Is CWD Politically Generated ?

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
E9887C89-02F0-4FA6-AC04-ADBB1F0F4E0C.jpeg

We can see it for ourselves. Even the landowners that initially have denied it have come around once they find a pile of dead bucks. Personally I’m glad there are researchers studying this—not sure how that’s a bad thing…

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
By the way that buck died at the pond nearby in October. When they’re terminal like that there’s only a few weeks left. Another 3 year old dead…

So the study of CWD is limited to only "liberal professors"? Somehow all the affected states managed to screen out the liberal professors and biologists to lead their studies? What about the other countries studying and finding the same conclusions....are those also liberal professors as well? CWD is a worldwide conspiracy created by "liberals" ??

I do agree that in a state like WI that historically is over populated with deer that it's unlikely they will ever get a handle on it & unless they are pulling all the soil it's going to come right back. I do take notice when studies show it can transfer to some primates....that starts to get a little close to home
Yea, 100% Liberal Professors. They don’t need to screen them they flock to unlimited Govt Grants like moths to a flame.

Finding a conservative professor at somewhere like UW Madison is like finding Bigfoot.

BTW, I already posted the data. The deer population has increased by almost 600,000 deer in WI since they discovered CWD. The deer are thriving. But you go on believing those Libby’s telling you they only need a few more million and another couple decades to fix it all.

Coldtrail

WKR
Yea, 100% Liberal Professors. They don’t need to screen them they flock to unlimited Govt Grants like moths to a flame.

Finding a conservative professor at somewhere like UW Madison is like finding Bigfoot.

BTW, I already posted the data. The deer population has increased by almost 600,000 deer in WI since they discovered CWD. The deer are thriving. But you go on believing those Libby’s telling you they only need a few more million and another couple decades to fix it all.
Not at all what I said or was implying.

jmez

WKR
So the study of CWD is limited to only "liberal professors"? Somehow all the affected states managed to screen out the liberal professors and biologists to lead their studies? What about the other countries studying and finding the same conclusions....are those also liberal professors as well? CWD is a worldwide conspiracy created by "liberals" ??

I do agree that in a state like WI that historically is over populated with deer that it's unlikely they will ever get a handle on it & unless they are pulling all the soil it's going to come right back. I do take notice when studies show it can transfer to some primates....that starts to get a little close to home
Can you post a link to the studies showing transfer to primates?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Coldtrail

WKR
Can you post a link to the studies showing transfer to primates?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I'm not savvy enough to post a link, but a quick Google will turn up more than a person could read in a day. I believe it was squirrel monkeys and some other kind of monkey that were used in the test because they are genetically similar to humans. Like anything CWD including this thread, there are arguments as to the validity, however from what I've seen the people that seem to be working the hardest to dispute are the ones in "the industry". I believe the research came from Canada & German research

nobody

WKR
I don’t think it’s politically motivated, but I do believe it’s been politically WEAPONIZED. CWD is real, but politics have crept into its management and it’s being used as a weapon.

When I lived in Idaho and drew an Utah deer tag, I called Idaho fish and game to talk to them about transporting meat/carcass across the state line. That officer when on a rant that would’ve rivaled a 4 year old hopped up on sugar, about “don’t you DARE bring the brain back” and even stuff like “why would you ever hunt in a CWD positive state, are you trying to decimate our deer herds?” I couldn’t believe it. He treated me like a child, and after a couple of minutes of listening to him go off on tangents and get pissy while I’m trying to slow him down and have a rational conversation, I just hung up on him.

The disease is real, but those dealing with it have got to take the emotion out of the process.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I'm not savvy enough to post a link, but a quick Google will turn up more than a person could read in a day. I believe it was squirrel monkeys and some other kind of monkey that were used in the test because they are genetically similar to humans. Like anything CWD including this thread, there are arguments as to the validity, however from what I've seen the people that seem to be working the hardest to dispute are the ones in "the industry". I believe the research came from Canada & German research

posting links is pretty easy.

Or those people in "the industry" just have kept up on the information and dont quote phantom artices that they cant produce or even remember the specific details about.

Coldtrail

WKR
posting links is pretty easy.

Or those people in "the industry" just have kept up on the information and dont quote phantom artices that they cant produce or even remember the specific details about.
Again, google is your friend. Choose which article(s) or studies you wish to read and formulate your own conclusions.....you will find them all over the board but there are some that seem pretty legit. I'm not trying to sell it, or have any interest in getting into a web fight over the validity....simply mentioned it's out there and got my attention, how you react to the info or the messenger is on you.

Again, google is your friend. Choose which article(s) or studies you wish to read and formulate your own conclusions.....you will find them all over the board but there are some that seem pretty legit. I'm not trying to sell it, or have any interest in getting into a web fight over the validity....simply mentioned it's out there and got my attention, how you react to the info or the messenger is on you.

This is a quote directly from the spider monkey article you’re talking about,

“that suggest humans are at a low risk of contracting CWD.”

KurtR

WKR
By the way that buck died at the pond nearby in October. When they’re terminal like that there’s only a few weeks left. Another 3 year old dead…
If you didn’t get it tested I’m putting money on ehd. Water and seen to many deer that died that looked the exact same way two years ago

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
If you didn’t get it tested I’m putting money on ehd. Water and seen to many deer that died that looked the exact same way two years ago
Is CWD politically generated? No it’s real. I walked up to a sick 4 year old anterless buck the season before, shot it with my rifle, cut it open and it started spraying green foam everywhere. Tested positive. Looked just like this deer and we’re seeing more. Our positive numbers are creeping up, most of our older bucks have no body fat and look like they’re starving, the deer numbers are actually down in Dane and Iowa county especially compared to 2001 when it was first discovered. It’s a slow moving disease but the effects are very real. When you cut up your own deer it starts to become obvious which ones have it even before the test results come back. It’s like the deer don’t fit into their own skin.

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
29D9BC14-F9AC-4362-9041-39C9CAE45ED7.jpeg
Buddy shot this one over water this year in Iowa County, it tested positive. These aren’t rare occurrences, in my group of friends we shoot at least 1-2 per year like this.

TheTone

WKR
I’m guessing no one here would want to eat one though that’s showing definite signs or tests positive regardless of potential to jump to people