How much caffeine per day for you?

TheHammer

WKR
Typically 200mg. Unless I worked late and my autistic son decides not to sleep and keeps me up all night😂. Then I’m making a second ignite around the lunch digestive period. As I get older it’s no longer a case of the 3 O’clocks

mlgc20

WKR
Typically, I don't drink any caffeine. Primary exception is when we leave in the evening for Colorado or Wyoming to drive overnight.

Nick992

Lil-Rokslider
I go through waves of none, all the way up to 6. Average is around 1 or 2.
I've found that apples work really well to wake me up, instead of that afternoon cup of coffee.

I've been drinking a 5 cup pot a day, and that's cutting back. About 400 mg. It's hard to stay awake sitting in a chair most of the day.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I love coffee, but had to give it up. After tens of thousands of dollars in medical testing, turns out caffeine caused me heart palpitations. Funny, I figured it out, not the fancy testing.

Will_m

WKR
What’s a bummer about caffeine is the tolerance you build up that pretty much sucks the wind out of it when you need it. Skipped it for a few weeks once and had a couple cups on the way to an iced in duck hunt.

I broke ice for the hole in a pair of neoprene waders at a full on high knee sprint. Didn’t even check up.

1 pre-work out at 4:30 am
1 mug of coffee for work at 8a
Sometimes. 2 scoops of caffeinated protein shake at 2p-3p depending on how tired I am.

Sometimes I think it's too much caffeine but I'm asleep as soon as I hit the pillow and sleep like a baby until the next day.

Wash, rinse, repeat.....

Caffine doesn't have a heavy affect on me. I've literally fell asleep within minutes of taking a 5hr energy, coffee, and energy drink (at different times).

I did cut out energy drinks and 5hr energy shots. Felt like they never did much for me. They would just make me more tired after a bit.

I've also cut out caffine alltogether from my diet for a month or so and didn't notice any difference in my sleep, eating, energy, or mood.

500-1000 which will supposedly kill you.
Pot at home, pot and half or 2 at work.
Caffeine pills and spark in the woods. W coffee if available.

Yarak

WKR
1-1.5 cups per day and maybe some iced tea
Mostly water throughout the day though

grfox92

WKR
Years ago I was in a high stress management job. I was generally miserable and always tired.

My wife kept hounding me that I was drinking way too much coffee and I was going to have a heart attack. After her "nagging" me for weeks I told her I would monitor how much I was drinking.

I kept my regular routine and realized I was drinking 128 ounces, yes, 1 gallon of coffee, BEFORE NOON every single day. I didn't stop drinking coffee at noon either.

Now Im drinking about 50oz of coffee per day with the last cup usually around 1 or 2 pm.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

hobbes

WKR
It varies widely for me, I work 12.5 hour, 7 on/7 off shifts that rotate between days/nights every other week and a pile of OT thrown in.

Work days in the summer: 1-2 pots on day shift, 2 for sure on nights

Days off in the summer: 2-3 cups

Work days in the winter: 3-4 pots on day shift, up to 6 pots on nights

Days off in the winter: 1 pot
I worked a similar 12 hour swing from 97 to 2004, 8 years, and consumed similar amounts of coffee in those days. The number of days off were great but I do not miss it. I've had some health issues due to caffeine so only drink a fraction of that now, but I could drink it sun up to sun down.

WBrim

WKR
I have a scoop of the bucked up BAMF most mornings, and an electrolyte caffeine mix. Then typically one more electrolyte caffeine packet around lunch. It’s typically about 600 mg a day. Once in a while I wonder if it’s a mistake, but it seems to be working, and is pretty tasty as well.