Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
This thread had me very intrigued, but I wanted to see how usable the reticle was at 2.5x for myself before I snagged one. Got to handle it today at the GAOS and decided I was a fan so I decided right there to jump on the bandwagon and order one. The MIL versions were OOS at the show but they are shipping it for free so I’ll take it. All around great folks to deal with, I’ve had great interactions with them when I ordered my binos a while back and the in-person interaction was just as positive.

I was initially planning on waiting for a 3-9 SWFA, but I think at this rate I would be shooting through scope rings for the next 5 years if I waited.

sndmn11

WKR
This thread had me very intrigued, but I wanted to see how usable the reticle was at 2.5x for myself before I snagged one. Got to handle it today at the GAOS and decided I was a fan so I decided right there to jump on the bandwagon and order one. The MIL versions were OOS at the show but they are shipping it for free so I’ll take it. All around great folks to deal with, I’ve had great interactions with them when I ordered my binos a while back and the in-person interaction was just as positive.

I was initially planning on waiting for a 3-9 SWFA, but I think at this rate I would be shooting through scope rings for the next 5 years if I waited.
Did you tell Mollie you are from Rokslide?

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Aaaaand ... after in stock / out of stock being timed with a couple of unexpected bills etc ... finally:

View attachment 665607

Whew! To be fair, I did also want to wait just a little longer for Form's most recent eval update.

Now I just need a Rokstok and new UM rings. ;)

One of the competing priority purchases is a Jeep. This one currently available, but then I'd look waaaay too much like @mxgsfmdpx :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 665608

Not to mention I'd be the only person in town in blaze orange Jeep ... @mxgsfmdpx - is yours orange just because (as we all know) you like orange, or is it so you can spot it from a distance when in some of those canyons? I'm veering towards the preference for green so it blends in at a trailhead (some thefts from and of hunters' trucks here), or grey so it just blends in in town.

I know this is way off topic for this thread, but am cashing in having tried to pull the thread back on course a few times, and guessing I'm not the only one here who's curious about your color choice!
Tikkas/SWFAs/Maven 1.2s/Rokstoks go with Toyotas not Jeeps. Lets be consistent, Jeeps are the Leupolds of the auto world.

Dobermann

WKR
Tikkas/SWFAs/Maven 1.2s/Rokstoks go with Toyotas not Jeeps. Lets be consistent, Jeeps are the Leupolds of the auto world.
Woah! Them's fighin' words right there!

I'd say it's more like Jeeps are to SWFA what Toyotas are to the new Maven - ugly, but they're robust. Sure, there's stuff you have to either live with (chunkiness, lack of parallax) or preventatively/proactively fix yourself (like adding header insulation or a zero stop shim) but that's the Jeep / Superchicken life.

No knock on Toyotas though - I grew up with them, and most of our overlanding time was spent pulling everyone else out of sand! :)

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU

I'd say it's more like Jeeps are to SWFA what Toyotas are to the new Maven - ugly, but they're robust. Sure, there's stuff you have to either live with (chunkiness, lack of parallax) or preventatively/proactively fix yourself (like adding header insulation or a zero stop shim) but that's the Jeep / Superchicken life.

No knock on Toyotas though - I grew up with them, and most of our overlanding time was spent pulling everyone else out of sand! :)
First vehicle was a CJ-5
Second was a TJ
I have some Jeep love, but neither are something you'd hop in and drive cross country w out a thought, and none of them are to be trusted for the long haul.
A bit heavy on vehicles atm (inherited a couple), and hard to sell a good Toyota.
2000 Land Cruiser = SWFA - old/chunky/bad on gas, but still has panache and I'd drive it anywhere
2000 Tundra 2wd = Nightforce 2nd focal plane, too nice to sell cheap, but I prefer FFP
2007 Tundra = Night Force ATCAR
2021 Highlander = Maven 1.2

slowelk

WKR
First vehicle was a CJ-5
Second was a TJ
I have some Jeep love, but neither are something you'd hop in and drive cross country w out a thought, and none of them are to be trusted for the long haul.
A bit heavy on vehicles atm (inherited a couple), and hard to sell a good Toyota.
2000 Land Cruiser = SWFA - old/chunky/bad on gas, but still has panache and I'd drive it anywhere
2000 Tundra 2wd = Nightforce 2nd focal plane, too nice to sell cheap, but I prefer FFP
2007 Tundra = Night Force ATCAR
2021 Highlander = Maven 1.2

The maven is highlander? Such a mom/old lady car.

Ucsdryder

WKR

Jeeps = leupold 🫣

ljalberta

WKR
My rs1.2 arrived today. Probably won’t strap it on gun for a few weeks, but that reticle is fantastic in person. Love it at a fixed 6 power. Would love to see a Maven fixed 6 with this and no illumination.

Also I’m generally not a fan of illuminated reticles, but this is done well. No bleed off the dot from me at the moment.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
My rs1.2 arrived today. Probably won’t strap it on gun for a few weeks, but that reticle is fantastic in person. Love it at a fixed 6 power. Would love to see a Maven fixed 6 with this and no illumination.

Also I’m generally not a fan of illuminated reticles, but this is done well. No bleed off the dot from me at the moment.

I've been using mine hard the last month. The vast majority of the time it's set on 6x...but I have used 4x a few times and 8x a fair bit at last light....but really, it lives on 6x. I'd like to see the same glass, reticle, build quality, dial, and setup in a 6x. I would be fine without illum and parallax adj (unless it's for a rimfire). It could be noticeably lighter and likely be fine with a shorter tube. Simple things are reliable, simple things last.

Finally was able to take the maven on a lil hunt. Shot two does in the thick shit and had no problem seeing the reticle at 2.5x. So far so good.

What part of the country and time of the day? If you don't mind me asking.

Southeastern pine/cedar thicket in the early morning is noticeably different to me than a hardwood covered ridge in the early afternoon for reticle visibility. :)

2 different places I hunt, both that I would call thick stuff, noticeably different lighting to me though.

I appreciate any anecdotes you can provide!

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
What part of the country and time of the day? If you don't mind me asking.

Southeastern pine/cedar thicket in the early morning is noticeably different to me than a hardwood covered ridge in the early afternoon for reticle visibility. :)

2 different places I hunt, both that I would call thick stuff, noticeably different lighting to me though.

I appreciate any anecdotes you can provide!
I’m in Hawaii so it will quite different than what you are describing. The first doe I shot was about an hour after first light so around 7:30 ish and the other was around 5:00. It’s basically lava rock covered by really tall grass, kiawe trees, and thin little trees that can get up to your chest in places. You basically have to hunt the game trails otherwise it would be a pain in the ass to get through. It definitely doesn’t block as much light as pine or cedar thickets. I’ll see if I can find a picture of.