Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

prm

WKR
If someone is sponsored I do not pay attention to their comments. I don’t believe I have ever heard a sponsored hunter make a critical comment or comparison of the product. They may be great guys, but the only thing you’ll likely hear is positive. Or silence. That’s simply not useful to me.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
How many would be ok with you sharing that criticism publicly?

How many more free scopes and podcast money do you think they would offer if you were like yup, dropped it, it sucked, back to the drawing board.

No doubt some of them want to know, and want to improve. But they want it done privately.

Did this scope pass?

There's a reason why more than a few Maven scopes have evaluation threads, and it's probably no coincidence that there is a .2 version of the RS1 and RS3.

After seeing the above testing, do you believe Maven would try to keep their products out of my hands?

sndmn11

WKR
Keep it out of you hands one thing.

But do they pay you for podcast airtime?

I don't have a podcast, I don't know what the reference is to. I listened to a hockey one a few times in a friend's truck, I've never listened to a hunting or shooting in one. I did Tipsy Tuesday on here to talk about one of the Elite bows I reviewed, but I don't know how to listen to it. 🤷

I do know how to be honest and objective though, that's easy. Hopefully you can find value from those who stepped up to share what they will learn about this scope.

sndmn11

WKR
To clear the air a little.
I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Far as I know everyone is stand up.

I do owe you an apology. "Question someone's integrity" was implying something accusatory of you, and I know you better than that.

It's a good conversation point. I fall into the perspective of being skeptical, looking at what was presented, and then gaining trust in that person based on their body of work...or lack there of. Case in point, why I brought up the K4 thread and specifically @Dioni A . I've talked to him on the phone several times and he's a smart guy, he kills big things, and I've seen a demonstrated history of objectivity. I could care less if he paid for every prototype he tried, or if he banked six figures for his efforts. He, himself, is solid, honest, objective, and has integrity.

Rokslide is full of good feedback on products, I think it's easy for "us" to spot fluff PR pieces. Even more so when there's an outlined protocol for the believers. I also don't think that negative feedback black-lists anyone. Vortex is still a sponsor here, the market is far higher than "us" and Vortex is growing at a silly rate.

For the record, the RS3 I dropped in the linked video above failed, and it was sent to me specifically to stress. Same with the RS1.2 that is en route and I intend to do the same. I'm ok with one drawing whatever conclusions from that they wish.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Well when @Dioni A posted up how great the K4 is he did it with pics of big old slobber knockers strapped to it.

Thats hard to deny.

I didn't mean to imply it as a blanket statement.

Not all fluff pieces are easy to see thru. At least for my dense a**

I thought Prs peeps would be a good place for scope knowledge. Then I realized they don't give a 2nd thought to rezeroing daily. So they could honestly be telling you a 100 percent truth to them, cause they aren't even thinking about it.
This was the big eye opener to me a maybe 8 years ago. There's a vast discrepancy in the "expert" category in the hunting and shooting world. Many of the most famous people who get the most attention have very little knowledge or ability (in no way a judgment on character, some don't know better). Inversely some guy nobody's heard of whose never been given a thing could be an absolute prodigal genius.

My approach has always been to trust none of what I hear and maybe half of what I see. The things I think I can trust, I test if it's something that matters at all to me.

That said, I'm very excited to see the results of the people on here who've already ordered. Most of these guys I know.

I'll still drop mine when I get it....

Thank you both for the kind words. I try really hard to only share honest opinions. I have a lot of friends on here and it would be a personal failure if I mislead any of them.

sndmn11

WKR
Thank you both for the kind words. I try really hard to only share honest opinions. I have a lot of friends on here and it would be a personal failure if I mislead any of them.

Frankly, it's a disservice to the company too. If somebody tells Bob he made a good widget, but it sucks, he will keep making it and probably invest more into it. If someone tells Joe he is deficient AND can effectively communicate the how, maybe the why too, then Joe can fix it right away.

