Meateater Booze???

DamnRinella

Lil-Rokslider
While I have never seen a Meat eater episode or listened to his podcast and wish him nothing but success I do believe the goal of most businesses is to make money and turn a profit for the shareholders,period.
IMO People that think all these hunting personalities whether on tv,youtube or podcasts do it to better the sport as their primary goal are not living in reality,remove the ability to profit from their target market(us hunters) and a majority of these people would disappear.

You should start as your are missing out! It’s on Netflix

DamnRinella

Lil-Rokslider
If it wasn’t for Steve I would never have gotten into hunting. I wouldn’t have freezer full of venison. I wouldn’t have been able to give my friends and family venison and I wouldn’t have been able to intelligently discuss the value of hunting and public lands, converting a number of non-hunters. I wouldn’t be buying products that support the hunting industry and the department of fish and wildlife. I wouldn’t be donating my money to organizations that fight for our public lands even though I have only hunted in Texas.

I am far from the only one who got into hunting because of Steve. I have learned more about hunting, wildlife, conservation, etc from Steve and the MeatEater crew than from anywhere else and I can absolutely say his efforts have changed my life for the better. They might not be perfect but I don’t expect people to be perfect and I really couldn’t care less about the fact that they are selling booze now because I don’t drink and I don’t care about people making money through their hard work.
Same Das boat as you!

Not that my opinion matters but I dont care what he does. He has no affect on me and I have no affect on him. Some of the responses are pretty comical. I think there's a couple guys with a serious man crush. To say he's done more than anyone for hunting and conservation is either a joke or from a fanboy. What about teddy roosevelt anyone hear of this guy? In all seriousness, it's me and you, Right? The hunters, and the money we spend. I ran this by my wife. (Someone else mentioned their wife) I asked her, a hunting tv host, steve rinella from meat eater, is pushing a meateater alcohol on his show, what your take? She says, you guys drink when you hunt? Isn't that illegal? Everyone perceives things differently, period. I refuse to empty my pocket and fill his but you go ahead and pay for his hunts I'll pay for mine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I like Steven a lot, and think he’s a great ambassador for the hunting community. Meat Eater has been his company/brand, so he’s free to run it in any direction he sees fit.

They aren’t going to start their own distillery, so as some have said, it will just be some other whiskey rebranded. Likely something from Jim Beam as the better distilleries cannot keep up with current demands right now.

However, with things like Chernin group acquiring them and then buying up First Lite, this has all the signs of following the “corporate extraction” model. Start branding a bunch of gimmicky products, then downgrade the quality of your premium gear to hit a certain price point and push it through Wal-Mart.

It’s not about building a successful company in the long run, it’s about making as much as you can until it runs into the ground. Then you buy another brand and repeat.

Reactions: 307
Not that my opinion matters but I dont care what he does. He has no affect on me and I have no affect on him. Some of the responses are pretty comical. I think there's a couple guys with a serious man crush. To say he's done more than anyone for hunting and conservation is either a joke or from a fanboy. What about teddy roosevelt anyone hear of this guy? In all seriousness, it's me and you, Right? The hunters, and the money we spend. I ran this by my wife. (Someone else mentioned their wife) I asked her, a hunting tv host, steve rinella from meat eater, is pushing a meateater alcohol on his show, what your take? She says, you guys drink when you hunt? Isn't that illegal? Everyone perceives things differently, period. I refuse to empty my pocket and fill his but you go ahead and pay for his hunts I'll pay for mine.

Well, you made two references to me, and then chose to misquote me to support your own argument. LOL It's okay to have a man crush on yourself tho. ;)

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Forum- a place, a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
Didn't find the part about having to agree...
Also, if one disagrees is that hate?...

R

I don't mean to single anybody out, or misquote anyones reply. I liked the idea of asking the wife for a nonhunters point of view, but I should have known better, she works at a law firm. Say booze and hunting and she sees guys running around the woods drunk, we are from Wisconsin. Nothing against steve and not a hater. I've listened to his podcasts and I think meateater is going to be on the sportsmans channel starting this week or next, and i will probably watch some episodes. I'll admit, the guys more bas ass than I am. period (I'm stealing this, newtosavage)

Oregon

WKR
Good for him! Pure business genius. If he markets anything and people buy. Merica!

