Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

WKR

WKR
I deleted all my other posts from this thread so the snow flakes can freely swing from the nuts of whom ever they want without interference from a skeptic.
If @Jaden Bales feels I've wronged him im more then willing to discuss it with him.

Good luck out there slayers.
Serious question as im just getting caught up on this thread and considering ordering one of those new rs1.2's...why the skepticism? Does maven have a bad reputation with reliability and tracking?

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Serious question as im just getting caught up on this thread and considering ordering one of those new rs1.2's...why the skepticism? Does maven have a bad reputation with reliability and tracking?
There's two kinds of scope vendors. The ones who have passed drop tests here, and the ones who haven't. We hope this scope moves Maven from one category to the other. We won't know until we know.

-J

There's two kinds of scope vendors. The ones who have passed drop tests here, and the ones who haven't. We hope this scope moves Maven from one category to the other. We won't know until we know.

-J

IMO, scopes being tested should be bought 'off the shelf'. If a company is sending one in, it could be a 'select grade' to buff the opinions of reviewers.

Happens all the time across various industries.

WKR

WKR
IMO, scopes being tested should be bought 'off the shelf'. If a company is sending one in, it could be a 'select grade' to buff the opinions of reviewers.

You speak the truth sir
Quite often the equipment sent out for sponsored demos are held to tighter tolerance

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

I’m not saying a company couldn’t make a one off super scope. But Maven asking LOW to make them ONE is a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not saying a company couldn’t make a one off super scope. But Maven asking LOW to make them ONE is a stretch.

NF had their Mil/Army/Navy spec series, @Formidilosus also noted that a particular scope may pass a test but that does not mean it applies to every model.

In an ideal world, it would be great to run 5 of the same scope on 5 different rifles to remove possible external variables arising from mounts/bases and the rifles themselves.

We will test any bought “off the shelf” scopes.

Just let me know I will send you my address.

Sure, if you are happy to test some Hawke scopes 😜

Might come off sounding critical in these posts, but I think it's excellent that such tests and their results are being shared on a public forum, so kudos to the team.

WKR

WKR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You've got a point there, but it could be a whole lot number thats held to a tighter standard than the others. I'm not saying thats what happens just that its possible.

I know of a gunsmith that gets barrels from a manufacturer that are held to tighter tolerance than the rest of the production lots. Now Do they shoot better? Who knows.

You've got a point there, but it could be a whole lot number thats held to a tighter standard than the others. I'm not saying thats what happens just that its possible.

I know of a gunsmith that gets barrels from a manufacturer that are held to tighter tolerance than the rest of the production lots. Now Do they shoot better? Who knows.

Specs can differ, I am always concerned when a company says 'We have upgraded to a Gen2, which is better in every regard!'

I read that as 'Our accountants cut corners on production and the marketing dept made these flaws into features'

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I can confirm on the mil reticle the center dot is the only thing that lights up.

Knobs aren't overly large. Mag ring feels smooth. Turret clicks feel crisp and positive.

Reticle is nice.

I'm really excited about dropping it.

It will be going on a pretty ok gas gun and get dropped as close as I can get to form's protocol. Not gonna happen this weekend as there is drinks and food in Nola calling my name but soon.

20231127_185007.jpg

Last edited:

WKR

WKR
I can confirm on the mil reticle the center dot is the only thing that lights up.

Knobs aren't overly large. Mag ring feels smooth. Turret clicks feel crisp and positive.

Reticle is nice.

I'm really excited about dropping it.

View attachment 633162
2.5 ounces less than the NX8...
$1k less
Decent reticle

It would be really great if this scope passes with flying colors

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
2.5 ounces less than the NX8...
$1k less
Decent reticle

It would be really great if this scope passes with flying colors

For the gram weenies. My scope list weights,

SWFA SS HD 3-9x42mm Mil-Quad - 20.35
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42mm Mil-R - 20.49 #1, 20.53 #2

Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Dual Illuminated Red/Green MRAD Precision Tree - 24.66
Maven RS1.2 - 2.5-15x44 FFP SHR-MIL - 26.45

Nightforce NX8 4-32x50mm Mil-C - 28.64 #1, 28.61 #2
SWFA SS HD 5-20x50mm Mil-Quad Reticle FFP Illuminated - 31.39

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Drop it off in central MS and I'll drop that bastard like it's hot...over and over.

Looking forward to hearing more on this scope.

I mean I'm not smart but I'm pretty sure Mississippi isn't between Central Texas and New Orleans. Yall just gonna have to wait on me to eat all the oysters and gumbo and drink all the drinks.

I mean I'm not smart but I'm pretty sure Mississippi isn't between Central Texas and New Orleans. Yall just gonna have to wait on me to eat all the oysters and gumbo and drink all the drinks.

I was hoping you were coming from east of me. Reckon I'll just have to wait...

