Raw Dog Food Proponents - I'm Looking for Recommendations

Atilla

FNG
Hey folks,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a product that acts as catch-all supplement to add to pure protein and organ meat?
I've saved up a ton of venison trimmings as I butcher my kills. I've got a good mix of protein, organ meat and bone, but I want a simple solution to add to it that covers the rest of the necessary stuff, rather than piecing it all together myself.

Any suggestions/recommendations? Thank you!

Nutrition for you or your dog isn't simple. There is no one stop vitamin additive. Feeding raw to dogs is pretty simple. Lots of meat, some bones and some organs. Add in eggs-if they'll eat the shells great. Some dogs won't, some will. Mix the meat sources up if you can. Chicken/fish/turkey/beef/pork etc. Asian markets usually have a lot of different organs and chcken/duck feet-all of my dogs go nuts for those!

Just like your own diet-you won't get everything you need in every meal. The key is to mix it up and let variety give them what they need.

Gseith

WKR
I always kept it simple. Chicken hindquarters. Bone and all. Did it for 16 years with no problem. Didn’t start to slow down until he was almost 15.
Will do it again when I decide to get another dog.

OP
Atilla

Atilla

FNG
Thanks, all.
My dog loves venison, goes crazy for it, and I've been cross feeding him it with kibble for a few years now. He'll often skim the bowl for the real meat and then walk away, only coming back to the untouched kibble when he's desperate. He's also crazy about grazing grass, so assuming he's missing something in his diet.

There's this product out of Canada called Feedsentials K9 that captures most of the micro minerals/nutrients/enzymes that I'm going to try to add to the pure raw mix https://feedsentials.com/feedsentials

If anyone has found anything similar or better, lemme know!