Meateater Booze???

JWP58

WKR
This thread has me wondering why so many guys are afraid of being called a "fanboy." LOL

Like homophobes or something, afraid they'll catch the ghey.

I once told my wife that if she left me for Rinella I doubt I'd ask why. LOL Thankfully she said "he's not my type" which I suppose is why she's stuck with me. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe some folks dont feel the need to worship another man blindly?

I’ll fee I should try and clarify myself here. I’m not mad, angry, upset or hating on the guy. And all the more power to him for living the American dream, I’ve got nothing against that either. He has a great message, is a great spokesman for the sport, and certainly does well promoting the new clean cut professional image that a large group of hunters including myself are taking on.

My point is that I really enjoyed his early shows and podcasts pre-corporation. Since that time he is now understandably obliged to spend more time promoting sponsors and his brand and I feel that has came at the expense of his content and message. For me his shows and especially his podcasts have become “just another hunting show” albeit packaged more professionally and with advertising that is a little less direct. They are certainly lacking some of the great content his early podcast had. Because of this, I have lost interest and I suspect that the great message he was promoting is now less effective to other existing and new hunters for the same reasons. But at the same time I understand why he is doing it and I wish him well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I only worship one man - Jesus Christ.

There's nothing wrong with admiring someone who has accomplished a lot, serves as a positive role model, and represents hunters well to the non-hunting public. To those who take offense at that, I say jealousy is a b*tch huh?

I suppose some folks are their own hero though, and if that's the case then keep up the good work. ;)

Trial153

WKR
Wnats more American then some whiskey after a good days hunt? Seems to fit the theme well of hunting, food and camaraderie. I cant think of a reason even dispite individual differences that would prevent me from sharing food and drinks with another hunter and our family and friends.
Seems like a good enough reason to brand and sell some hopefully good whiskey to me.

That's the point. Haven't seen a single person here who meets that definition. So it's a dick move to call someone a fanboy if that is what you mean (not saying you specifically did this, because I don't plan to re-read the whole thead). Too many people leap to shouting "fanboy" about so many things they disagree with. It's a rude and childish thing folks are doing nowadays. Hope we can put an end to it through humiliating those who jump to conclusions about another man's beliefs after a couple posts on an internet forum.

JWP58

WKR
The irony is almost off the charts when someone complains about people being "rude" and "childishness", while in the same post expresses hope towards humiliating people.

Very rich.

The irony is almost off the charts when someone complains about people being "rude" and "childishness", while in the same post expresses hope towards humiliating people.

Very rich.

It's interesting that you consider it ironic. The reason for humiliating people is because they are being assholes. Is that clear enough? It's not childish to vanquish dipshittery. It's the right thing to do, not ironic. It's sad that you could have missed such a clear message. It's no wonder you are on the wrong side of this issue.

JWP58

WKR
It's interesting that you consider it ironic. The reason for humiliating people is because they are being assholes. Is that clear enough? It's not childish to vanquish dipshittery. It's the right thing to do, not ironic. It's sad that you could have missed such a clear message. It's no wonder you are on the wrong side of this issue.

So being rude is a no-go, but humiliation is ok? And humiliating someone over their questioning a sycophantic support of a hunting celeb isnt childish?

Copy that....

Basil Hayden’s is good stuff.
I know this isn’t bourbon but have you tried the “High West” company? All their stuff is blended whiskeys and is damn good for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve not, but I’ll give it a try if I come across it in CO.

robie

WKR
Booze is personal. I don't like hot whiskey that has been in the barrel for 6 years but some people do.

$75/bottle puts it in a higher class of booze that I am skeptical that it can live up to. If anyone on here tries it let me know what it compares to. I would have expected something closer to buffalo trace pricing $30-$40.

LINK TO BUY MEATEATER WHISKEY

16Bore

WKR
Just saw the release. Man I gotta grab a couple bottles, my first Lite flat brim and my Carolina custom....I mean Savage....er, I mean weatherby and go hang with my bro’s and look through my ‘noc’s.....

Or just chill with some $12 Evan Williams and grocery store cola.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...wonder which looks better in a selfie?

Whisky

WKR
Anybody have Willie's Distillery Bighorn Bourbon, out of Ennis MT?
My guess is it's pretty comparable to the Meateater labeled bourbon. :)

Just saw the release. Man I gotta grab a couple bottles, my first Lite flat brim and my Carolina custom....I mean Savage....er, I mean weatherby and go hang with my bro’s and look through my ‘noc’s.....

Or just chill with some $12 Evan Williams and grocery store cola.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...wonder which looks better in a selfie?
Whisky ain't meant to be mixed. No chance I'm dropping $75 on a bottle of MeatEater though.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Booze is personal. I don't like hot whiskey that has been in the barrel for 6 years but some people do.

$75/bottle puts it in a higher class of booze that I am skeptical that it can live up to. If anyone on here tries it let me know what it compares to. I would have expected something closer to buffalo trace pricing $30-$40.

LINK TO BUY MEATEATER WHISKEY

Are you doubting the strength of the meateater band?? Tsk tsk tsk....