test to find what really gives you NPOA.

I prefer higher rings, so went with 1 x medium, and 1 x high for my testing, and glad I did.

Dobermann

WKR
Seeing as we clearly need another controversial topic to distract us while we wait: what do y'all think about having 'Form approved' on the box?

Personally, I'm guessing it was a Jake/Ryan joke, and that Form may not have even been in on it, seeing as he's so consistently not wanted his recommendations to be about him, and has encouraged people to do their own testing and experimenting.

In the age of the cult of content, followers, likes, and personalities, this is incredibly refreshing ... and, to me at least, having 'Form approved' goes against all of this.

However, just for schnitzel giggles, I'd be happy with my earlier modded box above, for a bit of a TWKK effect:

Form approved box.jpg

Seeing as we clearly need another controversial topic to distract us while we wait: what do y'all think about having 'Form approved' on the box?

Personally, I'm guessing it was a Jake/Ryan joke, and that Form may not have even been in on it, seeing as he's so consistently not wanted his recommendations to be about him, and has encouraged people to do their own testing and experimenting.

In the age of the cult of content, followers, likes, and personalities, this is incredibly refreshing ... and, to me at least, having 'Form approved' goes against all of this.

However, just for schnitzel giggles, I'd be happy with my earlier modded box above, for a bit of a TWKK effect:

View attachment 639202
I feel like you may be overthinking the box a little.

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider

View attachment 639202
Just noticed no inlet for bottom metal? Will that be an option? Thinking about a Tikka CTR for this stock.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
If it last for more than two hours, just picture a leupold!!
I spent many years working in Emergency Medicine.
Fun fact:
If you go to the Emergency Department after having a prolonged or painful erection lasting more than four hours they show you a naked picture of Hillary Clinton.
Even seen a shaved basset hound?
It's worse