Rant: Private security for FS road closure cannot speak english

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
They are legit and I know what location your are referring to. It's been a long couple months and there are a ton of places that need security to keep the idiotic morons from doing stupid stuff. On the other end of that fire, they had game wardens from Minnesota doing the road checks. I couldn't understand what they were saying either.......

Randy

It's a well travelled road that acesses a lot of country, especially this time of year. There are folks coming through that have no idea that it has been closed for fire activity. The road block should have information and if staffed by guards, they should be able to convey to the public why. Pretty simple ask, I would say.

Chances are good that if you are ranting on the internet about people just doing their job, then you are the jerk in the situatio
Maybe I am confused? Your post indicates that they communicated the road closure with perfect clarity.
Also, don't please don't assume things about me. You have no idea who I would hire or what I value.
You started the name-calling Q! That might indicate a bit more than you realize about you!

We aren’t exactly best friends here but this site generally produces better dialogue than this!

Q child

WKR
You started the name-calling Q! That might indicate a bit more than you realize about you!

We aren’t exactly best friends here but this site generally produces better dialogue than this!
Agreed. My bad. I'm sorry to the community in general. And to Rotnguns in specific.
I think there are far less civilized things on here than saying that someone looks like a jerk in a situation. But I should have done better.

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
They are legit and I know what location your are referring to. It's been a long couple months and there are a ton of places that need security to keep the idiotic morons from doing stupid stuff. On the other end of that fire, they had game wardens from Minnesota doing the road checks. I couldn't understand what they were saying either.......

Randy
I appreciate the follow up that this is legit. I’ve been on both sides of this situation more than I can remember at this point and have never heard anything like this.

Nevertheless, I’m going to go ahead and beat on this dead horse some. Taking OPs description of the conversation… “is it burned back there” Response, “… what a nice truck you have.” I mean, cut the OP some slack fellas. That response is so very close to….
1727921705873.png

OP
Rotnguns

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. My bad. I'm sorry to the community in general. And to Rotnguns in specific.
I think there are far less civilized things on here than saying that someone looks like a jerk in a situation. But I should have done better.
No apology necessary to me, Q. I did come off as sort of a jerk by ranting about this situation. We're good.