I’ll stick with tried and true Irish whisky. Jameson
Or a good Canadian blend Crown. Maybe Pendleton.

Haters gonna hate. Honestly, what does it matter if the lovers gonna love????

jlh42581

WKR
Also, if one disagrees is that hate?...

R

Only if youre a high school girl. Who the hell uses the term haters, theres a major difference between legit hating someone enough to go out of your way to bash on them vs have a discussion. That doesnt seem to click in forum minds.

DamnRinella

Lil-Rokslider
I like Steven a lot, and think he’s a great ambassador for the hunting community. Meat Eater has been his company/brand, so he’s free to run it in any direction he sees fit.

They aren’t going to start their own distillery, so as some have said, it will just be some other whiskey rebranded. Likely something from Jim Beam as the better distilleries cannot keep up with current demands right now.

However, with things like Chernin group acquiring them and then buying up First Lite, this has all the signs of following the “corporate extraction” model. Start branding a bunch of gimmicky products, then downgrade the quality of your premium gear to hit a certain price point and push it through Wal-Mart.

It’s not about building a successful company in the long run, it’s about making as much as you can until it runs into the ground. Then you buy another brand and repeat.

Potentially so. Hope he keeps the brand legit.

My friends and I always play “guess the price” when we get a new email from yeti. Most recent was 300 dollar dog beds but I guess someone is buying them. So good for them but i will definitely make fun of the person buying it! But as for yeti, if they can sell it good for them. Same goes for meateater

100% rooting for Steve Rinella.

Good for him, taking something he bled and sweat for, for years and years with almost no money, and turning it into a successful business, employing bunches of people and pulling thousands into the hunting community. He deserves everything he has earned.

Good for you, Steve!

DamnRinella

Lil-Rokslider

100% rooting for Steve Rinella.

Good for him, taking something he bled and sweat for, for years and years with almost no money, and turning it into a successful business, employing bunches of people and pulling thousands into the hunting community. He deserves everything he has earned.

Good for you, Steve!
Agreed!

In this thread: Hunters mad at another hunter for making Whiskey. Am I in the ******* twilight zone?

After everything Rinella has done for the culture, the public image, public lands, conservation and above all education, his own community still finds a way to get upset at the guy for making his own hooch.

But at the end of the day I would expect nothing less from the internet. Keep it up gents.

In this thread: Hunters mad at another hunter for making Whiskey. Am I in the ******* twilight zone?

After everything Rinella has done for the culture, the public image, public lands, conservation and above all education, his own community still finds a way to get upset at the guy for making his own hooch.

But at the end of the day I would expect nothing less from the internet. Keep it up gents.
Exactly

Wait... you guys don’t get out a bottle of whiskey when the meat coolers get closed after the last load? If they slap some cash back to conservation on the back label I’ll buy some. (For the second bottle, when we kill elk, we drink Balvenie)

Also, on the topic of Old Elk, the first barrels were bought from 4 roses. They were great pretty incredible The stuff out now is good but not spectacular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am as conservative as they come. I truly am. And, I have zero problems questioning the motives of people or organizations that say and do things that potentially can have a negative effect on hunting rights. No matter the intent, people perceive things differently. So, one's repeated actions are what defines their intent to me. With that said, I'm still lost how so many people' can be against a guy that has nothing but good intent. I'm no Rinella fanboy. I'm nobodies fanboy for that matter. But, he does GOOD. He desn;t send mixed messages. He doesn't APOLOGIZE for our way of life. He is a genuine guy. So why are so many upset by him.

Go to work tomorrow and tell your boss that you aren't going to push the companies best interest and come back and tell us how that worked for you. It is no different here. when people sponsor you, they expect you to earn their support. Is not like Rinella is selling cabela's gear. He made moves to buy the company that he has always wore clothes made by! That's the definition of commitment and the AMERICAN DREAM.

If he ever does something to harm hunting I will be the first to say so. And, Id expect the same from everyone here. but, many of these responses make no sense whatsoever.

This thread has me wondering why so many guys are afraid of being called a "fanboy." LOL

Like homophobes or something, afraid they'll catch the ghey.

I once told my wife that if she left me for Rinella I doubt I'd ask why. LOL Thankfully she said "he's not my type" which I suppose is why she's stuck with me. :ROFLMAO: