Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus

So how does it compare to the Hyperion K? Slightly louder or on par?
I dont have that can unfortunately. I want to try it for shits and giggles, but not sure its worth me buying it, dont think it would be one I'd use in place of the ones i already have

Tahoe1305

WKR
Putting any weight in pewscience ratings, appears STi outperforms Hyperion K fwiw (37.3 vs 42.5 higher is better on their scale).

If he’s saying Scythe is better than STi….I suspect it would be better than Hyperion k as well. Combined short and lighter……

lak2004

WKR
Well there goes $1200. I went and looked at a Scythe at my local dealer, and I love the weight and size of it. It sounds like I need to go ahead and buy one.
Look around before you spend 1200, it was on sale a few weeks ago for under $800. Should have bought it when I saw it at that. Same with the raptor 8, found it on sale over Labor Day for under $700 and should have bought it also. Doh

Well there’s 7 baffles in this can, compared to 4 in the Rugged Alaskan 360. Even without @Cameron.25’s recent comparison, how could it not sound better?

I was pretty set on the Raptor 8, once I decided that I valued increased sound reduction over weight, and was prepared to go a bit heavier to gain that.

Alaska Ammo had one of these in stock. It’s mine now 👌🏼

IMG_9490.jpeg

Last edited:

ofl0926

WKR
Look around before you spend 1200, it was on sale a few weeks ago for under $800. Should have bought it when I saw it at that. Same with the raptor 8, found it on sale over Labor Day for under $700 and should have bought it also. Doh

Cheapest I have seen is on silencershop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatDUDE

WKR
I was wondering how the AB Raptor 10 compares in sound reduction to the Scythe? I was all set on the Raptor 10 until I read this thread again. I am wondering if the difference in sound reduction is really worth the extra weight and length of the Raptor 10.

I bought a raptor 4 after reading a bunch of posts on this forum . At first I had buyers remorse after shooting it a few times because it’s not “ quiet “ , but after hiking around with it and taking a bull in Wyoming the lightweight is definitely appreciated.
IMG_2803.jpeg

Tahoe1305

WKR
I bought a raptor 4 after reading a bunch of posts on this forum . At first I had buyers remorse after shooting it a few times because it’s not “ quiet “ , but after hiking around with it and taking a bull in Wyoming the lightweight is definitely appreciated.
View attachment 619930
If it makes you feel better. NO suppressor is quiet shooting supersonic ammo.

I just got my Nomad LT out of jail. It’s one of the biggest (outside of 338 cal) suppressors. Objectively compared and considered one of the quietest. It’s still loud! Haven’t shot sub 300blk yet though….those will be movie quiet.

For hunting I think just hearing safe is were it is at. Congrats on the hunt.

I was wondering how the AB Raptor 10 compares in sound reduction to the Scythe? I was all set on the Raptor 10 until I read this thread again. I am wondering if the difference in sound reduction is really worth the extra weight and length of the Raptor 10.
The 10 is a bit quieter but not enough to choose it over the scythe on a hunting rifle IMO. Unless you need bigger than 30 cal, then id choose a raptor

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
Thoughts on how many baffles to go with in a Raptor???

Also, how big of a reflex to run with it???

Leaning this direction in desire to minimize 1st round pop.
Will be used on hunting bolt guns only. East coast, not mountain hiking constraints.
Currently .223 & 30-06. Possibly other chambering in future, but not semi auto.

Thoughts on how many baffles to go with in a Raptor???

Also, how big of a reflex to run with it???

Leaning this direction in desire to minimize 1st round pop.
Will be used on hunting bolt guns only. East coast, not mountain hiking constraints.
Currently .223 & 30-06. Possibly other chambering in future, but not semi auto.
Id probably get an 8 stack with a 3" reflex if i was you

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
@Cameron.25 “Id probably get an 8 stack with a 3" reflex if i was you.“

Not arguing, just asking… Why 3” and not larger?

lak2004

WKR
View attachment 619930
Hearing safe? I'm torn between an 8 or the scythe

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Bluefish

WKR
@Cameron.25 “Id probably get an 8 stack with a 3" reflex if i was you.“

Not arguing, just asking… Why 3” and not larger?
I think for weight and noise, more baffles and no reflex is better. The reflex is heavy for what it adds to noise reduction. What it adds is less length. My 10 stack and 3” reflex is about 15 oz.

NSI

WKR
Very pleased with my Scythe.

However…I see no reason not to get the biggest possible reflex for range time, know your offset thoroughly, and hunt with the direct thread mount.

-J

If it makes you feel better. NO suppressor is quiet shooting supersonic ammo.

I just got my Nomad LT out of jail. It’s one of the biggest (outside of 338 cal) suppressors. Objectively compared and considered one of the quietest. It’s still loud! Haven’t shot sub 300blk yet though….those will be movie quiet.

For hunting I think just hearing safe is were it is at. Congrats on th

Hearing safe? I'm torn between an 8 or the scythe

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Hearing safe for 1-2 shots . If the scythe was an option when I purchased I definitely would’ve gotten it .

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
On those testing with AB Raptors & reflex - are the reflex standard (for up to 3/4” diameter) or bull (up to 1” barrel diameter)?

The standard has more volume - does it make a difference? I ask because I’m waiting on a Raptor 6 & 8 with a 2” and 4” reflex. I ordered bull reflex and I’m debating switching to standard. They will be going on 7prcs w/24” #5 contour Benchmark barrels. Since we cut 2” off the barrel that was .7od I went bull to be safe and in case I ever go with a carbon barrel. But the snug fit and more volume may be better. I can swap them out, but only if unfired. I’ll post the can/reflex combos once I get them. Is it worth switching to the standard size is my question. Or is the difference too little to notice? Silly u can’t buy multiple reflexs to test.

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Just shot my nomad Ti for the first time this morning, all i can say is I'm hooked on suppressors. I shot it on a 6.5 CM today and it reminded me of my 17 hmr noise wise. I have DD LTi that been in jail since April. I can't wait to see what that one will turn out like.