New Ruger American Gen II

BLJ

WKR
My three Gen 1's all have the rotary mag or the single stack 450 BM, but you are right.
I’ll clarify on what I said a little bit.

I saw a Gen 2 450 Bushmaster at the LGS and it had the standard single stack mag that come with all the 450’s.
This magwell (Gen 2 450 Bushmaster) was the removable one that can be replaced by the AR15/AICS magwell.

I’m not sure if Ruger is offering the rotary mags in the Gen 2’s. I haven’t seen one yet.

But from what I’ve seen so far, the Gen 2 stocks will have the ability for the mag wells to be swapped around amongst the AR15/AICS/450 Bushmaster single stack magazines.

I hope that’s more clear instead of more mud. 😁

Will they be missed? I have only owned one but it was awful, no close second place for the worst rifle I’ve owned

If the barrel got warm it opened up into a bad shotgun pattern, and had over 7# trigger pull from the factory

The guy I sold it to (cheap) got it shooting ok by doing some trigger work and bedding, but why would someone start with that platform?

I’m sure they have improved some, but there are just too many better options, if it’s discontinued, it wouldn’t be a mystery why

Go price check 90’s model m77’s on Gunbroker. Guys like me appreciate the fact they’re not a sniper rifle, just a hunting rifle that will outlive my grandkids in harsh environments. Those skeleton stock all weather m77’s have awful triggers but somehow have been stacking game animals for 30 years now.

And are now worth 4-5x what they cost new.

Go price check 90’s model m77’s on Gunbroker. Guys like me appreciate the fact they’re not a sniper rifle, just a hunting rifle that will outlive my grandkids in harsh environments. Those skeleton stock all weather m77’s have awful triggers but somehow have been stacking game animals for 30 years now.

And are now worth 4-5x what they cost new.
Yeah, I liked the boat paddle stock vintage, I thought that’s what I was ordering but it was the year they switched

People pay for nostalgia, that’s the only reason they are so much on the used market

Mine was the first year they went back to the traditional plastic stock, and you are right, they weren’t a sniper rifle 😂

I know they were extremely popular in my area at the time, and they killed stuff (mine shot ok cold) but mine replaced a cheap marlin, but that cheap marlin was a far nicer rifle for half the price

The one good thing that came out of my Ruger was I replaced it with a tikka in the same cartridge (270win) and that was a great rifle, and still is, I gave it to my sis in law several years ago, and it’s never missed a beat

The tikka is no sniper rifle either, it’s bone stock, but in a completely different caliber than the Ruger was. Now Ruger’s budget rifle is a much better turn key option than their more premium line, I don’t know how they can keep producing the m77, who would buy one?

I know the m77 carries some nostalgia, but people buying a new rifle aren’t doing so for nostalgia, and the cheapest of rifles today are good shooters

Yeah, I liked the boat paddle stock vintage, I thought that’s what I was ordering but it was the year they switched

People pay for nostalgia, that’s the only reason they are so much on the used market

Mine was the first year they went back to the traditional plastic stock, and you are right, they weren’t a sniper rifle 😂

I know they were extremely popular in my area at the time, and they killed stuff (mine shot ok cold) but mine replaced a cheap marlin, but that cheap marlin was a far nicer rifle for half the price

The one good thing that came out of my Ruger was I replaced it with a tikka in the same cartridge (270win) and that was a great rifle, and still is, I gave it to my sis in law several years ago, and it’s never missed a beat

The tikka is no sniper rifle either, it’s bone stock, but in a completely different caliber than the Ruger was. Now Ruger’s budget rifle is a much better turn key option than their more premium line, I don’t know how they can keep producing the m77, who would buy one?

I know the m77 carries some nostalgia, but people buying a new rifle aren’t doing so for nostalgia, and the cheapest of rifles today are good shooters
I understand new rifles are more accurate, but corner cutting for a cheaper “value” everywhere else means these rifles won’t last as long.

I had a new Tikka 260 CTR last year. Sold it within 2 months. If I want that much plastic on a gun, I’ll buy another Glock. Yuck

I understand new rifles are more accurate, but corner cutting for a cheaper “value” everywhere else means these rifles won’t last as long.

I had a new Tikka 260 CTR last year. Sold it within 2 months. If I want that much plastic on a gun, I’ll buy another Glock. Yuck
Yeah, here is proof that they can break, good call on ditching it before the inevitable 😏

Yeah, here is proof that they can break, good call on ditching it before the inevitable 😏

Which do you think would survive a tumble down the mountain better- a ruger m77 all weather, or a plastic tikka?

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
$579 out the door for gen 2, in 223.

I am waiting for a scope to arrive then will have some testing to do with this. I have a gen1 308 RA and two tikkas. TBH this 223 will become the truck/ yote / hand off to buddys. I am building one tikka into a rokslide special since she spent her first half of life riding properties shooting hogs/ geese/deer/ funny looking boulders or tree knots and didnt have issues from being thrown in truck bed/ toolbox/ atv/ bounced around at any point and its almost to 1000 rounds through it.

If this RA does half as well, I will be pleased with purchase. Also it will be the first gun handed to my kid to learn on or buddys that need a rifle when we go. I did buy the mcarbo spring for the trigger to go ahead and address that.

Buzby

WKR
If Stocky’s inlets the RokStok for these, I’ll probably pick one up in 223 with STANAG mags for a truck gun.

Randy11

Lil-Rokslider
I was able to handle one today in .223.

I was impressed with everything about it other than the magazine. It did not attach securely at all, and was very loose and rattled around.

Is this the case with the larger calibers that have the shorter magazine as well?

I was able to handle one today in .223.

I was impressed with everything about it other than the magazine. It did not attach securely at all, and was very loose and rattled around.

Is this the case with the larger calibers that have the shorter magazine as well?
I have one in .223 and my mag fits tight probably. My friend owns a gun shop and he has several in stock I'm going to go check the others he has and see how the standard versions feel and check on the other ranches he has and see how many feel loose. I think he has 3 other ranches unless they sold.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
I have one in .223 and my mag fits tight probably. My friend owns a gun shop and he has several in stock I'm going to go check the others he has and see how the standard versions feel and check on the other ranches he has and see how many feel loose. I think he has 3 other ranches unless they sold.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
If he has a standard 20" american can you get actual barrel length without break?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Dsellen14

FNG
To clarify. The 223/5.56 AR mags do go into the ranch gen 1 and gen 2 5.56 rifles . I was a bit confused but when I got mine home it was clear they use the same mag well.