New Ruger American Gen II

robtattoo

WKR
I tried on this one with no luck. The lugs on this are V shaped so I couldn't really figure out any way to get adjustment.

Were they also V shaped on the Gen 1?
Yes, but there was quite a bit of clearance between the bolts & holes. Enough to wiggle it into place.

Grabbed a 6.5 for my oldest to start hunting with this year... Pretty great rifle for the price IMO. Much improved from the gen 1. The stock without spacer makes this a killer youth rifle.

Barrel is under 20" and closer to 18.5 from end of action to tip of threads. Muzzle break brings it to 20".

lGOE4qVh.jpg

qqc43Ulh.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

How stiff is the mag release? Looks like it hangs down enough I’d have issues bumping it and dropping mag
Pretty stiff... Almost too much honestly - that said, far rather it be stiff like this instead of floppy. It clicks in pretty solid, doesn't seem like there is much of a chance of it popping out honestly, release is also pretty stiff.

I posted this on hunttalk also, but mine showed up with a stock the shape of a boomerang.

Otherwise, it seemed like a decent rifle.

View attachment 661890

The gen 2 ranch I saw in a shop a day or two after they released was the same way. To the same side even. I won’t buy one unless I can inspectn
Grabbed a 6.5 for my oldest to start hunting with this year... Pretty great rifle for the price IMO. Much improved from the gen 1. The stock without spacer makes this a killer youth rifle.

Barrel is under 20" and closer to 18.5 from end of action to tip of threads. Muzzle break brings it to 20".

lGOE4qVh.jpg

qqc43Ulh.jpg

Yeah, that would be because barrel length is measured from the bolt face and not the action face…

The gen 2 ranch I saw in a shop a day or two after they released was the same way. To the same side even. I won’t buy one unless I can inspectn

Yeah, that would be because barrel length is measured from the bolt face and not the action face…
Cool, just reporting how far it sticks out

Randy11

Lil-Rokslider
Any chance you pulled the barreled action and reinstalled stock torquing screws down evenly? Bummer this happened to you.

I did. I pulled it apart, and checked to make sure the recoil lugs looked good. I could not find any play anywhere to adjust and re-center it. Reassembled and torqued to 60 PSI. No change.

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Pretty happy with my Gen II RAR project in .300 BO.
Fits in a B&C Sporter stock nicely. Although I did employ the sandpaper and socket method to open up the barrel channel to float the barrel a bit more. I tried a Glades Armory aluminum bolt shroud for a Gen 1 on mine. It fit but converted the 3 position safety into a 2 position. Appears a very simple Dremel clearancing mod will alleviate that. Accuracy with Barnes 110 TAC TX seems excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0687.jpeg
    IMG_0687.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I did. I pulled it apart, and checked to make sure the recoil lugs looked good. I could not find any play anywhere to adjust and re-center it. Reassembled and torqued to 60 PSI. No change.

Roger that. If it’s any consolation my Tikka UPR is slightly off center but it also has a large barrel channel. Hopefully you get it turned around quickly.

Buzby

WKR
I tried on this one with no luck. The lugs on this are V shaped so I couldn't really figure out any way to get adjustment.

Were they also V shaped on the Gen 1?
Same. I do t see how you could get the stock to move to the side with V shaped bedding blocks.

I used some aluminum tape to shim one side of the v and center the barrel.

Handsome is and handsome does, but the aesthetic choices they made with this rifle are pretty.... interesteing. To say the least. The drop in the comb on the stock is the only thing that I'll say is a major fail, though.