Our new Secretary of the Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what happened, but every outlet said Rodgers was the pick. So either something happened behind the scenes(i.e. She turned it down, sons put a bug in his ear, or something else)
But this option is better than Rodgers that's for sure.

On a side note, BHA needs to get their shit together. Wether the guy wears flip flops is irrelevant. I'd like to see them put some actual thought in what they start writing, they are not a small potatoes grass roots org anymore, they need to stop acting like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are those the same outlets that said Hillary had it in the bag and that the markets would crash if Trump won? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
Are those the same outlets that said Hillary had it in the bag and that the markets would crash if Trump won? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Probably.

Looks like the libs won't need to seek out a safe space after all.

So who is ready to admit they were wrong???? Let me guess we'll just hear more Russia bullcrap?

KMBH

FNG
Probably.

Looks like the libs won't need to seek out a safe space after all.

So who is ready to admit they were wrong???? Let me guess we'll just hear more Russia bullcrap?

Why do you want the OP, or anyone else, to admit they were wrong. Trump's team released the name last week, the OP just posted what they released. Maybe they floated her name to see what the reaction was. Or, maybe they never intended to appoint her. Or, maybe she declined. Or, maybe Trump lurks on Rokslide and reconsidered. We will never know. And, we still do not know what any appointment will do until they are in the position. But, my ability to hunt absolutely lives and dies with public land access. This topic is a hot issue with me, and Hillary and the Russians have nothing to do with this topic.

JWP58

WKR
Why do you want the OP, or anyone else, to admit they were wrong. Trump's team released the name last week, the OP just posted what they released. Maybe they floated her name to see what the reaction was. Or, maybe they never intended to appoint her. Or, maybe she declined. Or, maybe Trump lurks on Rokslide and reconsidered. We will never know. And, we still do not know what any appointment will do until they are in the position. But, my ability to hunt absolutely lives and dies with public land access. This topic is a hot issue with me, and Hillary and the Russians have nothing to do with this topic.

Just hoping the "sky is falling " crowd would learn a lesson about playing the "jump to conclusions " game. But they won't because Keith olberman didn't say to...

P.s. bha has to be a little bummed right now.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
the Trump team was definitely lurking here; there was enough concern voiced here they sent me a pm and asked me who would be a good choice- Zinke's name came to mind- the rest is history

Trial153

WKR
The Russians were spying and reported back up the Trump camp.
I smelled the vodka as soon as I logged on...

OP
B

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
As OP, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and happily so. This looks like a great pick for us and I'm happy to see it. We can't know how things will play out until they play out, but this looks like a much better pick than McMorris.

Sent using Tapatalk

Good pick by the PEOTUS. I'm hopeful Rep. Zinke will continue his support for public land and conservation as SOI. Most of Trumps other picks leave a bit to be desired. Perry as SOE (the department he couldn't remember as one he wanted to dissolve) and the Exxon CEO as Sec of State. SMH.

cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Zinke looks like a good pick to me .

Don't disagree but: Zinke is also in Trump's camp on energy development etc. I just hope I don't have to hike around mines and drilling rigs while hunting public land.

If I was the current head of the DEQ right now I think I'd be updating my resume.

Just hoping the "sky is falling " crowd would learn a lesson about playing the "jump to conclusions " game. But they won't because Keith olberman didn't say to...

P.s. bha has to be a little bummed right now.

Your life must really suck... your negativity is literally seeping through my computer. Your low brow rhetoric screams of insecurities in everything you post.

I just don't get it with the constant name BS and the safe safe space shit. Your a grown ass man I assume... you should start conducting yourself accordingly.

I'm guessing someone from BHA slept with your wife, as that is the only thing I can think of to drive you to relentlessly shit talk them at every turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't disagree but: Zinke is also in Trump's camp on energy development etc. I just hope I don't have to hike around mines and drilling rigs while hunting public land.

If I was the current head of the DEQ right now I think I'd be updating my resume.

This is why I'm cautiously optimistic. I very much like the fact that Zinke is a hunter and angler, and has shown through his voting that his genuinely cares about keeping federal lands accessible to the public. I am a little leery of his stance on energy development, and hope that he maintains a strong environmental conscience throughout his tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.