New "MOUNTAIN WARRIOR" pack from Kifaru

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks, that is clear now. So tell me, why would I want an autoloc buckle as compared to the standard SR buckle or even K connector? What are the advantages of this buckle if any. Seems autoloc buckles would be difficult to operate if fingers were really cold.

Sorry to highjack this thread
They are HORRIBLE to operate with cold fingers and gloves!

They do work well in areas that webbing has the potential to go around tight corners where a standard buckle would slip. The K connector works the same as an A lock buckle. ...just better with cold fingers.

This photo is a good example of when a k connector or A lock would be better then standard buckles.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418993356588.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418993356588.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 270

Mark

WKR
Can someone post a picture or link that details which buckle is named what?

Links...

Side Release Buckle (aka SR Buckle) and K-Connectors

The A-Lock buckle is shown in the post above. These things are a bitch to operate but I can see their value in certain situations. I bought a Grab-It II for my son for Christmas and it has the A-Lock buckles. I took one off to take a closer look at it and it was a bitch to re-thread the webbing. Granted that won't happen in the field, but it was still annoying.

Hope this helps, Brandon.

edg1967

WKR
Both Aron & Joe have eluded to the fact that there will be no more new large packs introduced this year. I like the looks of this one, but it may be a little big for my needs. Yes, it can be compressed, but I don't necessarily want to buy a pack that would be in the compressed mode 95% of the time. Any hints on what the smaller bag will be like? I read maybe around 2800 CI? Duplex? Hunting or Tactical?

bmart2622

WKR
Hey Aron or Joe, I saw on the website that the Mountain Warrior is offered in typhon, will lids be offeres in the same color also?

TylerW

FNG
You guys are making it hard to stick with a new pack choice, I had my mind made up on a new pack but now my head is going to implode with all great choices but I guess good to have to many to chose from than none.

amp713

WKR
Crap........................... Right when i start debating on if i should get the EMRII or not I see the email on this one...... HMMMM.....

trk3263

WKR
Both Aron & Joe have eluded to the fact that there will be no more new large packs introduced this year. I like the looks of this one, but it may be a little big for my needs. Yes, it can be compressed, but I don't necessarily want to buy a pack that would be in the compressed mode 95% of the time. Any hints on what the smaller bag will be like? I read maybe around 2800 CI? Duplex? Hunting or Tactical?

I was also looking for something smaller more around a 4000 cuin because my highcamp is more than I need on a 7 day pack in. However, I do think think this pack will work great. The 5000 allows for some extreme times like bad weather needing more clothes or packing larger loads of meat out.
I haven't got my hands on this pack yet but I am hoping I can compress the top down with the too compression strap not needing a lid and allowing it to be as light as possible but still very usable. I also really like how you can compress it down to use the back pocket to be a basic day pack with great access to all my day gear. So to me the extra size isn't going to matter much. I can see if you were looking for a 2 to 3 day pack it could be overkills but really 3 days of gear is normally the same as 10 days of gear just more food and maybe an one change of clothes.

bmart2622

WKR
Ok, that makes sense. When you split it like that it makes sense. Thats the beauty of all of the different packs out there, there is something to fit nearly everyone's hunting style.

bmart2622

WKR
Im not far behind ya kotaman, just waiting for Christmas to pass us by and then i will pull the trigger. What color did you get?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Hey Aron or Joe, I saw on the website that the Mountain Warrior is offered in typhon, will lids be offeres in the same color also?

Yes, we will be offering the lids in Typhon as well. Its a pretty sick looking bag setup in all Typhon

bmart2622

WKR
I get that, ive done plenty of backpack hunts but camp and meat is going to be tough with a 4800 ci pack with no load shelf or things strapped to the outside.

bmart2622

WKR
I was afraid and hoping you would say that. I bet its a tough looking pack for sure. I guess i will have another reason to get a guide lid now.
Yes, we will be offering the lids in Typhon as well. Its a pretty sick looking bag setup in all Typhon