Palmetto State not shipping mags I paid for?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Yeah, my "guy" whose known me for a long time is telling me sorry. I think he's folding and closing up the FFL business as most of it was AR related.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just wonder what constitution these states fall under if it isn't the US Constitution. And if it isn't the US Constitution, how on earth are they still part of the US. I would think the first step would be to secede from the US, and THEN set up their own constitution......not the other way around.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Will not deal with PSA anymore. Tried ordering a trigger system from them over the phone and their CS said oh we don’t ship to that part of the country even through an ffl. So I said fine ship it to this location instead (out of state). They told me they can’t do that because they knew it would eventually end up in my hands. Said screw it cancel everything I’m not doing business with you again

I just wonder what constitution these states fall under if it isn't the US Constitution. And if it isn't the US Constitution, how on earth are they still part of the US. I would think the first step would be to secede from the US, and THEN set up their own constitution......not the other way around.
Only in Hollywood or in myth...

In the real world, BS laws can get passed and tend to be in effect for a very long time while it works its way through the courts. During this, they already Plan B, C, D, etc ready to go. If and when the SC rules against it, they whip out the next Plan and it starts all over. Courts have zero enforcement capabilities so you are relying upon the "losers" to comply when there is no mechanism to force them. As far as those agencies that could assist in enforcement, they too are corrupt and will only enforce what benefits them.

Look at CO and the baker. CO lost, made a slight change, just lost again, and expect them to pass yet another near clone of the original.

Look at the feds on student loans. They lost and already are implementing Plan B.

Look at affirmative action in schools; been in place for decades and has been to the SC before and came away successfully. They just lost and have already changed it up to "tell us how your race played a part in how you became you".

Yet here were are complaining that <insert component> can't be shipped to a location and are blaming a company protecting itself and employees. The real culprits are the politicians that come up with these laws and the voters that put them in office. Guess who is going to win, if not already done so?

MattB

WKR
The reading isn't the hard part, it's paying for merchandise that just gets pulled with no recourse to the consumer.
Imagine buying a car and it gets delivered with parts missing because they contain a known carcinogen.
You happy with that?
You paid for them.
This situation is frustrating, but reading their policy prior to purchase would have informed you to expect the very thing you are upset about.

In terms of your example, if the sale contract stipulated that the car would be delivered with parts missing and I signed the contract, I would have no one to be upset with other than myself.

Could they swap in compliant mags for the non-compliant ones?

Kal-Elk

Lil-Rokslider
The reading isn't the hard part, it's paying for merchandise that just gets pulled with no recourse to the consumer.
Imagine buying a car and it gets delivered with parts missing because they contain a known carcinogen.
You happy with that?
You paid for them.

In your analogy, you were also aware of the fact that importing that part was illegal (whether you agree with that law or not), you were also aware that the retailer knew that exporting that part to your state was illegal (whether you agree with that law or not). You also know that most retailers wont even bother selling to your state because they don't want to deal with the headaches involved (whether you agree with the law or not). You are an educated and knowledgable car (firearm) owner and experienced purchaser, correct?

On the listing for the car you bought it says at the bottom that they would remove any parts that were illegal to own in your state. It did not say there that they would give you a discount for the missing parts, substitute the missing parts, or ship the missing parts to a third party.

Based on those facts, why would you assume they would do anything besides what exactly they said they would do? Anything beyond exactly that was an assumption on your part.

Look man, I get it. I've lived in California my whole life. I hate dealing with it too. But like I mentioned before, show me one firearm retailer that will let you do just one of your expectations (Discount, Substitute, or Ship to Third Party), and I will start purchasing exclusively from them. I agree with the premise and would love for such a business to thrive.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're complaining a horse wasn't your unicorn.

robtattoo

WKR
So are they also not refunding OP's money?

Why would they?
They've got to pay someone to pull the box, open & remove the mags, store the mags, re-inventory them, add them to their stocklist & then either relist or discard them.
I know it's not a massive amount of work, but it's extra work, over & above the normal retail process. Somebody has to pay for that, why should PSA foot the bill because the OP can't understand a really simple rule?

Think of it as a dumdum tax.

robtattoo

WKR
Will not deal with PSA anymore. Tried ordering a trigger system from them over the phone and their CS said oh we don’t ship to that part of the country even through an ffl. So I said fine ship it to this location instead (out of state). They told me they can’t do that because they knew it would eventually end up in my hands. Said screw it cancel everything I’m not doing business with you again

No different that going into a liquor store (as a legal adult) with a 14 year old, asking them what they, then bitching about YOU (the legal adult) being refused sale of the liquor......

Or making an obvious straw purchase for a felon.

sounds like a lot of belly aching for something the OP could have avoided all together ?? lol if you CAN read, you would have read that they would NOT be mailing the mags....

1689183208871.png

NRA4LIFE

WKR
You happy with that?
You paid for them.
Not true. I just went through this. If parts can't be delivered with a vehicle, the cost of the parts is deducted from the vehicle cost. In my case, the parts were not available. And, as the parts come available, the company is retrofitting the vehicle at no cost to me.

OP
T
Why would they?
They've got to pay someone to pull the box, open & remove the mags, store the mags, re-inventory them, add them to their stocklist & then either relist or discard them.
I know it's not a massive amount of work, but it's extra work, over & above the normal retail process. Somebody has to pay for that, why should PSA foot the bill because the OP can't understand a really simple rule?

Think of it as a dumdum tax.
Apparently having a retailer keep portions of your merchandise THAT YOU PAID FOR is perfectly acceptable to you as long as they have a disclaimer.
Dumdum tax...I'll remember that one.

robtattoo

WKR
Apparently having a retailer keep portions of your merchandise THAT YOU PAID FOR is perfectly acceptable to you as long as they have a disclaimer.
Dumdum tax...I'll remember that one.
You did knowingly try to buy something that you know is prohibited for you to own, purchase or have shipped to you...... yeah, I think it's fair. They could've just flat out refused you the sale entirely, like so many other retailers.

Maybe dumdum tax is wrong. Call it a 'non-resident convenience fee'

Unckebob

WKR

Basically, you are mad at them for following the law?

If they accidentally or intentionally send a "banned" anything and something bad happens, the gun grabbers will sue them until the cows come home.

They are dumb (probably unconstitutional) laws, but nobody with 1/2 a brain is going to risk violating them.

OP should have (and probably did know) known the mags were verboten in his state. It is a s***y outcome, but they are s***y laws.

Unckebob

WKR
Look man, I get it. I've lived in California my whole life. I hate dealing with it too. But like I mentioned before, show me one firearm retailer that will let you do just one of your expectations (Discount, Substitute, or Ship to Third Party), and I will start purchasing exclusively from them. I agree with the premise and would love for such a business to thrive.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're complaining a horse wasn't your unicorn.

A lot of gunmakers have SKU's that come with state specific mags.

Sadly, Cali's laws have gotten so strict (confusing) that it deters (which was their intentions) legal firearms and parts from coming into the state.

svivian

WKR
You happy with that?
You paid for them.
Its ok you didn't want those mags anyways.... the springs in them are the same ones they use in older toyota tacomas.