RokStok

slowelk

WKR
@Stockys in regard to the molded-in texture of the rokstok, are there any stocks (yours or other manufacturers) that you could compare it to? I ordered bare carbon and hope it is grippy enough in those key areas to not have to add paint.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll help out @Unknown Munitions with some inletting information:

Barrel Channel Inlets:
Tikka Factory Sporter- will fit Superlite, T3/T3X Lite etc (will be with a 0.025" free float)
ACE #3/ BM #5/ BART #3B- can fit an alpine veil/roughtech with minor sanding (for a muzzle diameter of .70" with a .025" free float)
Proof Sendero- will fit Proof Research Sendero/Lite - Carbonsix Sendero/Magnum (or any comparable contour

Bottom metal on Tikka Inlet (currently factory OEM bottom metal) We can do the CTR but haven't gotten that far yet since we haven't started inletting yet so not sure how they want to handle it currently.

Bottom metal on Remington 700 ( M5 footprint) Can use Hawkins M5, Badger M5, PTG M5 Etc. They are specifically made for the UM M5 but can accept the others usually with minor sanding.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Stockys in regard to the molded-in texture of the rokstok, are there any stocks (yours or other manufacturers) that you could compare it to? I ordered bare carbon and hope it is grippy enough in those key areas to not have to add paint.
It will be a grip added to the stock after lamination but will be grippy enough that it wouldn't require paint. The stock will also be a matte finish instead of our glossy carbon finish which will help with the slickness of it as well.

I'll post some pictures here of the texture when we get to that point.

slowelk

WKR
It will be a grip added to the stock after lamination but will be grippy enough that it wouldn't require paint. The stock will also be a matte finish instead of our glossy carbon finish which will help with the slickness of it as well.

Great! I enjoy bare carbon.

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
Listened to the podcast. Good stuff, looking forward eventually dropping $ on one of these guys!

Y'all are seriously making me consider re-shuffling my spending priorities :LOL:

I'm also dying to ask: due to the nature of his work, does @Formidilosus have to run around wearing a mask with integral audio filter full time/in person, or is it only for special occasions like podcasts??

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
How is the fit for a standard Sendero/Rem Varmint like a Bartlein or Krieger in stainless and not one of those carbons?
Rem varmint/sendero is .850” at the muzzle and the m24 is .929 so not much smaller and we throw the varmint in the m24 channel all the time. Doesn’t leave a huge gap in the barrel channel.

Greenstig

FNG

To clarify, the matte finish will be some sort of durable finish coat over the raw carbon?

7mmHunter

FNG
This stock is going to be money. Listened to the Youtube channel today. Sounds like the stock hits all the points perfectly. My first custom rifle, Hell’s Canyon Armory T3x, is so stupid accurate with AG Alpine hunter on it, just wished it pointed better for off hand shots. The RokStock sounds like it will be a great blend of design. I can’t wait to see what the recoil impulse feels like. One step closer to the perfect, do all, rifle.

Mike over at HCA can build one hell of a rifle
IMG_1928.jpeg