Palmetto State not shipping mags I paid for?

So I'm well aware of the legislation in Washington (state), Kalifornia, and others banning mag capacity over 10 rounds.
Local FFLs have told me they receive firearms from vendors with high-cap mags, and cannot give them to the buyers but offer options to have the shipped out of state for safekeeping.
Palmetto State apparently not only doesn't ship the magazines, but charges you for them.

What are they doing with the two 15rd mags from the CZ P10c I ordered?

This is $80 worth of merchandise I paid for and will never receive, according to them.

I'm pretty pissed at PSA, not because they follow the law, but because they are charging full price and keeping merchandise I paid for instead of options like shipping the mags to another state EDIT...OR OFFERING A DISCOUNT TO U10 STATE CONSUMERS TO PURCHASE STATE-COMPATIBLE MAGS.
APPARENTLY, A RETAILER KEEPING AND (potentially) RE-SELLING NEW MERCHANDISE YOU PAID FOR IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL.

Last edited:
used to be that the gun maker was making Commifornia or state complaint weapons. (10rd mags and some other requirements.) When you ordered a gun, you had to select the one that was able to be sold in your state. PSA has to pay CZ or their wholesaler the full price for the gun, so that is why they charge you full price.

What a PITA to sell tons of weapons and have to then try and recoup the money they discounted the gun because they couldn't charge for the magazines. Seems like a nightmare for the gun shop. I mean, what value do they discount the gun? The cost of an aftermarket magazine, then they might end up with 1000's of CZ 15rd magazines that they have to try and sell?

What do you mean by shipping the magazines to another state? Glass is half full, Their p-10's are about as cheap as I have seen them anywhere.

OP
T
used to be that the gun maker was making Commifornia or state complaint weapons. (10rd mags and some other requirements.) When you ordered a gun, you had to select the one that was able to be sold in your state. PSA has to pay CZ or their wholesaler the full price for the gun, so that is why they charge you full price.

What a PITA to sell tons of weapons and have to then try and recoup the money they discounted the gun because they couldn't charge for the magazines. Seems like a nightmare for the gun shop. I mean, what value do they discount the gun? The cost of an aftermarket magazine, then they might end up with 1000's of CZ 15rd magazines that they have to try and sell?

What do you mean by shipping the magazines to another state? Glass is half full, Their p-10's are about as cheap as I have seen them anywhere.
It is a good deal on a P10c with night sights, but I have no mags to shoot it.

Other local FFLs receive firearms with 12, 15, 30 round mags from their distributors and tell the buyer 'We can't give them to you but for the cost of postage, we will ship them to someone out of state for safekeeping'.

I wonder what PSA is doing with all those minty fresh 15 rounders....

Sportsman's Warehouse has the same P10c without night sights with 10 rounders in stock.
Why not PSA?

MattB

WKR
What does their policy say about shipping guns with non-compliant magazines to your state?

Gutshotem

WKR
This is common, and it's pretty unreasonable to think they would make two different shipments to different states for the purpose of sidestepping commie state laws anyway.

You new it wass illegal for them to ship them to you, you should have clarified this point prior to payment.

Username does not checkout on this one.

fwafwow

WKR
It is a good deal on a P10c with night sights, but I have no mags to shoot it.

Other local FFLs receive firearms with 12, 15, 30 round mags from their distributors and tell the buyer 'We can't give them to you but for the cost of postage, we will ship them to someone out of state for safekeeping'.

I wonder what PSA is doing with all those minty fresh 15 rounders....

Sportsman's Warehouse has the same P10c without night sights with 10 rounders in stock.
Why not PSA?
I’m not sure I follow, but so the beyond 10 rounder legal mags are sent to the buyers’ friends out of state?

Gotcha, the shipping the mags out of state sounds like a terrible idea to skirt a state ban. To each their own on how to run their businesses tho. I would imagine they will package those minty fresh mags on some future P-10 deals like they seem to always have for sale on their main page.

It's up to the company to order whichever guns they feel will sell...

Kal-Elk

Lil-Rokslider
If you know of other online vendors that have said they will replace/refund non-compliant mags, to say nothing of ship them out of state, please let me know and they will have my business.

The "best" online shops I've personally seen are those who say in the listings that they are willing simply yank the mags before shipping. Most won't even let you purchase.

gman82001

WKR
States are suing gun manufacturers and sellers day in day out anymore if I lived in a state with shit laws I don’t think PSA would be who I’d be mad at

Tick

WKR
Your fight is with the local and state politicians that banned the mags in your state. I wouldn't expect any reputable ffl to separate the mags in a shipment to another state.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
PSA is not alone. Most if not all will not ship anything questionable to WA. I've heard first hand the gun shops in Idaho will not even sell to WA residents, mostly for liability. Make a friend in Idaho or Montana.

I used to laff at these things.....unitl I moved back to WA. Or at least my mailing address is WA. Had two vendors cancel or amend my cart prior to shipping.

No MagPul grip to Washington.

A $22 piece of plastic.....No Dice.

Have a Co-Worker who broke a Gas Buster charging handle.....on a Govt LEA rifle. Cannot get a replacement w/out official Letterhead. WTF......

Buying an "Assault Rifle" is one thing. But whatever "Team" they assembled in pushing this shit through in WA....was pretty fuggin thorough.

PSA is not alone. Most if not all will not ship anything questionable to WA. I've heard first hand the gun shops in Idaho will not even sell to WA residents, mostly for liability. Make a friend in Idaho or Montana.
Being close to the state line....I've heard the same. ID checks for sale of parts, etc. WA ID = No Dice

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I'm also seeing that even parts that can be used in non-banned guns in WA will not be shipped here if they "can" be used on an AR or banned rifle. Sheesh.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Have a Co-Worker who broke a Gas Buster charging handle.....on a Govt LEA rifle. Cannot get a replacement w/out official Letterhead. WTF......

Buying an "Assault Rifle" is one thing. But whatever "Team" they assembled in pushing this shit through in WA....was pretty fuggin thorough.
Yes they were. Side show Bob was the ring leader.

WA is getting pretty crazy and even FFLs are nervous of slipping up. I’ve had 2 different FFLs get slightly nervous about selling bolt action rifles with a threaded barrel. Ended up not being an issue and I sympathize with their caution to not get tripped up.