Mtn Lion Ban Filed in Colorado

intunegp

WKR
Absolutely hilarious and par for the course in Colorado these days. Also hilarious when a mountain lion was just spotted on the 20th a few blocks from Pearl St. mall in Boulder. I'm sure D. Wolfes super public mountain lion hunt really helped the cause here in Colorado. Unfortunately I think my home state is just gone.

I live kinda inbetween Boulder and Ft. Collins, and probably once a week while my fiance is on NextDoor there are reports of lions in subdivisions, parking lots, etc. Further and further east too. I take them with a grain of salt considering how many people that hunt can't even identify what their trail cam is photographing, but I figure at least some of them are legit.

Hunting is under a full blown assault here in Colorado between this ballot initiative and the Gov’s appointments to the CPW commission. Hunters need to get organized fast and kick off some serious fundraising and outreach efforts. To all those that said it would never happen, just more alarmist conspiracy theories, well you are in denial and dead wrong. I urge everyone to get engaged.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Theres a good play open if they want to get Trump haters on board. I hope they don't figure it out because then it will be a 15 point win if they do.
Does it have to do with grabbing P@ssy? ;) Low hanging fruit joke…or does it have to do with Don Jr. Lion hunting or something

Last edited:

mb6355

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting is under a full blown assault here in Colorado between this ballot initiative and the Gov’s appointments to the CPW commission. Hunters need to get organized fast and kick off some serious fundraising and outreach efforts. To all those that said it would never happen, just more alarmist conspiracy theories, well you are in denial and dead wrong. I urge everyone to get engaged.
This is the way and also figure out who is the funding source behind these initiatives and boycott/protest them by whatever legal means there is. Really, the gloves need to come off and use the same methods they use. Sportsmen need to get an organization going that is supper aggressive in combating this by using lawsuits, lobbying, and any other methods that can harm these people both politically and financially.

Bearsears

WKR
Whats honestly become most frustrating to me is the amount of hunting companies, influencers, and personalities that are sucking off the teat of hunting and making millions of dollars. They are nowhere to be found in these fights. No influence, no organizing, no money.

2% for conservation is great for habitat but means jack for the ability of future generations to get to hunt.

Its poor stewardship and zero leadership from those that claim to lead our passion.

Take my money but don't stand up for me. Awesome.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Whats honestly become most frustrating to me is the amount of hunting companies, influencers, and personalities that are sucking off the teat of hunting and making millions of dollars. They are nowhere to be found in these fights. No influence, no organizing, no money.

2% for conservation is great for habitat but means jack for the ability of future generations to get to hunt.

Its poor stewardship and zero leadership from those that claim to lead our passion.

Take my money but don't stand up for me. Awesome.
I asked von Benedict to talk about wolves on his podcast. Here’s his response. IMG_9233.jpegIMG_9234.jpeg

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
I asked von Benedict to talk about wolves on his podcast. Here’s his response. View attachment 606087View attachment 606088
I keep saying it; none of these guys will give a f until the elimination of deer and elk hunting goes on the ballot. When it does watch and see all these fools and their "call to arms" pasted on every platform available.

Arthas

FNG
Ever seen a ballot inniative to maintain the right to hunt or repeal a previous anti hunting measure?

Of course not. Sit on our thumbs and this what happens.

This is one way to look at it. A more logic way to look at it would be not endorse the politicians that are openly hostile towards hunters, gun owners, and generally deplorable people as it has been put. There are certain influencers out there that endorsed the very politicians that are enacting or enabling these policies under the false precept that democrats such as Joe Biden are "good for public land hunters". Frequently, those influencers even have direct contact with high level admission officials to secure their endorsements.

Unfortunately, what being good for public land turns out to entail is a steady flow of tax payer cash into public agencies, public unions like AFL CIO, and conservation lobbyists like Theorodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. Every one of those organization has outright or tactily endorsed the same democratic politicians that are enacting these anti sportsman policies. The reason for that is simple. All these groups and the hunting influencers promoting them have a financial interest in the publicly funded grants these politicians steal from tax payers in the false promise of conservation. It is a fallacy that simply putting more money in conservation lobbyist hand and public agency hands is good for sportmans.

Unfortunately the model I described is far more beneficial for public agencies, public employees, public unions, hunting influencers looking for podcast content, conservation lobbyists, and NOT the average sportsman left paying for it. The result is predictable. Hunting bans. Gun bans. Restrictions on hunters access to public lands.

What's worse is the public funding these conservation lobbyist and public interest groups say is helping sportsman is actually having 40% skimmed right off the top via the Justice40 initiative and sent back into city blue districts that are hugely anti hunting and the ones pushing the anti hunting and anti gun policy.

But the connection between Justice40 and bad outcomes for hunters and conservation is probably a different conversation since I bet most hunters aren't even aware of what it is.

Last edited:

Arthas

FNG
This is one way to look at it. A more logic way to look at it would be not endorse the politicians that are openly hostile towards hunters, gun owners, and generally deplorable people as it has been put. There are certain influencers out there that endorsed the very politicians that are enacting or enabling these policies under the false precept that democrats such as Joe Biden are "good for public land hunters". Frequently, those influencers even have direct contact with high level admission officials to secure their endorsements.

Unfortunately, what being good for public land turns out to entail is a steady flow of tax payer cash into public agencies, public unions like AFL CIO, and conservation lobbyists like Theorodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. Every one of those organization has outright or tactily endorsed the same democratic politicians that are enacting these anti sportsman policies. The reason for that is simple. All these groups and the hunting influencers promoting them have a financial interest in the publicly funded grants these politicians steal from tax payers in the false promise of conservation. It is a fallacy that simply putting more money in conservation lobbyist hand and public agency hands is good for sportmans.

Unfortunately the model I described is far more beneficial for public agencies, public employees, public unions, hunting influencers looking for podcast content, conservation lobbyists, and NOT the average sportsman left paying for it. The result is predictable. Hunting bans. Gun bans. Restrictions on hunters access to public lands.

What's worse is the public funding these conservation lobbyist and public interest groups say is helping sportsman is actually having 40% skimmed right off the top via the Justice40 initiative and sent back into city blue districts that are hugely anti hunting and the ones pushing the anti hunting and anti gun policy.

But the connection between Justice40 and bad outcomes for hunters and conservation is probably a different conversation since I bet most hunters aren't even aware of what it is.
I feel the need to clarify something about my post after talking with a friend of mine who saw it. I am not saying public agencies or public interest group do not deserve funding. I am saying there is simply belief amongst many of these organizations and their supporters that more funding means better outcomes. That is not correct. Agencies and public interest groups need adequate funding but more importantly they need to be following leadership goals that align with sportsman. As we are seeing consistently now, many of these groups have foregone the mission to sportsman in favor of the self preservation via public funding route regardless if that means shipping sportsman down the river. We have seen time and again now with things like failure to take stands when it counted on wolves and gun ownership. Failure to take stands and speak out when ballot initiatives like banning predator hunting are put forward. Failure to speak out when the very foundation of conservation is threatened in favor of boosting their own esg scores in pursuit of corporate donation and government grant.

Wrench

WKR
Just banning hounds and bait in Washington did in our deer herds. I used to require a cow catcher to drive around my place because hitting deer was gonna happen.

I haven't seen a whitetail in 2 years now. I haven't seen 10 in 5 years.

Saw this on bowsite. If this is true. Maybe we need to get a bunch of signatures and do this

Attachments

• IMG_3426.jpeg
    IMG_3426.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 94