Minimus Nutrition, minimized weight

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Product has been shipping since early May. We attempted to contact you twice. PM me for details on your order.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
The Minimus Nutrition products are quite ingenious. I have been supplementing my backcountry foods for years with various products in an attempt to maintain complete nutrition while in caloric deficit. I might be saving a few bucks over the Minimus products, but my supplements certainly aren't as complete or dosed based on optimal values determined from research. The Minimus product looks expensive at first, but then again my DIY supplements aren't cheap when you factor in purchasing the supplements below and the time to measure/mix/repackage them.

My DIY supplements include:
1. Collagen powder with probiotic for easily-digested protein and digestive health
2. Powdered milk, eggs, yoghurt, and vanilla protein powder for added protein (mix in with various meals)
3. Instant mash potatoes for easily-digestible carbohydrates
4. Powdered butter and cheese for added fats (plus delicious flavor)
5. blanched, dehydrated, and minced kale, spinach, and green onions for flavor and fiber
6. Instafuel coffee for calories (MCT oil), caffeine, and calcium
7. Multi-vitamin because freeze-dried foods aren't always nutritious
8. magnesium glycinate supplement to prevent muscle cramps
9. Hydration powder with BCCAS and essential ions (sodium, potassium, magnesium)
10. Chocolate... because it's awesome.

I'll typically use these supplements to complement one Mountain House-type freeze dried meal for dinner, and a tortilla wrap (cheese & salami) for lunch, and oatmeal (w/dried fruits and protein powder) for breakfast. Add in some peanut butter packets and high-calorie snack bars and that's all that's needed for energy and nutrition. I typically feel "satisfied" with a ~3500-4500 calorie per day diet when backcountry hunting, but can definitely subsist on 2,500 or so quality calories with supplementation. My anecdotal experience from a dozen or so hunts matches up with Larry's findings and I especially look forward to trying some Minimus products because they are backed with research.

Last edited:

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Great input Ando.

This past 6 months has been an incredibly validating series of business and technology competitions. We were awarded winner of the NSIN Combat Feeding Initiative this spring, the Wharton Business School Competition winner this summer, and just recently won the 2023 xTechPacific Competition.

All that brag report to say we are pushing food science technology to its current limits, so stay aware of Minimus Nutrition to see what's next. We now have a war chest for larger strategic clinical and field studies to support our traction with DOD and the Spec Ops communities for Alternative Feeding Strategies.

mod7rem

FNG
The Minimus Nutrition products are quite ingenious. I have been supplementing my backcountry foods for years with various products in an attempt to maintain complete nutrition while in caloric deficit. I might be saving a few bucks over the Minimus products, but my supplements certainly aren't as complete or dosed based on optimal values determined from research. The Minimus product looks expensive at first, but then again my DIY supplements aren't cheap when you factor in purchasing the supplements below and the time to measure/mix/repackage them.

My DIY supplements include:
1. Collagen powder with probiotic for easily-digested protein and digestive health
2. Powdered milk, eggs, yoghurt, and vanilla protein powder for added protein (mix in with various meals)
3. Instant mash potatoes for easily-digestible carbohydrates
4. Powdered butter and cheese for added fats (plus delicious flavor)
5. blanched, dehydrated, and minced kale, spinach, and green onions for flavor and fiber
6. Instafuel coffee for calories (MCT oil), caffeine, and calcium
7. Multi-vitamin because freeze-dried foods aren't always nutritious
8. magnesium glycinate supplement to prevent muscle cramps
9. Hydration powder with BCCAS and essential ions (sodium, potassium, magnesium)
10. Chocolate... because it's awesome.

I'll typically use these supplements to complement one Mountain House-type freeze dried meal for dinner, and a tortilla wrap (cheese & salami) for lunch, and oatmeal (w/dried fruits and protein powder) for breakfast. Add in some peanut butter packets and high-calorie snack bars and that's all that's needed for energy and nutrition. I typically feel "satisfied" with a ~3500-4500 calorie per day diet when backcountry hunting, but can definitely subsist on 2,500 or so quality calories with supplementation. My anecdotal experience from a dozen or so hunts matches up with Larry's findings and I especially look forward to trying some Minimus products because they are backed with research.
This sounds similar to me. I’ll add fats, proteins, freeze dried spinach flakes to meals and repackage with food saver. Hydration tablets or powders I’ve found really help with recovery and muscle cramps.
It’s taken a lot of years to get where I’m at now with food plan, but I’m at 1.4lbs per day of food for back pack sheep hunts and I don’t feel hungry and I don’t seem to lose much/any muscle mass.
Sounds like I could add Minimus products and drop daily food weight.
Very interesting.

Last edited:

Wyo_hntr

WKR
How are people utilizing this product? Are you halving a freeze dried meal and adding in mater/taterdust to bolster the nutritional content/calories? Or are you making meals and adding it (like foil packet of chicken/instant potatoes + materdust).

Thanks.

Last edited:

gtriple

WKR
How are people utilizing this product? Are you halving a freeze dried meal and adding in mater/taterdust to bolster the nutritional content/calories? Or are you making meals and adding it (like foil packet f chicken/instant potatoes + materdust).

Thanks.
The cocoa dust is good by itself or with coffee in the morning. The tater dust is also good by itself (with added hot sauce and/or salt and pepper). The mater dust, IMO, is not great by itself. But it is not noticeable when mixed when foods that have tomato sauce like spaghetti.

We cut our calories by much more than 2:1 this season and we were never hungry.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
How are people utilizing this product? Are you halving a freeze dried meal and adding in mater/taterdust to bolster the nutritional content/calories? Or are you making meals and adding it (like foil packet f chicken/instant potatoes + materdust).

Thanks.
I have been splitting my meals into half then adding mater dust. I also mix the cocoa dust with coffee in the AM and maybe eat a handful of nuts or waffle with the coffee. I also like to mix the mater dust with a boulion cube for a hot drink while my food reheats.

I'm not hungry and haven't felt any ill effects (hunger, lathargy, stomach or bowel issues etc).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk