Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I've heard that it might be as much as one component added or changed from the original version that affected the durability. It sounds like this one component is the difference between the scope and every other scope in their line. Gives me a lot of hope if it's true. Based off the price point difference between this model and the other one it can't be much that's different. It's not like it's double the cost. I think it's $200 difference retail.

All we need is a parallax wheel/throw lever dealio to make that stiff c unt a little easier spinning and we're golden. Any leads?

sndmn11

WKR
What magically changed inside to make this model so much more rugged than all the previous versions for one.

That has been covered a few times; they say no differences between the RS1 and RS1.2. No RS1 has been (notoriously) evaluated yet, but I believe that is in the works.

It's a while since I read it all, but I was left with a general sense of there being different accounts of whether the internals were different or not ... possibly Form and/or Ryan saying they'd sorted some things out, and Maven saying it was all the same. But again, I haven't gone back to read all the relevant posts, along with whatever nuances or carefully chosen words might have been used.

Dobermann

WKR
@wind gypsy bet one of these would fit?
Maven isn't listed as a brand on thier site, so someone would need to contact them to see if they'll do it.

Personally, I'm hoping mine loosens up a bit.

Dobermann

WKR
I didn't know he wore denim shirts.

Somebody needs to quickly bring to market the Canadian stalking Shirtjac with pockets in the right spots to access while positional field shooting.
With a missing back panel for those of us who heat up quickly and want to show off our fishnets.

Dobermann

WKR
I'm a bit Marc-sist about those things - Marc Bolan, that is, so quick-relese for easy action would be the way ...