More federal property, formerly huntable, now being sold

dotman

WKR
Hopefully it is vetoed and the new interior secretary is against and lets the president know!

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
Big Fin is here!

I'm not familiar with any of these particular parcels, but it can't be good. Hopefully its quashed.

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Randy,

I hope you guys are pushing to your contact to get it in front of the president that sportsman are against.

This week has been a full court press on this topic and many other issues affecting public hunting lands.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope Utah can drain it's septic tank of state legislators soon. I personally let Jason know I'll be supporting ANYONE running against him for his seat. Sell my tags to highest bidder and my state lands for personal gain does make his face the most punchable in Utah (excluding Don P of course)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

elkduds

WKR
Let's skip "I told you so" and get straight to "Pull Your Head Out and Light Up Your Congressional Reps" to block sale of federal lands. Denial ain't a river in Egypt, my fellow hunting Americans.

elkduds

WKR
And they haven't even published what the bill proposes to sell:

Text: H.R.621 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)All Bill Information (Except Text)

As of 01/26/2017 text has not been received for H.R.621 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming, previously identified as suitable for disposal, and for other purposes. \n\n Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress from GPO, the Government Publishing Office, a day or two after they are introduced on the floor of the House or Senate. Delays can occur when there are a large number of bills to prepare or when a very large bill has to be printed.

204guy

WKR
I don't think I've ever heard Randy make a statement I disagree with, so if he's against this I'm against this.

However I did look at the map for the areas I'm familiar with and nearly every single parcel marked as "suitable for disposal" is landlocked and wasn't open to public hunting or any recreation anyway. Unless of course you flew in. What many of these lands are is publicly owned private hunting grounds. If the endgame was to sell off some inaccessible for stuff with access I'd support that. Long story short the sky isn't falling quite yet.

I don't think I've ever heard Randy make a statement I disagree with, so if he's against this I'm against this.

However I did look at the map for the areas I'm familiar with and nearly every single parcel marked as "suitable for disposal" is landlocked and wasn't open to public hunting or any recreation anyway. Unless of course you flew in. What many of these lands are is publicly owned private hunting grounds. If the endgame was to sell off some inaccessible for stuff with access I'd support that. Long story short the sky isn't falling quite yet.

IMO, once we start with inaccessible parcels, it will progress into the sale of everything else. Dickholes like Chaffetz will think nobody really cares and continue to chip away until there is no more public land. Better to oppose it all from the beginning just to play it safe.

204guy

WKR
IMO, once we start with inaccessible parcels, it will progress into the sale of everything else. Dickholes like Chaffetz will think nobody really cares and continue to chip away until there is no more public land. Better to oppose it all from the beginning just to play it safe.

Too funny I bet you're all for compromise and "common sense" when it comes to gun control. Hunters don't need 30 round mags anyway right? We'll have to agree to disagree as I don't see any benefit to small parcels of public land that aren't accessible to the public, that's just common sense.

I already said(though in a roundabout way) that I don't support this.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It makes no sense to sell anything if your not getting market value for it just keep it. I'd buy some landlocked parcel at pennies on the dollar but bet it'll only be offered up to friends and family

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Old_Navy

Lil-Rokslider
How much are you willing to bet that there's coal or oil under some of those lands. GOP is bought & paid for by the Koch Bro. And
don't forget , Trumps Sec. of State Rex Tillerson EXXON CEO receiving medal from Putin. There are already drafts of Exec. Orders
to lift sanctions against Russia. How long do you think it will take Exxon to get in there to cut deals for Oil contracts.