How long have you old timers been married?

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
We've been together for 48yrs and married for 45yrs...college sweetheart and love of my life! It is the #1 best decision of my life!

Photo taken last month in Patagonia (Ushuaia), Argentina...

IMG_7414.jpeg

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to hear all you old folks' meet stories.
I was logging in the Northwest part of the state (Eureka area) in my late teens. Worked for a couple of outfits and eventually went to work for what a lot of guys told me was one of the best outfits. They also told me he has a beautiful daughter, but don't mess around with her, he'll kill you :D

Well eventually got my courage up and we started dating (and didn't get killed!); a couple years later we married!

NRA4LIFE

WKR
We live in Western Washington and try to go somewhere warm every year for our anniversery which was last week. Our 30th, so something we never done. Went to Northern Arizona to see the Grand Canyon weather Tuesday was beautiful, canyon amazing. Lets just say, Flagstaff AR last Wednesday was not too pleasant. Oh well, we were on our own and seeing some new territory. Had lots of fun and had some of the best pizza ever at Fat Olives.

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
35 years. She's my best friend. Love her to death. She is my greatest blessing. We have been through a lot together. Raised two great kids who are now adults - one teaching 5th grade science and the other a county deputy. She doesn't hunt with me at all but loves to see me go out to Montana and hunt with my son every year. She knows how special that time is. Dang - starting to tear up writing this....Anyway - good stuff!

Attachments

• wife.jpg
    wife.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 23
I was logging in the Northwest part of the state (Eureka area) in my late teens. Worked for a couple of outfits and eventually went to work for what a lot of guys told me was one of the best outfits. They also told me he has a beautiful daughter, but don't mess around with her, he'll kill you :D

Well eventually got my courage up and we started dating (and didn't get killed!); a couple years later we married!
Been a lot of songs written about that story and congrats!

I want to hear all you old folks' meet stories.
Met on her 21st birthday at the local tavern. Ironically, I'd worked, hunted, and fished, and was best friends with her Dad for 3 years before we met. I didn't even know he had another daughter. She told me she was going to marry me some day that night, and the rest is history. She loves to fish and supports my hunting 100%, especially trips with our daughters. I'm a very luck man.

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
I have to brag.
I won the wife contest.
The rest of you are playing for 2nd place.
She is the best thing that could have ever happened to me, and is the major reason that I am the man I am today.
So very patient with me and my selfish hobbies.

About to celebrate our 32nd year together with a trip to New Zealand!!!