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to add that mine arrived today as well. Buying experience and tracking of the shipment was easy and painless. This is he first scope I’ve ever paid more than $500 for and I’m feeling very fortunate to own it. I grew up using the blister pack Bushnell from Walmart or the scope included on savage rifle packages. I eventually upgraded the savage to a Zeiss conquest and thought that was really the cats meow. Thanks to Rokslide, and all the knowledge Form and others have provided, I no longer like the savage rifles and don’t trust any of those scopes so I’ve swapped to Tikkas with SWFA scopes.

This scope will be going on my Tikka CTR and replacing my SWFA 3-15. I’ll hopefully get around to shooting it next week as time allows. I’ll also try to replicate the drop test as long as I have the range to myself. If it passes my drop test I’ll be chasing late season elk with it next month.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Couldn’t sleep so decided to play with the scope a bit more. Here are some thoughts compared to my SWFA 3-15.
- Very pleased with the elevation turret, clicks are very well defined and turret feels robust.
- Love that the windage is capped.
- This is my first illuminated reticle and I love it. As others mentioned only the center dot is illuminated. There are 10 illumination settings and I really like that the illumination controls are 1-10 with an off position between each intensity level so you can easily switch illumination on or off at your desired setting.
- I really like the reticle, it reminds me of a simplified THLR. On 2.5x it’s just a duplex, or with level 10 illumination a nice Red-Dot. On 6x it’s equally usable to the SWFA MQ on the fixed 6 but I like this better thanks to labeled hash marks. I often have to count diamonds or hash marks when holding wind on the SWFA, which wastes time. No need to count on this reticle. On 10-15x it is very easy to see all sun tensions.
- The scope feels sleek and well made. I really hope it passes the drop test. If it does, I think it will be the new mid to long range hunting scope to beat in the $1000 range.

For those interested, here are some crappy iPhone photos of the reticle at various powers. The vertical numbers are each single digits, the repeated 22 and 44 are just typos on the reticle PDF. I wish I’d had this available from Maven prior to purchasing as the reticle was a big question mark for me when I ordered it…

Photo order:
- 2.5x without and with level 10 illumination
- 6x without and with level 5 illumination
- 10x without and with level 2 illumination
- 15x without and with level 1 illumination

Attachments

• IMG_7783.jpeg
    IMG_7783.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_7785.jpeg
    IMG_7785.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_7789.jpeg
    IMG_7789.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_7794.jpeg
    IMG_7794.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7791.jpeg
    IMG_7791.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_7795.jpeg
    IMG_7795.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_7792.jpeg
    IMG_7792.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_7797.jpeg
    IMG_7797.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 227

Dobermann

WKR
Couldn’t sleep so decided to play with the scope a bit more. Here are some thoughts compared to my SWFA 3-15.
- Very pleased with the elevation turret, clicks are very well defined and turret feels robust.
- Love that the windage is capped.
- This is my first illuminated reticle and I love it. As others mentioned only the center dot is illuminated. There are 10 illumination settings and I really like that the illumination controls are 1-10 with an off position between each intensity level so you can easily switch illumination on or off at your desired setting.
- I really like the reticle, it reminds me of a simplified THLR. On 2.5x it’s just a duplex, or with level 10 illumination a nice Red-Dot. On 6x it’s equally usable to the SWFA MQ on the fixed 6 but I like this better thanks to labeled hash marks. I often have to count diamonds or hash marks when holding wind on the SWFA, which wastes time. No need to count on this reticle. On 10-15x it is very easy to see all sun tensions.
- The scope feels sleek and well made. I really hope it passes the drop test. If it does, I think it will be the new mid to long range hunting scope to beat in the $1000 range.

For those interested, here are some crappy iPhone photos of the reticle at various powers. The vertical numbers are each single digits, the repeated 22 and 44 are just typos on the reticle PDF. I wish I’d had this available from Maven prior to purchasing as the reticle was a big question mark for me when I ordered it…

Photo order:
- 2.5x without and with level 10 illumination
- 6x without and with level 5 illumination
- 10x without and with level 2 illumination
- 15x without and with level 1 illumination
That's super-useful - thanks.

Interesting to see just how fine the main crosshairs look at at 2.5x. We've been spoiled by the Mil-Quad.

But good to get a sense of how thicker they appear at 6x. Will be interesting to see how useable the subtensions are in practice at 10x, for those of us who aren't planning on using it at 15x ...

Juan_ID

WKR
The real question that’s just as important as anything asked in this thread. IF it passes the drop evals does a guy order the black or black/gray? Which one will match the rokslide special better?? Decisions decisions… I have to laugh when I see “options” like that for something like a rifle scope. 🤷‍♂️
I too recall a conversation with a maven worker at an nrl shoot and while they did mention rokslide I had my reservations. It did look like a nice scope that had almost all the features one would want and not many one wouldn’t. Time will tell