Kung flu and the 2nd?

You do realize that war wasn’t even in Britain? What percentage of the British fought?
I also wonder what would have happened if the British had really thought the 13 colonies were worth keeping. They were the most powerful army/navy in the world at the time after all. 'course, it don't fit the 'murican narrative to think like that.

brsnow

WKR
I also wonder what would have happened if the British had really thought the 13 colonies were worth keeping. They were the most powerful army/navy in the world at the time after all. 'course, it don't fit the 'murican narrative to think like that.

yes, the French helped a bit as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
LOL this is a topic (like most) that I am certain you and I are never going to agree on.

Like I said before.....there are people out there that don't agree with or like the 2nd Amendment. I am definitely not one of them. Too many Americans have given their lives to protect and preserve our Constitution and our liberties and freedoms to not fully support the 2nd. But they also died for your right to disagree, so on that we can agree. ;)

Like I said before.....there are people out there that don't agree with or like the 2nd Amendment. I am definitely not one of them. Too many Americans have given their lives to protect and preserve our Constitution and our liberties and freedoms to not fully support the 2nd. But they also died for your right to disagree, so on that we can agree. ;)
Well, I never said I didn't like or support it. So don't go puttin' words in my mouth and then we can agree to disagree. ;)

people have every right to not like/disagree with the second but when they try to do away with it I will fight them.

carry on....
Yup, and the point that some here were/are making is that it's a fight you'll lose because you'll always be undergunned. That's just being practical. So the "defend oneself vs. a tyrannical govt." argument hasn't held any water for about 150 years now. Not saying I am for or against it, but just saying that's the situation. Unless of course you have a few dozen fighter jets, blackhawks, bombers and nuclear missles in your back yard that nobody knows about.

Okhotnik

WKR
Which was my point, but one that some folks refuse to acknowledge. The high-cap mags are just pacifiers really.

I have elderly relatives that used to live in the Soviet Union. The police used to knock on your door at night and you would peacefully go with them and never be heard from again for merely saying something critical of the govt or speaking to someone who was not popular. I asked an old relative why did people go peacefully knowing you would be probably tortured and killed. She sad no one had guns to fight back. Same for my Jewish relatives in the former Czech Republic when the NAZI's came.

Im sure someone from NY, or California or NJ where guns are banned will come on here soon and say we need a "reasonable discussion' on gun control. Im not a particularly religious person but it was genius for the founding fathers to say we were given rights by a supreme being and not a beaurocrat like Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot can ever take them away. Ironic these same anti gun folks support free speech bans in institutions of higher learning now

3forks

WKR
Ummm. Yes, the French helped massively in the Revolution. We probably wouldn't have succeeded without them. Money, supplies, arms, manpower. Big help...probably due to being miffed at Brits due to the result of the French-Indian wars

This is why it’s hard to even want to bother participating in a discussion like this. The guy you quoted doesn’t know enough about American history to pass a high school history class.

I‘m not trying to be overly critical of the guy, but if he or anyone else doesn’t have a basic understanding of how our nation even gained its independence - makes me discount any opinions they have on something like the 2nd amendment.

Last edited:

Baddog

WKR
Yup, and the point that some here were/are making is that it's a fight you'll lose because you'll always be undergunned. That's just being practical. So the "defend oneself vs. a tyrannical govt." argument hasn't held any water for about 150 years now. Not saying I am for or against it, but just saying that's the situation. Unless of course you have a few dozen fighter jets, blackhawks, bombers and nuclear missles in your back yard that nobody knows about.
You are assuming the majority of people in the military are going to go along with it.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
You would be surprised about some of the nerds working for the government.

Correct. I know several of these “government nerds” personally. This isn’t TV. Our government, in capacities that actually matter, have far more advanced computing capabilities than any “hacker” these guys have seen in movies.

Umm. A bunch of semi/non-literate Vietnamese rice farmers and Afgahni goat herders would show opposite results. There are plenty of still-angry Vietnam vets walking around, not to mention still-angry even younger OIF/OEF that are running around. The govt. opening up a 50cal, A-10 braaaap, or even a nuke on American citizens wouldn't end well for anyone involved.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
Just left a local gun store, wow, panic purchasing. Luckily I found the 100 grain TTSXs I needed for my .257, but man you talk about people thinking a war is gonna breakout. The employee who helped said it's been chaos the last week, lots of first time gun buyers coming in.
I'm sure the die hard Nancy Pelosi lovers will always hate the 2nd Amendment, but I can't help but think this will have to at least open the eyes of some to what could happen if they did not have the right to possess a firearm for defense.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well, I never said I didn't like or support it. So don't go puttin' words in my mouth and then we can agree to disagree. ;)

Well that's what we were debating when you said "LOL this is a topic (like most) that I am certain you and I are never going to agree on". I agree with and support the 2A fully.......so what are we not agreeing on then?????

jfs82

WKR
Just left a local gun store, wow, panic purchasing. Luckily I found the 100 grain TTSXs I needed for my .257, but man you talk about people thinking a war is gonna breakout. The employee who helped said it's been chaos the last week, lots of first time gun buyers coming in.
I'm sure the die hard Nancy Pelosi lovers will always hate the 2nd Amendment, but I can't help but think this will have to at least open the eyes of some to what could happen if they did not have the right to possess a firearm for defense.

Azone... what shop? been looking for a place that's open to receive a rifle, everything near me is shut down.