I'd like to think Maven is Joe, and we are fixing to find out.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Frankly, it's a disservice to the company too. If somebody tells Bob he made a good widget, but it sucks, he will keep making it and probably invest more into it. If someone tells Joe he is deficient AND can effectively communicate the how, maybe the why too, then Joe can fix it right away.

That's why I really like EXO and was happy to share in that thread. Steve gave me backpacks because I'm very critical/analytical of them and I'm honest with him about the things I don't like. He's got a solid group of testers who are mostly people you've never heard of. I think that's a big part of why exo is what it is. He welcomes critical advice with an open mind and tries to improve the product.

I believe Maven is doing the same here. When I called in and talked to Molly (I think?) at Maven they sounded very genuine in that effort.

Ucsdryder

WKR

I remember a certain company making a pack recently. Reviewer -“Your pack needs a lot of work”. Pack maker - “Really? We’ve had a bunch of testers and not a single person came back with any critical feedback.” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Dobermann

WKR
Anyone have theirs in hand yet?

Short of drop testing results, do we at least know which part of the reticle illuminates?

Sadler

WKR

Short of drop testing results, do we at least know which part of the reticle illuminates?
Got tired of waiting for that info myself and just called. I was told just the center dot. I really hope this thing passes the drop test.

FYI I asked specifically about the mil reticle. Not sure if it would be different on the moa version

amassi

WKR

Jaden bales has one, obviously he’s not invested since he was probably enjoying thanksgiving instead of answering the unwashed masses clamoring for information.
I ordered one yesterday
Supposed I’ll see it next week? If I get it by Friday I’ll mount it and test it next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
In what way is the other maven stuff not great?

My only hands on experience with Maven was a pair of C series binos. Which broke vibrating in a bino harness so that one of the lenses couldn’t focus. Granted, it’s their cheapest line, but it seemed like it would have a hard time holding up to a mildly windy day.

That being said, I love the design of this scope, and I sure hope it shows to be reliable and durable.

Believe 2 of them failed drop tests on here.
@sndmn11 did one that failed.

And I thought @Formidilosus tested one as well that failed.
Ahh you’re referring to the other maven scopes. Yes all that have been tested have failed the drop test to some degree. I thought you were referring to maven products as a whole and was curious what the problem was as I’ve been satisfied with both my binos and rangefinder from them.

Chad E

WKR
Believe 2 of them failed drop tests on here.
@sndmn11 did one that failed.

And I thought @Formidilosus tested one as well that failed.
Yeah it's not like they make binos and spotters and other Optics. ....or even riflescopes that work for a whole lot of folks. I remember Ryan Avery being really happy with a particular maven rifescope in the field then it failed the drop test. Ryan wasn't untruthful or misleading he just hadn't had a failure.

I love the idea of testing gear to failure so we can all make better decisions with our choices but some of you guys take it to far. I've shockingly had two different zeiss v4 scopes hold zero we on a 300 rum and 7 saum. Theyve held zero well enough across 5 western states to take multiple deer elk and antelope and I've yet to have to rezero them after or before a hunt. I have had great luck with them but their performance on the drop test has me looking to upgrade and I specifically mention that when asked by friends about my scope.

The drop test is great but the shade thrown at Jaden is unwarranted.

Hoping it passes the drop test. Used a bunch of different maven binos over the years. Have beat the hell out of some 8x30s that are going strong. The 15s and 18s are a great choice in that price range and the other premium binos compare well to similar priced ones, in my opinion. Not quite swaro EL image but pretty damn good on par with conquest, maybe even SLC to my eyes. Customer service is good as well have sent me various eyecups and stuff that I needed for free.

Good luck, maven hope the rs 1.2 is up to par!

Chad E

WKR
Cool story bro.

This thread is about a scope, not binos or spotters.
If you have had great success then why question your setup?

If you wanna swing on a content creator's nuts go ahead.

Maybe Jaden hasn't had a failure, maybe he hasn't tested, maybe he doesn't care
I'm out man you win. I appreciate the adult level of maturity on rokslide not this.