New "MOUNTAIN WARRIOR" pack from Kifaru

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've gotten a few questions about the price of the bag at $248, but not including the lid in that price.

The reason we offer the bag without a lid is because of the amount of people that already own Kifaru lids. You can choose from several lids in the shopping cart and the price will go up when you do, but we didn't think people would mind a "no lid" option to save them some money if they didn't need one.

bmart2622

WKR
Hey Aron, what lid do you prefer with this pack? Any advantages to the Guide lid over the long hunter aside from capacity?

Kotaman

WKR
i've gotten a few questions about the price of the bag at $248, but not including the lid in that price.

The reason we offer the bag without a lid is because of the amount of people that already own kifaru lids. You can choose from several lids in the shopping cart and the price will go up when you do, but we didn't think people would mind a "no lid" option to save them some money if they didn't need one.

exactly...I guess next time you have to advertise the higher price WITH the lid and give a "discount" without the lid! :) Then, everyone is happy! :cool:

colonel00

WKR
exactly...I guess next time you have to advertise the higher price WITH the lid and give a "discount" without the lid! :) Then, everyone is happy! :cool:

Don't forget, you can also buy one for HALF the price of buying two!

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Hey Aron, what lid do you prefer with this pack? Any advantages to the Guide lid over the long hunter aside from capacity?

I'm not Aron but I run the guide lid for multiple reasons. When we were designing this pack it was meant to be a multi use pack system. Day hunting to 10 + days with add-ons. With that in mind the newer Guide lid offers the best bang for your buck with the lids to make this pack a true multi-use pack system. I like it because you can access the lid more quickly and easily when your pack and lid are full. The lid is now a small backpack when detached and I run the hell out of that when I"m in the back country fishing and/or moving to a glassing point for scouting.

mt100gr.

WKR
Aron, could you also touch on the matter of using the meat shelf extension between the bag and the frame with this pack? ...I guess I am asking if the compression straps are long enough to run a load behind the bag if you had to. Thanks.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron, could you also touch on the matter of using the meat shelf extension between the bag and the frame with this pack? ...I guess I am asking if the compression straps are long enough to run a load behind the bag if you had to. Thanks.
They're long enough to use a shelf...I'll reply more after my migraine goes away:)

Gonna go pass out for a while.

Rizzy

WKR
I'm looking over the specs on this pack, and it looks like the MW is 8 oz. lighter than the EMR2. Am I reading the specs right?

trk3263

WKR
Just watched the videos and I gotta say I really like how when compressed down the front pocket turns into a small backpack. It looks like I might have to sell my HC and Nomad. I really did want to try out the nomad on a trip but I am not sure I will ever truly be happy with it due to the width.
One thing that would have been nice to see if the option of running the MW without a lid and still not having to worry about rain and debris falling in the top opening. Some type of a roll top latch system like the new pods would be sweet for the top access. I just find it useless to put a flat lid on this pack when not needing any extra room.

Aron it looks like the MW is more squared off at the bottom unlike the HC. Do you have any comparison photos of the HC4800 and MW stuffed side by side? The way the HC bulged at the bottom always gets to me. Also could you show a photo of the frame side of the pack I imagine it is similar to the HC but just interested in where the connection points are compared to the HC.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's a few photos of the Kifaru Clip I had mentioned before. Patrick came up with these a few months back, and as you can see it will attach to just about anything (P.A.L.S, tab loops or overlap back to itself).

These will eventually replace the K connectors on the EMRII and Nomad compression straps and will also be used in several other ways in Kifaru designs.

These are not up on the Kifaru website yet, but when they are you will be able to order them with the standard male SR buckles or Autolocks.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just watched the videos and I gotta say I really like how when compressed down the front pocket turns into a small backpack. It looks like I might have to sell my HC and Nomad. I really did want to try out the nomad on a trip but I am not sure I will ever truly be happy with it due to the width.
One thing that would have been nice to see if the option of running the MW without a lid and still not having to worry about rain and debris falling in the top opening. Some type of a roll top latch system like the new pods would be sweet for the top access. I just find it useless to put a flat lid on this pack when not needing any extra room.

Aron it looks like the MW is more squared off at the bottom unlike the HC. Do you have any comparison photos of the HC4800 and MW stuffed side by side? The way the HC bulged at the bottom always gets to me. Also could you show a photo of the frame side of the pack I imagine it is similar to the HC but just interested in where the connection points are compared to the HC.

I understand what you're saying about the roll top lid, but we found that the "over the top strap" will take care of the debris problem as it holds the top closed. That's not saying that it will hold water out in a down poor, but if you roll the top up and then compress it, it does a pretty good job of closing thing off.

I don't have any side by side photos of the HC and MW, but the WM doesn't slope out like the HC.

I'll try and get some photos up, but I'm heading by to Oregon this weekend and may not get to it till after Christmas.

Rizzy

WKR
Those clips are sleek, good idea! That SR buckle looks like there is something different on the male side?