RokStok

lak2004

WKR
To all….

The stock is being designed for shooting- specifically field shooting with 7-9lb rifles.
There is no perfect stock- what is tailor made for standing offhand, will be compromised in every other position. Likewise what is tailored to slung prone, will be compromised in every other position. This stock is being tailored to field shooting with 7-9lb rifles (yes lighter and heavier is fine), from prone, sitting, kneeling- especially using improvised rests, I.E., backpack, hunting sticks, rocks, logs, etc. It is absolutely good in standing as well.

I have written many times about what a stock should be for field shooting and hunting- I haven’t deviated from that.
The morning has only just begun. I guarantee there will be 30 more posts today (at least) asking if it will work in such and such position. And another 30+ asking if pre-orders are open...

Looking forward to the final iteration and shooting with it.

Nhenry

Lil-Rokslider
Alright I probably missed it, but why the chunky forend? Why couldn't it be parallel to the bore with an inset forend like an AG Chalk Branch, or to a lesser degree the ClymR?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Alright I probably missed it, but why the chunky forend? Why couldn't it be parallel to the bore with an inset forend like an AG Chalk Branch, or to a lesser degree the ClymR?

Read the thread.

lak2004

WKR
We put up an electric fence

7URS.gif

That ramp on the chalk branch from the front action screw to where it's actually parallel with barrel looks pretty terrible from shooting off improvised rests.

Hardworkinghunter

FNG
Classified Approved
just sitting here watching the fireworks waiting for this preorder link to magically appear… keep up the good work guys…

Nhenry

Lil-Rokslider
That ramp on the chalk branch from the front action screw to where it's actually parallel with barrel looks pretty terrible from shooting off improvised rests.
I've shot the chalk branch on a Weatherby while prone and it wasn't horrible. The gun was slightly lower to the ground, but I thought it was a well designed piece otherwise. The reason(s) I opted not to buy one for a custom was the slight beavertail forend and the grip being almost too vertical.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
That chalk branch is ugly as sin. I would almost rather put one of those ugly ass swagger bipods on my rifle, than carry a chalk branch around.