Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Like I said earlier I called and asked if they were paying attention to the RS drop tests. The scope rep said that they were doing drop testing themselves and that it was doing well. I'm skeptical when a company says they hit a home run on their first try but maybe they did. Im probably going to call again and ask for a more detailed explanation of what merits a pass or fail. TBH I was just stoked that he knew what drop test meant.

Everyone should call maven and ask that their scopes be drop tested. Demanding zero retention from a scope is not a tall ask and should be the standard. When brands adopt the idea of making products that actually work the more others will strive to do the same. Competitive environments will cause a sink or swim mentality.

I like maven just cause I'm from Wyo and I'd like to see a Wyo born company win. Don't even own any of their products just cause other stuff suits my needs better.
This was my hope with creating this post. Rally the troops to push Maven to change. I think we've got their attention and if they actually did build a durable scope based off of a feature set that we've been asking for I think we should show up in force and support them. I've never owned a single piece of anything from Maven but will gladly buy multiple of these scopes if they're durable.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
This was my hope with creating this post. Rally the troops to push Maven to change. I think we've got their attention and if they actually did build a durable scope based off of a feature set that we've been asking for I think we should show up in force and support them. I've never owned a single piece of anything from Maven but will gladly buy multiple of these scopes if they're durable.
If they indeed have improved because of customer feedback, I’m all for supporting that and will be ordering to show that support. I really like the looks of everything about that scope.

Following closely.

amassi

WKR
The bundle is on sale for less than the scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt the scope is bad but really wish Maven could have timed their purchase release with a Form posted drop test…

If I had the extra cash around I would buy one but I’m going to have to wait and see how these hold up first.

Split toe

WKR
I doubt the scope is bad but really wish Maven could have timed their purchase release with a Form posted drop test…

If I had the extra cash around I would buy one but I’m going to have to wait and see how these hold up first.
I agree, I am not making the purchase until I can see an independent drop test from @Formidilosus.

Clarktar

WKR
Send me a maven 15% off code and I'll buy one!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Looked at buying one just now but like others I’m going to hold off for a bit until more info/reviews are available. Interestingly they appear to be in stock on Amazon and almost $200 cheaper, which doesn’t make sense to me.

I’d love to see this scope do well and join the list of reliable recommendations. That said, I’m struggling a bit to see what this scope offers over the SWFA 3-15 aside from a (possibly) better reticle with illumination, zero stop elevation and a capped windage turret. I’m a big fan of the SWFA 3-15 I currently have but would love to know what makes this new Maven $600 better?

On that note, has anyone clarified what portions of the reticle are illuminated?

sndmn11

WKR
I would just expect him to say its great.

He says all the other Maven stuff is great.
And we know its not.

I don't think your assumptions warrant questioning his integrity. Sharing experiences about products takes a significant amount of extra time and effort to do half way decently. In this case, there's a lot of money spent to vet as well. You could surely buy one and find out first hand.

There's a healthy bunch of companies in this industry that welcome stand up folks getting their hands on their products for genuine feedback. @Dioni A and others shared their experiences with the K4 in the same manner, and I'd bet many appreciated it greatly.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
The bundle is on sale for less than the scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just said I was going to hold off but this bundle was too good of a deal to pass up, thanks for sharing. I know I’ll need a scope in the next few months for a Tikka I hope to put in the RokStock, so I figured why not give the Maven a chance with this new and improved model before word gets out and they all sell out. So far it’s the only reticle I’ve seen that is as simple and useful as the milquad, at least on paper. Hoping the illumination is just the center dot and if so, then it may just be the new scope to beat.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I don't think your assumptions warrant questioning his integrity. Sharing experiences about products takes a significant amount of extra time and effort to do half way decently. In this case, there's a lot of money spent to vet as well. You could surely buy one and find out first hand.

There's a healthy bunch of companies in this industry that welcome stand up folks getting their hands on their products for genuine feedback. @Dioni A and others shared their experiences with the K4 in the same manner, and I'd bet many appreciated it greatly.
That's a tough line to walk and honestly why I've turned down most the sponsor offers I've gotten. Fortunately I had 3 years to criticize that pack to Steve and he addressed every complaint I had. I was also very careful not to claim it's better than anything other than the previous generation. I haven't used anything else for a long time and it wouldn't be fair to say. He's not wrong to question the words of someone getting something for free though. And that is in now way a reflection on Jaden who I personally know to be a great guy.