Lifetime Hunting License?

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
I started hunting when I moved to the US from Canada 25 years ago. I hunted very little initially and picked up deer hunting after a while. I live in NC and generally pay for a Sportsman's License (big game, small game hunting plus freshwater fishing) and then add the Saltwater Fishing License. I think it comes out to about $75. Maybe five years ago, we had to pay extra for a bear tag with a hunting or Sportsman's license.

So, had I got my lifetime 25 years ago, I'd have had bear for life AS WELL AS saltwater fishing (something that came along 15 years ago or so.

That being said, when I went to renew my license this year, I found out that the NCWRC now gave a 50% discount to those 50 years old or older! I had just turned 50 and when I realized that it would take less than five years to recoup the cost of paying for the lifer, I went ahead and did it. I DO have to add bear if desired every year for $10, I think. My lifetime cost was about $350.

dtrkyman

WKR
Like a fool I didn’t purchase one in Illinois, even though I knew they were going away from the ability to get res tags for life years ago!

Bad move!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk