Men’s Mental Health Challenge

CorbLand

WKR
It's hard to make friends as a couple that align with your values and share the same interests. My wife and I are in the same boat. We had/have a couple that we have been friends with for quite a while. Our kids grew up together, but somewhere along the line our mutual interests moved on.
It is very hard. My wife and I not having a child (yet) isnt helping. Most people our age around here have kids already.

We invited a couple over for dinner last Sunday. We have a fair amount in common. Her husband is a buck/duck hunter and I am a duck/buck hunter. She likes horses. My wife likes horses. Planned it all out about 2 weeks in advance. They confirmed that it would work for them. Texted them about a week before to finalize details. Never got a response. Never showed up.

IDVortex

WKR
It is very hard. My wife and I not having a child (yet) isnt helping. Most people our age around here have kids already.

We invited a couple over for dinner last Sunday. We have a fair amount in common. Her husband is a buck/duck hunter and I am a duck/buck hunter. She likes horses. My wife likes horses. Planned it all out about 2 weeks in advance. They confirmed that it would work for them. Texted them about a week before to finalize details. Never got a response. Never showed up.
Sadly. I feel, the older I get the harder it is to make friends. My wife and I have no couples to hangout with, she has a few friends and so do I. At least we have my dog. 😂

Man, some people just make you scratch your head. Not even a courtesy text.

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Great topic and thanks for posting. For me it's my son. Went through a tough divorce that I didn't see coming. Found out through the process that my now ex had been having affairs throughout our 20+ yr marriage. I was of the mindset that if I worked my butt off and provided for my family everything would be okay. Assumed my ex was taking care of everything else. When it all unraveled I found out how wrong I was. Spiraled after moving out and things got pretty dark. Darkness led me to get fired from a job that I was really good at and made good money but just couldn't do it anymore. Definitely considered ending it all multiple times as I sat alone in my tiny apartment with no job. Fortunately every time it got real bad I'd think of what it would do to my son (around 10 yrs at the time) and couldn't do it.

Since then I met and married a wonderful women who stood beside me and sometimes carried me through the dark stuff. Found a new job that I enjoy and we have built a great life together. Have learned what a real partner in marriage is and realize how much I missed out on being married to the wrong person for 20+ years.

I know it's cliche but it does get better. Fortunately for me I found something to hold on to until it did.