How long have you old timers been married?

DHoover

FNG
30 years this year. She is not a hunter but loves the outdoors. I met her on a horseback ride, she was the client and I was the guide. I convinced her when we were dating that if I wasn't hunting I wouldn't' be me.

Thanks, I always enjoy and opportunity to brag on my bride. It will be 22 for us in a week. This is our second marriage for both of us. We have three kids all doing well and on granddaughter.
I’m 58 she is 57.
Yes, I out kicked my coverage.

Met at work. Yes, I married my secretary. Best decision I ever made. She saved me from an ego that was wrecking me. (I still have a big ego, she just knows how to "check me")

Attachments

• 5EE8B704-0E93-4DAF-98FB-6A02CBACBFC9.jpeg
    5EE8B704-0E93-4DAF-98FB-6A02CBACBFC9.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 66
Which time, or we talking total? 😉
That's the question that hit me first, lol! My girlfriend and I joke often about me being a serial polygamist. In total, 30 years of marriage for me. That's an average of 10 years. It took that long to find a woman who likes guns, hunting and eating wild game and is willing (anxious actually) to spend her birthday hunting elk.

Laramie

WKR
Not sure I qualify as an old timer yet at 47. My wife and I have been together 20 years this May. Married for 15. She was my barber for 2 years before we started dating so we actually knew each other really well before we got together.

f16jack

WKR
37 Years. I've a good Dall Sheep video posted here somewhere that has the two of us some years back up in Alaska.

Here's the link to the hunt. My wife filmed most of it and narrates occasionally.

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
You always hear the old relationship saying that "she's my better half."

Well, my wife is my better 98%!
I'd give her the entire 100%
but she has to lose a few points for marrying me.

Don't know this happened but we've hit 46 years!

4 children, 44 - 42 - 40 ------ 31. (things happen!)
8 grandchildren with another due this summer.

Been so much fun hunting and shooting with our children.
but it's even more fun hunting and shooting with them and our grandchildren.

KenLee

WKR
That's the question that hit me first, lol! My girlfriend and I joke often about me being a serial polygamist. In total, 30 years of marriage for me. That's an average of 10 years. It took that long to find a woman who likes guns, hunting and eating wild game and is willing (anxious actually) to spend her birthday hunting elk.
Congratulations. Apparently I can find women that like those things...until they have to put up with me for an extended period of time.