New Ruger American Gen II

Bama67

FNG

Unclecroc

FNG
Hopefully they’re a tad more refined than the original. Not a fan of the extended mags. Some nice cartridge choices anyway. I’ll be eager to see one.

Don't know if its been posted. But Ruger has updated the ol' American rifle.

Looks fancy, hopefully shoots as good as the old ones. I know they get a lot of hate, but I have 4 of them in various calibers and man if they aren't accurate as hell. All of mine shoot sub-MOA easily, usually half that.

View attachment 644002

Do you have a 7-08 or a compact I was looking at getting a 7-08 in a compact was wondering if they are still accurate inside 200?

OP
Bama67

Bama67

FNG
True, but the regular Ruger American MSRP is over $500 and I don't think I ever paid over $320 for one.
Although I that was a few years ago since I last purchased one.

So I think this rifle could feasibly be had for $500ish once it comes out and demand cools off.

True, but the regular Ruger American MSRP is over $500 and I don't think I ever paid over $320 for one.
Although I that was a few years ago since I last purchased one.

So I think this rifle could feasibly be had for $500ish once it comes out and demand cools off.
Looking at Bud's, the base model RA go for $440-500ish. The RA hunter in Magpul stock is $750. I'm guessing the rifle in link with all the fancy features is all of $750 or more.

grfox92

WKR
I wonder if the barrels are stress relieved.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

OP
Bama67

Bama67

FNG
I don't know how Ruger does it but the original Americans are shooters. Everyone I have ever seen has had fantastic accuracy.
There are legitimate arguments to be made for the crudeness of manufacture, and the cheap stock, but for the money, vs the accuracy you get, it's damn hard to beat. Hopefully the new generation delivers for the increased price.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Color me intrigued. I like the look of it. Sure looks better than the standard RA and I have to assume it'll have the same inherent accuracy of a RA, but will it FEEL better than a standard RA? I'm curious to see what the street price will be for these. For $100-$150 more, I'd still be inclined to get a Tikka.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Like the shorter barrels that are coming threaded, like the cerakoting, like the calibers they are releasing! They need to come with a flush mag option, and the stock isn’t my favorite but it’s likely an upgrade from the original. I applaud ruger for doing what it seems like the wider market wants