Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
What part of the country and time of the day? If you don't mind me asking.

Southeastern pine/cedar thicket in the early morning is noticeably different to me than a hardwood covered ridge in the early afternoon for reticle visibility. :)

2 different places I hunt, both that I would call thick stuff, noticeably different lighting to me though.

I appreciate any anecdotes you can provide!
This is the only picture I could find. I was hunting below where the picture was taken past the exposed lava rock. It’s thick like this for a couple miles.

Attachments

• IMG_1609.jpeg
    IMG_1609.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 89
This is the only picture I could find. I was hunting below where the picture was taken past the exposed lava rock. It’s thick like this for a couple miles.

So not a lot of top cover making is shady?

Love the mountain in the background. My company has a test site somewhere around Hilo. I haven't had the opportunity to go yet. I have heard it is very beautiful there though.

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
So not a lot of top cover making is shady?

Love the mountain in the background. My company has a test site somewhere around Hilo. I haven't had the opportunity to go yet. I have heard it is very beautiful there though.
No not really. Definitely would be harder to see the reticle where you are at. Yah I’m on Maui but it’s definitely beautiful for sure. I want to take a trip to Big Island to hunt some sheep on Mauna Kea

No not really. Definitely would be harder to see the reticle where you are at. Yah I’m on Maui but it’s definitely beautiful for sure. I want to take a trip to Big Island to hunt some sheep on Mauna Kea
are you gonna be at the range this weekend? would be nice to see this reticle in person. finally reopened. if you see a guy with too many tikkas tomorrow thats me

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
are you gonna be at the range this weekend? would be nice to see this reticle in person. finally reopened. if you see a guy with too many tikkas tomorrow thats me
I was thinking about it. Does that mean that I won’t be the only one with a rokstok on Maui? Not sure if I am going to cause I got a lot of shit to do. I stay Kihei so if you ever wanna stop and check um out just send me a pm and we can figure something out.

[mention]Formidilosus [/mention] what rings/torque did you use on the eval? Didn’t see it in that thread so I might have missed it.

This scope seems to keep getting better. Downside is that my Nightforce equity drops with each evaluation thread update…

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have a 3rd RS1.2 with the SHR MIL reticle in a box that hasn't been mounted yet. It's going on a rifle that I won't have time to setup in the next couple days, and I leave on Tuesday for business travel/predator hunting in Northern California for the next 10 days.

I say all that to say, if you pay for shipping both ways, I can mail it to you on Monday and you can hang onto it for a week or so and check it out, then mail it back to me.

I have a 3rd RS1.2 with the SHR MIL reticle in a box that hasn't been mounted yet. It's going on a rifle that I won't have time to setup in the next couple days, and I leave on Tuesday for business travel/predator hunting in Northern California for the next 10 days.

I say all that to say, if you pay for shipping both ways, I can mail it to you on Monday and you can hang onto it for a week or so and check it out, then mail it back to me.
very kind of you but I'll pass. just sighted in a tenmile 3-18 ffp and am going to play with that for now.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Finally made it out to sight in and drop test(it's either been raining or too muddy for the last few weekends). Krg bravo Tikka super light 223 unknown rings and obviously the R's 1.2. rifle will pretty reliably shoot 1.25 ish 10 round groups with 73 ELDMs. went straight to the 9x3' drops. It looks good to me. I'll post a video of the drops on my Instagram for anyone who wants to watch it.

20240211_140334.jpg20240211_140341.jpg

Proof group (not totally sighted in)
20240211_141131.jpg

Another group after 9x3 foot drops
20240211_141053.jpg

More clearance pics in case others are on the fence.

Tikka T3X, 20” 3B barrel, UM low rings, and now with the addition of the Aadmount caps.

I can slide a doubled over piece of paper in this gap.. but not if it’s folded again (4 pages thick).

I don’t know if this might be too close? I’ve still got the medium rings that would clear easily

Attachments

• IMG_3385.jpeg
    IMG_3385.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 71

Bluumoon

WKR

Tikka T3X, 20” 3B barrel, UM low rings, and now with the addition of the Aadmount caps.

I can slide a doubled over piece of paper in this gap.. but not if it’s folded again (4 pages thick).

I don’t know if this might be too close? I’ve still got the medium rings that would clear easily
Just mounted the same scope/rings/barrel contour (PVA tikka 3b). Works for me. 50mm scope did not, even without covers.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

That’s just fine.

