Is CWD Politically Generated ?

UpNorth89

Lil-Rokslider
I can see how it could be. Here in Minnesota if they get a single CWD positive deer in an area they decide to decimate the deer herd and in the end you still have CWD and a lot less deer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

sasquatch

WKR
I can see how it could be. Here in Minnesota if they get a single CWD positive deer in an area they decide to decimate the deer herd and in the end you still have CWD and a lot less deer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Kill them to save them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
That’s always been in the back of my mind. The Michigan DNR seem to use it as a reason to wipe out deer herds and scare people. Some guys in the county below mine won’t even hunt in it because a few deer have tested positive over the years… it’s been around for Decades

def90

WKR
Well, there is always the "you can't find it if you aren't testing for it" argument but they claim they can't find it in stored historical tissue samples so something is probably going on. The question is can it be passed on to humans or not.

I can't think of a "tin foil hat" reason for pushing a false idea that CWD is real.

The disease is real. Who knows about the risk of it jumping species. It hasn’t until it has. I think a lot of game managers have no clue what to do about it, so they go with what the state next to them is doing. It looks like they have a plan and are executing it, but in reality they have no more of an idea than they did 40 years ago. You could go down a real rabbit hole if you think about the amount of money that would be lost through the PR Act if a number of folks were spooked into not hunting at all.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I can see the CSU deer pens from my house - where they first found CWD way back when.

I’ve probably eaten my share of CWD over the years without knowing it.

I find it interesting how the ‘testing’ follows grant money to study CWD.