Is CWD Politically Generated ?

Wapiti1

WKR
Rule #1: If you can gain political advantage from it, put it in the magazine to shoot when needed. If you hate guns, this analogy will offend you and I don't care.

Rule #2: Anything can be made a political issue, and there are no factual requirements.

Rule #3: Hunters are not organized or likeminded enough to change anything unless you are an outfitter or large landowner. Money talks and we are deaf, dumb and blind.

CWD is not in and of itself a political thing. It's a PITA that can really hammer a deer herd. However, its available when needed to be used in a political way.

Jeremy

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Gonna make a risky thread here….but I just can’t get behind the risk of CWD and how it maybe political generated.

It’s December and a good time to debate stuff….
Won’t even begin to read all the replies but will answer with a resounding YES!

CWD and TB and whatever other “virus” they want to make up have been here since there were deer here but people can’t help themselves to try to control everything and everyone AND of course make money off of the “crisis”

It’s a large load of BS.

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
CNELK makes great threads always few pages long and entertaining read.. I'm more afraid of tb then cwd. I do remember reading an article in I think bowhunting magazine in 1990s pretty sure 96. A hunters wife wrote to the magazine about her husband that had passed aways after fighting a mysterious brain disease. He had shot an elk (maybe mule deer pretty sure it was elk)they all had eaten the meat but he got sick and passed away. Not sure if meat was ever tested pretty sure guy was in his 30s 40s wish I could find that article again

pk_

WKR
‘This disease that we have never been able to test a live animal for, is 100% fatal.’

Color me a skeptic on anything else you have to say on the matter.

No, absolutely not.

That said I do wonder if it’s been around a lot longer than we know about and only occurs in overpopulated ecosystems.

I’m glad we’ve finally got funding to study it more.

No, it’s completely real. Weird how hunters like to use science as an argument for hunting until it isn’t convenient
Real, but of zero consequence to the herd, people, or hunting.

CWD serves no purpose other than to employ Liberal professors to “study” it using taxpayers grant money. There are UW Madison professors who have built entire 30 year careers studying CWD in WI. But guess what, there are MORE deer in WI than when they first discovered it. So much for it leading to the extinction of deer in WI.

Too inconvenient for you?

CNELK makes great threads always few pages long and entertaining read.. I'm more afraid of tb then cwd. I do remember reading an article in I think bowhunting magazine in 1990s pretty sure 96. A hunters wife wrote to the magazine about her husband that had passed aways after fighting a mysterious brain disease. He had shot an elk (maybe mule deer pretty sure it was elk)they all had eaten the meat but he got sick and passed away. Not sure if meat was ever tested pretty sure guy was in his 30s 40s wish I could find that article again
Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease isn’t CWD. CWD has NEVER been transmitted to humans. To imply otherwise is fear mongering.

It’s also not mysterious, just rare. I’ve had several patients with it myself.

CWD serves no purpose other than to employ Liberal professors to “study” it using taxpayers grant money. There are UW Madison professors who have built entire 30 year careers studying CWD in WI. But guess what, there are MORE deer in WI than when they first discovered it. So much for it leading to the extinction of deer in WI.

Idaho Fish and Game is currently conducting a scorching kill in unit 14 right now. I read this morning that they are up to 150 killed so far.

• Angry
Reactions: PRC
Idaho Fish and Game is currently conducting a scorching kill in unit 14 right now. I read this morning that they are up to 150 killed so far.

This is what WI did in the 90s. It won’t work you can’t eliminate CWD or even keep it from spreading.

The best way to “eliminate” CWD is to stop testing for it.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
It is one of those things we won’t know until after. You go back and look at how smoking had no connection to cancer for decades. The narrative was not so different. For me I don’t worry but i refrain from feeding it to my kids if I am not sure it is CWD free.

The more you look into it, the less clear it becomes.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider

Being from Mt. Horeb, where it was first discovered in 2001, I can assure you that it’s most definitely killing deer and impacting the population. We’ve killed some nasty CWD deer and found a whole lot more dead. Where are you from and where do you hunt?

Being from Mt. Horeb, where it was first discovered in 2001, I can assure you that it’s most definitely killing deer and impacting the population. We’ve killed some nasty CWD deer and found a whole lot more dead. Where are you from and where do you hunt?
SE WI, we had a CWD epicenter near Walworth Cty. More deer here than ever same as over by you in Mt Horeb.

CWD is nothing to be concerned about clearly.

Here is the link if you need proof

Not sure how you can be worried about CWD killing deer when post harvest population estimates have gone from around 987,000 in 2009 (because the DNR slaughtered them) to 1,554,000 today? That’s the “science” so where are the deer die offs???? The data contradicts you man.

Last edited:

Coldtrail

WKR

So the study of CWD is limited to only "liberal professors"? Somehow all the affected states managed to screen out the liberal professors and biologists to lead their studies? What about the other countries studying and finding the same conclusions....are those also liberal professors as well? CWD is a worldwide conspiracy created by "liberals" ??

I do agree that in a state like WI that historically is over populated with deer that it's unlikely they will ever get a handle on it & unless they are pulling all the soil it's going to come right back. I do take notice when studies show it can transfer to some primates....that starts to get a little close to home