Spent the last two days shooting with the Maven. So far so good… zero went without issue, and it’s tracking great and holding zero.
I’m a big fan of the reticle, more so than the MilQuad and Mil Rs I’ve been using for the last 4 or 5 years.

Last few rounds yesterday IMG_3544.jpeg

And today, went out to 1,014 yards.
My first shot landed precisely 914 yards short… it’s what happens when the idiot behind the gun is making sure the position is stable and there’s a smart wind call, and forgets to dial haha.

Next shot was a miss just off the edge due to wind. Once I corrected enough for that the next 4 shots hit the intended rock, which was about 36x24” I think.
Great opportunity to practice various rests today also
IMG_3673.jpeg

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Spent the last two days shooting with the Maven. So far so good… zero went without issue, and it’s tracking great and holding zero.
I’m a big fan of the reticle, more so than the MilQuad and Mil Rs I’ve been using for the last 4 or 5 years.

Last few rounds yesterday View attachment 674618

And today, went out to 1,014 yards.
My first shot landed precisely 914 yards short… it’s what happens when the idiot behind the gun is making sure the position is stable and there’s a smart wind call, and forgets to dial haha.

Next shot was a miss just off the edge due to wind. Once I corrected enough for that the next 4 shots hit the intended rock, which was about 36x24” I think.
Great opportunity to practice various rests today also
View attachment 674619

It is turning out to be a very good field scope.

Dobermann

WKR
I just received mine today ... I like this a LOT.

Reticle is even better in person than the pics suggest. Magnification is smooth and not to tight or loose. Illumination dot is a little on the small side and not super bright in daylight, but that's not a big deal. Elevation clicks are positive and clear. Parallax knob is a little on the stiff side, so I'm hoping it loosens a little with use. Resolution and contrast are just as good if not better than my LRTS and LRHSs, and while understandably not quite as good (at least in daylight performance) as my ZP5, it's not like it feels like the RS1.2 is 'bad' in comparison - it's crisp, clear, and more than functional.

Overall, if it's not just the dang perfect combination of reliability, size, weight, finish, glass, price, features, and reticle, it's the dang perfect combination of all of those where almost any one aspect moved in another direction possibly would take away from the overall package.

It makes the SWFA look and feel quirky (though I still like that for the weight and reticle), and the LRTS/LRHS look and feel a bit beefy and unrefined ... a bit like the ex-girlfriend you liked at the time, and still remember fondly, but realise in retrospect you were kind of settling for second best.

I'm also really impressed by what Maven includes: the neoprene scope cover, a lens cloth, the Allen key, and stickers. And that's before the package deal option with the Aadmount caps and Warne Mountain Tacs. Heck, even the packaging is well thought out, and not the usual rectangluar box that can get squashed out of square. As an all-around product package, this is how companies should do it - give you everything you need, and keep it all quality.

My only critique is that the instruction manual section for setting the zero stop says to "re-tighten the screws", but with no guidance/specs on how tight ... similar to the now-embarrassing poorly-marked up reticle / subtention diagram, there seems to be some kind of disconnect between the technical and the comms side of the house within Maven. Not a big deal, but would be good if they could work it out - would give more of a sense of quality control and overall competence.

But as far as the scope goes ... kinda bordering on the sublime for me. Happy days.

Last edited:
It is turning out to be a very good field scope.
Form, what’s the “go-to” parallax adjustment for this scope?

For example, I remember you mentioned 300 or 500 was set and forget parallax for the SWFA. I can’t remember cause I turned it there and taped it lol.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Form, what’s the “go-to” parallax adjustment for this scope?

For example, I remember you mentioned 300 or 500 was set and forget parallax for the SWFA. I can’t remember cause I turned it there and taped it lol.

I set it at 300’ish for the field and don’t generally touch it. If you are using it in 15x, you will probably want to adjust it at widely different ranges though.

Dobermann

WKR
What questions are outstanding?
It's a while since I read it all, but I was left with a general sense of there being different accounts of whether the internals were different or not ... possibly Form and/or Ryan saying they'd sorted some things out, and Maven saying it was all the same. But again, I haven't gone back to read all the relevant posts, along with whatever nuances or carefully chosen words might have been used.