KS Dept of W&P Survey

*zap*

WKR
the last kansas game warden I talked to wanted to ticket me for bowhunting deer without a turkey tag.
"if a turkey walked past you you would shoot it"

More to it than just deer numbers, I didn’t hunt Kansas for their deer numbers.

Haven’t been there since 2020 so maybe it’s gotten worse.

I have seen a steady decline in population since 2018 where I hunt. Still saw some good bucks as recently as 2022, didn't see any last year. I actually don't think I saw a single mature buck last year, although I know there were some around from others hunting in the same areas. I believe the herd in this area is down because of drought, but KDWP hasn't exactly pulled the reins back on tags, which IMO is what they should have done. Which leads me to believe that management is non-existent.

You said kdwp management ain't that bad.....you come for the buck size and :
Exactly how does kdwp management effect the size of the bucks in kansas.

If the herd numbers keep dropping guess what happens to buck numbers..

Particularly for buck size, but mainly because of y’alls public land opportunities. But I’ve since found better places as to why I haven’t been back.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Public area deer population is down 50% from 2010, statewide is also down quite a bit.. Missouri right next door is up.
Kdwp law enforcement is a disgrace. Local state park ranger/manager stole over 10k in cash from the state park and was supposedly fired and not prosecuted but they made him a game warden which was a promotion. That is just one incident of many.
Why anyone would give a state agency any information about themselves they did not have to give is beyond my reasoning
Being from Missouri, I think Kansas does it better than we do. Just my personal opinion, but I don't think we should be able to kill 2 bucks in Missouri. I think one is plenty and it would also make us (Missourians) more picky about what bucks we shoot and fewer 2 1/2 yo bucks would be killed.

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
Kansas numbers are down , seems way down out west. I do think they need to throttle back on the tags . Between drought, EHD , poaching and every you tuber with a hunting channel the deer have had a tough roe to hoe .