Denver & Boulder voters to ban hunting of cats in 2024

The folks pushing this initiative don’t care about the ecosystem. They know that they hate hunting and that is all. If they actually cared about the ecosystem, they would ask a simple question “ Does regulated hunting negatively affect the long term viability of the mountain lion population?” However, the answer is unequivocally NO from the wildlife biologists at CPW. The recent anti-hunting movement has never been about science or the ecosystem.

Yoder

WKR
These things should not be left to voters. How cute an animal is shouldn't dictate whether or not you can hunt it. NJ found out about this with black bears. Somebody needs to start live trapping and releasing them in Boulder and Denver. That would be amazing!

These things should not be left to voters. How cute an animal is shouldn't dictate whether or not you can hunt it. NJ found out about this with black bears. Somebody needs to start live trapping and releasing them in Boulder and Denver. That would be amazing!
Not just black bears!

Beendare

WKR
But is managing for maximum big game hunting opportunity really what's best for the ecosystem as a whole?

Or just what's best for those of us who hunt?
Your comment is an outright distortion of the truth....right out of the anti hunters playbook.

The F&G manages for the betterment of the ecosystem as a whole. Be realistic, how are they going to do it with one hand tied behind their back?

What is easier to control, humans and hunting tags to manage species- or unmanaged wolves and bears?

Cmon. We have the Yellowstone ecosystem to learn from....

You want a large portion of wildlife $$ to go to lawsuits and one unmanaged species? Thats what's happening in the areas where these large predators run roughshod.

Your comment is an outright distortion of the truth....right out of the anti hunters playbook.

The F&G manages for the betterment of the ecosystem as a whole. Be realistic, how are they going to do it with one hand tied behind their back?

What is easier to control, humans and hunting tags to manage species- or unmanaged wolves and bears?

Cmon. We have the Yellowstone ecosystem to learn from....

You want a large portion of wildlife $$ to go to lawsuits and one unmanaged species? Thats what's happening in the areas where these large predators run roughshod.
Then why do so many hunters preach that more tags = better, so hunt predators hard?

Also, if wolves and grizzlies are so bad for big game hunting, why would anyone want to hunt Alaska?

svivian

WKR
Then why do so many hunters preach that more tags = better, so hunt predators hard?

Also, if wolves and grizzlies are so bad for big game hunting, why would anyone want to hunt Alaska?
Show me where anyone has said that? Specifically a lion hunter

tony

WKR
GF lives in Athens Ohio, the Berkeley, California, Washington, Oregon and NY all rolled up in 25,000 people. 15,000 are college students/employees. It is palpable the liberal/democrat tension when I’m running around town.
Look the place up. It is the blue spec in the red south east corner of Ohio.
Anyway, bobcats are making a pretty big comeback in this area. Ohio DNR wanted to do a study on trapping and limited hunting.
These fools lost their damn minds over just looking at the possibility.
Seriously, these people run on feelings no logic or common sense, or even listening to professionals versed on the subject. Unless it’s something they want to hear. So obviously the idea was gone in a second. Athens cancelled the whole idea for the state. So when you hear, ”true” hunters and outdoors people need to vote and make their voices heard, it’s no shit situation. A lot of people that run around looking homeless most the time changed the tide here.

IdahoElk

WKR
I’ll advocate for a healthy balance with predators and prey that are both managed sustainably. Partner that with a healthy ecosystem and you got a deal.
Never ever trust the people pushing this claiming the goal is a balanced ecosystem.
The Wolf fiasco in Idaho started with an agreement for a certain amount of breeding pairs, once that goal was reached they were to be managed, we are so far past the original agreement at this point and they're still not happy.

Gutshotem

WKR
We need to go full retard on this, you know the peta billboards that say where do you draw the line? We need some thing similar with fawn and calf’s ripped apart by a lion, we need them on I-25 and I-70, in town. Some short slogan, most people appeal to emotion: hence the picture of baby bobcats in the original article we need the same
One side has been using this approach to successfully advance their agenda for years. The other has been "taking the high road" or having conversations to try and "educate". I think its pretty obvious what direction things are going.

jmez

WKR
I'm guessing those would get taken down, if they were even allowed in the first place.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
I'm guessing those would get taken down, if they were even allowed in the first place.

Possibly, but need to be using a better play book, like stated above our high road BS gets us nowhere

jmez

WKR
Lion attacks are pretty rare. Even in non remote areas with high density populations of both lions and people.

jmez

WKR
Possibly, but need to be using a better play book, like stated above our high road BS gets us nowhere
Agree but now that censorship is becoming the norm, good luck. You may be labeled as a spreader of misinformation and be jailed.

We need to go full retard on this, you know the peta billboards that say where do you draw the line? We need some thing similar with fawn and calf’s ripped apart by a lion, we need them on I-25 and I-70, in town. Some short slogan, most people appeal to emotion: hence the picture of baby bobcats in the original article we need the same
Yep. I agree

There is a local kid that was attacked by lion in my neighborhood few years ago. He now is missing his eye. Forever defaced by a lion.

I wonder if his parents would be ok with us putting a pic of his eye on a billboard showing what lions can do. The night he was attacked the CPW came in with a houndsmen and killed 3 lions. That next night less than a mile away a lady had pics of lion in her yard Too many lions already and we are allowed to hunt them. But we don’t even put a dent in the population