How long have you old timers been married?

huntnful

WKR
I really enjoyed looking through this thread! 32 years old and getting married (for the first time) in 2 months! I've always been nervous about getting married in the past, but you all give me hope for a long wonderful marriage. And I found a great one now and I honestly look forward to being married to her soon!

TheGDog

WKR
Welp... you know how they say... if at first you don't succeed.... try try again.

While there were lessons I still had to learn.. at least while I was learning them, I have to thank the Universe for letting me share my time with some truly beautiful ladies. And "Mama" takes the cake!

PS met Mama during that brief single period of about 2yrs. At the home of a common friend whose hosted... shoot.. I think something like 300 events at his home by now!

Was at a Disco-Beer-Tasting-House-Pool-Pajama-Party. I was in the pool at the part where it butts up against the Jacuzzi. Decided I needed to get out of the water and didn't want to step in the Jacuz, because sometimes that kinda water makes my skin itch later. So tried to take a large step from the wall divider over the Jacuz... Oops! didn't get a good foothold on the opposite side and fell back down into the Jacuzzi. Sending a splash wave of water up and onto the walk in front of it... where it profusely spashed all over her lovely shoes.

I looked up in horror and began to profusely apologise, knowing how they are about cute shoes, and how it'd probably make her feet hurt later getting those shoes wet. After some point in the apologizing I could kinda tell she was kinda like ok, yeah pal, sure, move along. So I took the cues and let it go.

Havin' my fun and fivolity during the evening... much later in the night I saw her sat with her feet propped up on a chair opposite her own. And thought "Oh Yeah!... Here we Go!... Let's Do This Brutus! And don't act like ya new ta this!"

And proceeded to approach her and once again in a more subdued setting, again offered my apologies for getting her shoes wet. I'm sure your feet must be sore by now having to wear them all wet like that. Here... let me give you a foot massage. It's the least I could do."

And the rest is history babbah babbuh! Ahhh Yeeah!

1st. 19yo-29yo (Almost 10yrs)
2nd 30yo-34yo (3yrs, essentially)
3rd 37yo-54yo (17 yrs, and have a handsome 15yo out of it!)
49637430_105165407243239_5732754271745605632_o.jpg
294642559_729332581493182_6224445847544726968_n.jpg

Last edited:

TheGDog

WKR
Not married, but together 41 years and counting.
Isn't the Legal definition of Common-Law Marriage as being shacked-up together for 8+yrs?

As I recall... They did that because lotta Seniors who want to be together, end up never actually getting married because if they did their Soc. Sec. Benefits would reduce a little bit. Then the Govt got wise to this, and tweaked the regs so that they are to be considered married after like the 8yrs or so. I'm sure it's a lil different in each state.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't the Legal definition of Common-Law Marriage as being shacked-up together for 8+yrs?

As I recall... They did that because lotta Seniors who want to be together, end up never actually getting married because if they did their Soc. Sec. Benefits would reduce a little bit. Then the Govt got wise to this, and tweaked the regs so that they are to be considered married after like the 8yrs or so. I'm sure it's a lil different in each state.

it varies by state, no federal definition- I think roughly 15 states recognize common law marriage, but even then the definition can be different in different states.

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
Will be 10 years October 12th, hunting season weddings are a good idea with the right woman, honeymoon was at elk camp, most anniversary's hunting somewhere. Spent our 9th anniversary in a tent somewhere in the Idaho Backcountry chaising mule deer. Have to wait on draw results to see where #10 will be!

Jolley78MT

Lil-Rokslider
We met when I was still in high school. I was 17 and she was 20. Still give her shit about being a " cradle robber" We got married 2 years later and this July will be 26 years since we were married. Feel truly blessed to share my life with her. Pics were taken 9 years ago. I was about 10 months out from brain surgery and was dying to go on another backpack hunt. She was ready to go as aways. She doesn't hunt but loves the outdoors.

Attachments

• 20170808_140242.jpg
    20170808_140242.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 33
  • 20170808_140536.jpg
    20170808_140536.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 33
Been together almost ten years finally got married last fall a home 3 kids and a dog , she's a good mother and never whined too much about my hunting lifestyle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121_083630_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230121_083630_Facebook.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 17

BWSmith

FNG
40 years last November.

It was an,"arranged marriage" bwahaha.

Seriously,it sorta was. And best part is we love each other more every day. 4,bow toting gun shooting grown sons. Each with another generation of shooters.

Mine were slinging arrows outta little custom trad bows when they were in diapers..... I swear,Gbabies(pic below) are at it too. Makes me so hopeful for the future.

Screenshot_20230319-060638_Gallery.jpg

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
50 years in August. My wife is a saint. She doesn't hunt or fish with me but she supported a lot of moves in my career with the USFS, Corps of Engineers, and BLM, and she continues to 'tolerate' all of my ongoing outdoor pursuits, including several annual llama treks. We have 4 very successful sons and 6 grandchildren. We haven't decided what we'll do for the 50th yet but it may involve our family as we are very tight-knit and enjoy being around them so much.