Influencing voters

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Yes, I have seen yard signs next signs for people or things I would never vote for. Which caused me to dig deeper and realize I did not want to vote for the person in local elections.

On the national level, no.

Never had a sign make me want to vote for someone. I view it as similar to displaying things for a favorite sports team.

No.

BUT I wish someone would put some signs (any candidates would be fine) up at the front of my driveway though. They make great target stands. Nobody ever does. lol

I think it did for my neighbor, they aren't a hunting family but I had my "No on Proposition 127" (mountain lion/bobcat hunting ban) sign in the yard and she asked me about it the other day. She will be voting No on the proposition now

Yes, I have seen yard signs next signs for people or things I would never vote for. Which caused me to dig deeper and realize I did not want to vote for the person in local elections.
Along the same lines, a sign put up for against a proposition will cause me to dig deeper into who put it up and why they are supporting it, which may color my view.

If I see a bunch of signs that will trigger me to actually look into the prop and likely influence my vote. Well-informed voters is key to defeating Prop 127. Colorado typically has so many ballot props most voters don’t know much about most of them.

Yoder

WKR
The individual issues are good examples. PA had one on the ballot a few years back. It was to set age limits for the state supreme court. I voted yes. Of course I want age limits on the supreme court. What I didn't know was I voted to raise the age limit. They already had an age limit. They left that little tidbit out of the ballot. It overwhelmingly passed so I'm guessing most people were stupid like me and didn't read up on the issue.

j_volt

WKR
For president? No.

For local things? Sort of... Like most people, it is rare for me to look at a sample ballot prior to showing up to vote. Seeing signs has caused me to research.

For example, sports gambling is on the ballot in Missouri. Voting "yes" seemed like a no brainer to me. However, there are a handful of signs in my neighborhood saying to vote "no". These "no" signs cite the proposed deal not being good enough, and not the morality of gambling. That caused me to research, and now has me reconsidering my "yes" vote.

Loo.wii

WKR
I live in PA and it is CRAZY. I've never seen so many billboards. In a 40 mile section of highway there were about 20 billboards. Only two were for Trump. They weren't there two weeks ago. Then the commercials. Every commercial break has at least two sometimes four political ads. So far, I've learned that both Trump and Kamala are literally the devil and will destroy America and eat your children. I can't wait for it to be over.
So ready for it to be over... I just want to watch grown men tackle each other in peace

KenLee

WKR
Well t
I live in PA and it is CRAZY. I've never seen so many billboards. In a 40 mile section of highway there were about 20 billboards. Only two were for Trump. They weren't there two weeks ago. Then the commercials. Every commercial break has at least two sometimes four political ads. So far, I've learned that both Trump and Kamala are literally the devil and will destroy America and eat your children. I can't wait for it to be over.
Well that last part is fairly legit

Q child

WKR
Yard sign? Nah.
Listening to smart and reasoned arguments for or against a proposition or ballot measure or candidate? Sure.

Bill Clinton was right about one thing he mentioned at a rally......the last 2 generations are not having any/enough kids so in order to run the country we have to import kids(including the parents)...."potential" future tax payers and future dem voters for sure. Bill's mouth was that yard sign. I'm still voting RED.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I just want to put some up that say "End Women's Suffrage" and see how many actually educated people there are.

KenLee

WKR
Bill Clinton was right about one thing he mentioned at a rally......the last 2 generations are not having any/enough kids so in order to run the country we have to import kids(including the parents)...."potential" future tax payers and future dem voters for sure. Bill's mouth was that yard sign. I'm still voting RED.
I'd vote for Bill again if I could...and I generally vote for 95% red

Savage99

WKR
If I see a bunch of signs that will trigger me to actually look into the prop and likely influence my vote. Well-informed voters is key to defeating Prop 127. Colorado typically has so many ballot props most voters don’t know much about most of them.

Where can a fella get one of these signs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaperPin

WKR
Signs, bumper stickers, hats, etc. all help people feel like part of a group - it helps to know who to rah, rah, rah with! I also like signs because it brings out the best and worst in people - someone who I always assumed had their ducks in a row, went total nut case and had a sign for one of those looney tune types that nobody votes for. Someone had a bumper sticker that said they love Victor Orban - I politely reminded them Hungary has the strictest gun laws in all of Europe - there aren’t gun crimes, because nobody has a gun. Even air guns are limited to low energy levels. So much for autocrats being cool.