New rules on posting spots? Really Rokslide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna throw in my two cents here after reading some of the arguments.

Its a private forum, they can set rules and you either follow them or leave.

With that said, if you're asking about a true LE tag(my meaning on this - its a LE unit for the animal you're asking about, there's no general season) I don't see where making a post asking about said unit is a big deal. Great, so 10,000 people can google it and see where someone asked. Whats the chances of them actually drawing the tag and being able to hunt it? I don't know about you guys, but I typically don't spend time in LE country until I draw a tag... and I'm not about to start applying for a unit just because some guy asked about it on a forum.

Now if this unit has a general season for said animal, I completely agree.

Which brings me to a follow up point...

If people googling results is such a bad thing - why not turn off the forum for non-members and search engines. I don't see this happening, and if its such a big deal I'm not sure why it hasn't been done already... or at least make the animal specific forums for members only. If people want to partake in the forum(and information), they have to create an account.

Ultimately, like I mentioned at the beginning - its a private forum. They can choose to moderate it as they see fit. I, nor anyone else has to 100% agree with the rules but we gotta follow them if we want to be here.

Alot less than before it was posted to the world wide web that's for sure.
But it’s already posted to the WWW in the hunting regs… goHunt or whatever tag service you might subscribe to.

What’s far more damaging is success photos from said units or YouTubers/influencers/show hosts running their mouths about it.

With that said, if you're asking about a true LE tag(my meaning on this - its a LE unit for the animal you're asking about, there's no general season) I don't see where making a post asking about said unit is a big deal. Great, so 10,000 people can google it and see where someone asked. Whats the chances of them actually drawing the tag and being able to hunt it? I don't know about you guys, but I typically don't spend time in LE country until I draw a tag... and I'm not about to start applying for a unit just because some guy asked about it on a forum.
The issue with asking questions about LE tags is making already difficult tags even more difficult to draw. Discussing any unit in positive light will make it more difficult to draw.

It all adds up. No reason to make it worse.

It does all add up. How many of the people in here who are vehemently against this also consume hunting media? Be it YouTube, following IG/TikTok/whatever, watching shows, listening to podcasts? That all contributes.

Of course that's not an argument anyone wants to broach, and everyone who consumes it will actively avoid and deflect because...

Whats that saying about throwing stones in glass houses?

Status
Not open for further replies.