New "MOUNTAIN WARRIOR" pack from Kifaru

Stew, he's serious about having you call him. Aron's a great guy to talk shop with. He's no ordinary salesman but a guy that's passionate about the outdoors, spends lots of time practicing the art of hunting/backpacking, and wants to make sure we're beyond happy with whatever we end up with. Can't say enough about the advice he's given me. Very user friendly and accommodating.

dotman

WKR
Any plans on a 3000 ci mountain warrior 2? I think I'd have to cash in the change bucket for that one.

If you follow the Kifaru forum Joe stated there is more to come, who knows what this means but I'm looking fwd to see what comes out.

mt100gr.

WKR
Aron, it's probably been covered, but how big is the back pocket on the MW and is that included in the listed volume?

I really wish there were tab loops/PALS instead of the large sleeve on the outside panel. I like the belt pouches and organizers on the sides, but I prefer them in the center when the main bag is compressed. Same way I run my xing, highcamp, xray...etc :)

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You would be the minority, but that's ok....you're special:)
I really wish there were tab loops/PALS instead of the large sleeve on the outside panel. I like the belt pouches and organizers on the sides, but I prefer them in the center when the main bag is compressed. Same way I run my xing, highcamp, xray...etc :)

Kotaman

WKR
Aron...We are going to have a serious conversation about this pack at the Sheep Show...Preliminary question: How does the T1 bag size (without the useless sides) compare to this bag? (Main bag vs. main bag)

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The DT1 is slightly bigger in circumference and the Mountain Warrior doesn't have a snow collar.
Aron...We are going to have a serious conversation about this pack at the Sheep Show...Preliminary question: How does the T1 bag size (without the useless sides) compare to this bag? (Main bag vs. main bag)

Last edited:
Yeah how many do I have to buy in order to make me special enough for a custom order? ;)

Count me in on that, I really really like the MW. Always loved panel loaders and the buckle on top is ingenious to make it a dual side zip. I've also noticed panels loaded with pals get a little flimsy so I can understand not wanting that on there. In a perfect world a matrix like on the back of the highcamp would have been what I wanted, but as Aron has said the pouch is 1000 ci when the bag is stuffed so an empty bag I could see it being more. That's plenty big for all my day hunt gear. And on longer trips my rain gear and puffy will reside there.

With all that said, when are they gonna be up on the site? :cool:

Last edited:

Rizzy

WKR
I like the MW the best out of the 2, it is more of a hunting pack. It's tempting, but I find myself in the same dilemma as with the high camp. Where do I do put my spotter and tripod? If it had a built in billow pocket or short slot pocket on each side above the hip pouches webbing, it would be hard to pass up.