Influencing voters

N8H

FNG
Well, if you buy into the rhetoric that it will somehow “restore” free and fair elections, you are simply paying more attention to the magician’s hand and not the trick itself.

Go check out what a similar prop has done to Portland.
It's all rhetoric, I just like my rhetoric more than yours

tony

WKR
I'm just trying to get in the mindset of we are going to have a female president that the day before that debate everyone made fun of.
Who is laughing now?
How is that for influential.

Reactions: N8H

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The prop 127 sign is the first sign I've ever put into my yard. I merely hope it inspires some voters to educate themselves on the proposition, I have no delusion it will change the vote of someone that has already educated themselves and formed an opinion.
Where can a fella get one of these signs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the current list of pickup locations for Prop 127 "Vote No" yard signs. All of these locations will be stocked by tomorrow morning 10/3. Get them while they're hot!

Also be sure to remember the businesses that support this fight when you're looking for new gear!

Davis Tent - Denver

Meat Cleaver - Denver

Steve's Meat Market - Arvada

Grandpas Pawn and Gun - Longmont

Rocky Mountain Archery - Fort Collins

Warriors Revolution - Longmont

USA Liberty Arms - Fort Collins

Rocky Mountain Shooters Supply - Fort Collins

Tacticool Arms LLC - Greeley

Dan French Taxidermy - Laporte

Cheyenne Mountain Roofing - Colorado Springs

Salida Gun Shop - Salida

Critters R Us - Craig

Traders Rendezvous - Gunnison

Prairie Sporting Goods - Pueblo West

Yoder

WKR
I'm just trying to get in the mindset of we are going to have a female president that the day before that debate everyone made fun of.
Who is laughing now?
How is that for influential.
That's just the media propaganda machine. They are no longer the news, just another branch of the corrupt government.

Yard signs work best for generating name-recognition, on single-issue questions, and in helping increase voter turnout for your team. They don't change people's minds; at best they cause people to do research, or sway voters who were undecided but persuadable. But they are one of the most powerful tools in local and regional elections for new candidates who nobody knows yet - especially if they can get neighborhoods posting those signs early and in volume, and especially when you factor in how relatively cheap they are. Just the door-knocking, introductions, and conversations that occur in trying to get those up will boost a candidate's support quite a bit among their likely or possible supporters. Voters like seeing a candidate working for their vote, and will often vote for the only person who bothered knocking on their door.

Not posting them can work against a well-known candidate, too - when your opponent's signs are everywhere, and yours are not, it gives the impression that either nobody likes you, or you're not trying (and therefore don't deserve to win), or that there is a tidal wave of support for your opponent, which can depress voter turn-out for your side.

The fact that people are putting up so many yard signs against the Colorado mountain lion hunting ban is excellent - it tells unaware people that more and more people really care about this issue, and are very much against it. Seeing those kinds of signs in your neighborhood is a bit like an opinion poll, and if everyone else is silent, it can swing some votes to your side if they were persuadable to begin with.

ODB

WKR
Here's where ranked choice voting can end up, and in this day and age, is certain to end up. Portland has 19 candicates for mayor in a ranked voting election this year. 12 of these candidates are running as Democrats, one as republican, a few unaffiliated (no such thing in reality) and a couple independent. Start distributing votes across the candidates, redistribute them again based on second choice when no one hits majority, etc... and you almost guarantee one outcome. Then, when random candidate who didn;t expect to win, wins, the .orgs flood them with money to buy influence. At the end of the day, it wont matter which of the (Ds) in Portland win, they all serve the same master in the end. open primaries are one thing, allowing an election to be flooded from one busy-body side to ensure an outcome is a racket.

fin

Screenshot 2024-10-13 at 09.00.52.png

• Haha
Reactions: N8H
I find open primaries very appealing. If it's top-four open primaries, that works for me. I'm less interested or decided on RCV
Thank you for sharing your view N8H! I am not a resident of Idaho, but have family here and have been hunting here for the last month, so while I am pretty familiar with the issue, I haven't heard from many people in support of it and am interested in that POV.

The open primaries is certainly the more appealing of the two. I think the benefit of open primaries is that it prevents the primary from becoming a race to the far ends of the respective party (which has caused a lot of bad candidate recruiting by both parties). It instead allows the most likely candidates to rise to the top and give voters better choices in the general election.

On the other hand, I think there are some issues with RCV (especially in how it is generally being used to take seats from Rs/the majority party, see Alaska), which is what makes prop 1 unlikely to pass in Idaho (just my guess). In my personal view, it just depends on if you care more about the open primaries, or helping the R party nationally and ensuring Rs (or whatever the majority party is) don't split votes while the minority party mass votes for one party.