RokStok

Dos XX

WKR
I've never shot a stock with a comb like that. What do you do, put your face on the stock and slide down until you have full scope view? That is kind of what you do on a parallel comb. You do kind of get used to about where your face goes.

Would you use the same height rings you have your scope mounted with now, say on a Manners EHT?

Is there an ideal zone on that comb slope you would want to shoot for to obtain scope view?

Macintosh

WKR
I trust you guys, and assume full testing was done with gathering sight picture quickly etc. Do you find yourself having to change ring height to higher rings to account for decades of muscle memory on obtaining a sight picture with a "flatter" stock? I've only shot the CLYMR which has a slightly negative comb and that felt natural, but this stock looks next level steep.
Agree--would be great to hear from the "usual suspects" about this, as it is certainly a radical departure from normal and I'd be shocked if they havent already had these conversations. I'd be interested to hear designers thoughts on how varying length of pull (either via different length pad or simply different thickness clothes or a pack strap, etc) or various shooting positions (from prone and arched slightly uphill, through offhand and downhill) alters where on the really steep comb your cheek sits, which would change the functional comb-height relative to the scope as you change where your cheek sits. The steeper the comb the more significant this becomes. Taken to an extreme this could affect your ability to reliably get a full scope image in the vertical plane.

Agree--would be great to hear from the "usual suspects" about this, as it is certainly a radical departure from normal and I'd be shocked if they havent already had these conversations. I'd be interested to hear designers thoughts on how varying length of pull (either via different length pad or simply different thickness clothes or a pack strap, etc) or various shooting positions (from prone and arched slightly uphill, through offhand and downhill) alters where on the really steep comb your cheek sits, which would change the functional comb-height relative to the scope as you change where your cheek sits. The steeper the comb the more significant this becomes. Taken to an extreme this could affect your ability to reliably get a full scope image in the vertical plane.

I had similar thoughts.

Without having used it I can say i was hoping for something a little milder but I'll still buy one. Just not buying multiples til i know how I feel about that cheek weld off-ramp.

atmat

WKR
The Rokstok with a Stockys VG in front of of it

She’s gonna be a dream to shoot!

f832584ed029355ddf148a874979e340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1701281702784.jpeg

Maybe at 31yrs old I'm becoming a fudd but my brain can't process the negative comb being that exaggerated working. It's like the weatherby Camilla stock flipped upside down. Maybe it's the rendering and I need to see a complete real stock.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
I cant imagine they didnt have some serious conversation about that already. I'd love to hear their thoughts. One thing I can tell, that thing is going to recoil like a pussycat.

Tullis94

WKR
I had similar thoughts.

Without having used it I can say i was hoping for something a little milder but I'll still buy one. Just not buying multiples till i know how I feel about that cheek weld off-ramp.
I'll probably buy 1 also. Was planning on 3 but with the extreme negative comb I'm nervous. I may even wait for others to try them first?

I've been getting away from worrying that much about cheek weld in general so maybe just keep rings high and not worry about it?

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
At this point, I think what I'd rather have more than a photo of the stock without the Vg in front, is a transscript of the text thread between Form and Ryan Avery that's happening right now.
Form has been on every call and has seen every version of it. He's seen it without the vg in front..

Macintosh

WKR
Oh, I'm certain of it. I was figuring they would be laughing about the reaction more-so than the stock. I'm fairly certain they have the actual stock details ironed out.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Why does the trigger reach not appear shorter?
-J

It is. 1.7”. Trigger reach will not be an issue.

Do you find yourself having to change ring height to higher rings to account for decades of muscle memory on obtaining a sight picture with a "flatter" stock? I've only shot the CLYMR which has a slightly negative comb and that felt natural, but this stock looks next level steep.

That is a rendition and it looks more extreme than it is. It is higher than any other common available stock on the market, however, it will be set to where a good cheekweld is achieved with a low mounted scope.

Holy piss that is some serious negative comb. Even the toe line appears to be negative sloped?

Dudes with their ultra low rings might need to get that scope up a little higher.

The toe line is parallel or nearly so with the bore line. You aren’t seeing everything behind the VG overlay.
And no on the ring change. It will be so common low mounted scopes can be used. I’m sure there is some weird face shape randomly that it will be tight, but normal humans won’t have an issue.

So…uh…school me…why do I want a negative comb? No idea what it does for me other than I am scared of new concepts and fascinated by shiny new rokslide gadgets.

also, I have a giant head and am built like a gorilla. Think shrek, but slightly less green. Will I be able to use a negative comb? Should I buy a left handed version and learn to shoot it inverted?

sorry. I am a bit lost.