Idaho fires

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
Seriously awful fire situation in Idaho. I remember big fires in the last fifty years, but not so many big fires in so many different places in our state. If your favorite place in Idaho is south of Riggins, there's a pretty good chance it's on fire. Air quality in Boise is in the purple range now.

Yeah it’s pretty bad. That Lightning storm from August caused most of this I think. I was driving that day near Twin Falls and dam near had lightning ️ hit my truck…….zero fire containment on a lot of them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
I drove through the remnants of the Durkee fire yesterday - that was huge - just amazing how much area was burned...

IDVortex

WKR
A bunch more popped up today. We need some rain.
I just got on watch duty and can't believe how bad it is south.... we've been spared up north, and while I was out along the CDA drainage yesterday and today I was amazed how dry we are but how we haven't had any fires.

I just got on watch duty and can't believe how bad it is south.... we've been spared up north, and while I was out along the CDA drainage yesterday and today I was amazed how dry we are but how we haven't had any fires.
It's bad down here. Wind is flat cranking right now.

farmermail

Lil-Rokslider
Due to the fires, most of the national forest in the Garden Valley to Lowman to Stanley is shut down. It really sucks, major area for a lot of recreation and hunting. Grouse spots are unavailable due to fire closures.

IDVortex

WKR
It's bad down here. Wind is flat cranking right now.
I had actually looked into going to the Frank Church for deer this fall just to do it, but the area I wanted to head into is still burning. Sadly. Was hoping the weather we had last weekend would've helped, but a little to late I guess.

I had actually looked into going to the Frank Church for deer this fall just to do it, but the area I wanted to head into is still burning. Sadly. Was hoping the weather we had last weekend would've helped, but a little to late I guess.
I was actually going to go in over this weekend for bear and maybe see if I could scout a buck.

I was going to head into 26, so far the area I was headed into hasn't caught fire yet. One of the roads in there has been though.

Fire crews are probably spread thin and exhausted
I looked around at the other states and it wasn’t as bad as Idaho so assuming we are getting continued out of state help which is good. I did see a ton of out state fire trucks before shipping off to the Last Frontier

I drove through the remnants of the Durkee fire yesterday - that was huge - just amazing how much area was burned...

Definitely was big. Last trip thru a lot of mulies where feeding right off the interstate because everything else was burnt. I probably should of called Oregon department of transportation because of all the traffic on 84. Hopefully somebody did. Seen a few big dead bucks near Huntington

Checking in from around Challis. A little hard to glass for sheep in these conditions…

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 100