Montana Rifle Co. Good vs. Bad ?

Dammlm

FNG
I am lookin at Montana Rifle Co. What are people's experiences with this company? I have talked to someone with a nightmare story but magazines give several good articles. The bad experience sounds like most of it is pointed towards bad customer service. Any information on this would be great. You can PM also. Thanks everyone!

Wyatt G

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one a couple years ago in 300 win, i only had one problem with it which was the trigger. It was heavy and had some creep, a lot of people like the trigger so i may have gotten a bad one. All the bad things ive heard about them has been older so i think they may have fixed their problems. I will say if you dont want it to be heavy put a lighter scope on it, i put a vortex viper hs lr on mine and its a bit heavier than i like but it balances really well.

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
I have a X2 300 Win Mag that should arrive any day, so I will let you know.

I will say that the customer service as I was trying to get details about their rifles was tough...usually had to talk to a few people. I finally found one that I've been able to communicate with via email that is helpful.

There are not a lot of options out there for us lefties looking for control feed actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drifli

Banned
I have a 308, weighs just over 8lbs with a Leupold 4.5x14-50. Great gun,zero issues.

Reminds me a lot of my old pre64 model 70's.

stevevan

WKR
I don't have a full Montana Rifle, however I have a custom stock on their barreled action in .338 Win Mag. No problems, accurate, good workmanship. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their complete rifles.

I went right to the factory up near Kalispell and they let me poke around and showed me several firearms that they built. I thought they all were outstanding in fit and finish and made here in Montana USA! I believe that the X2 in 6mm Remington will be my next rifle I purchase. They don't list the 6mm Remington in their catalog as a chambering, but for about $100.00 more they will chamber one for me. I think that is pretty darn good service and shows they want to make folks happy and keep them coming back. So for you guys out there who don't see the cartridge you were looking for in their list, this is also something to think about.

I will note that they randomly presented me with 3 different rifles for me to look at when I had my visit. When I handled and dry fired the rifles I could not tell which rifle I was holding by the trigger pull alone as they were each so close to the others at 3 pounds and crisp and sharp. That facts alone tells me they take great pride in their products.

David

Netherman

WKR
I haven't had the best experience. I posted about it just before reading this. The short version is that I had a similar customer service experience as your friend.

I would guess that if you are right-handed and are choosing a popular caliber you won't have an issue. I think left handed and less popular cartridges end up with all the delays as they are a lower volume for them. It's 9 months and counting for me. I'm pretty close to pulling the plug and looking for somewhere else to spend my money.

Good luck with whatever you choose. For what it's worth all the reviews I read were very positive as well, though I may never have first hand experience or I may cancel my order.

Nick