First ROK Stock Poll

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
Also, if the goal is to complement things like Tikkas and SWFA’s which are economical, functional and no frills, option A might be a better direction.
I don't think the goal of those is to be economic AT ALL. The goal is to use stuff that actually works, the price of that stuff being on the cheaper side is just a benefit.

ElPollo

WKR
The back end of the rifle is set in stone. The front is still under heavy debate and who wants what would
probably surprise most of ya. Neither A nor B will hinder your shot but it’s still fun to argue about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
When you get it finalized, I’d love to see you post the CAD image here. Thanks for doing this. It sounds like you are finally getting someone to make the stock I’ve been looking for for 5 years.

TxLite

WKR
That is what I’d want
You’d prefer the larger scallop over something small and seamless like the allterra or TS customs ks1? The larger scallop tends to not carry as well imo. At least the AG chalk branch doesn’t. Shoots great prone though.

amassi

WKR
You’d prefer the larger scallop over something small and seamless like the allterra or TS customs ks1? The larger scallop tends to not carry as well imo. At least the AG chalk branch doesn’t. Shoots great prone though.

My experience as well with the long scallop. Did not like it at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
Yeah this poll is 5 days old and the original conversation maybe 6(edit just looked ~10 Sep….close). You all better be fire testing them by now ;).
Haha they said the back half plans were finalized! I wanna see a CAD or similar!

I’m looking to buy a left hand tikka. This stock pushed me over the edge. I’m nervous to buy the wrong model of rifle though. There’s only two styles of bottom metal right? The Tikka proprietary magazine and the CTR/AICS style. Or is there more? And will all styles be available in the Rokstock?

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I’m looking to buy a left hand tikka. This stock pushed me over the edge. I’m nervous to buy the wrong model of rifle though. There’s only two styles of bottom metal right? The Tikka proprietary magazine and the CTR/AICS style. Or is there more? And will all styles be available in the Rokstock?
Correct. Yes. Buy with confidence.

-J

TheCreeds

FNG
Do we know if Stocky's is going to open up a pre-order for this? Or is it going to be a free for all when it finally hits the market?

It's awesome to hear about this project, I've got a lot of faith in you guys!

I vote small recess for pic rail up front. B would be closer to bore with a bipod, less likely to snag if shooting without a bipod vs a rail or slingstud there, maybe an ounce of weight is inconsequential. I see no way Ryan/Form would go with that long scallop just due to how that could work shooting off some improvised front rests. It would also limit flexibility for customer added arcas.

Backend - gunwerks magnus or nexus shape - this is the part that is most important to me and everyone effs it up! I think it's in good hands in regards to this aspect!
Fore end - Grayboe trekker is probably the closest (just from pics never used one). Dont need to dick with getting the barrel channel perfect just make one size fit all for production ease. Dont care for/against tthe side scallops, guessing would be easier to skip em and keep the fore end shallow. Slightly longer in length would be nice and more parallel to bore if possible.

My biggest concern is this falling into the weight and price point trap! I've seen enough build quality comments with the VG stock that I hope this thing costs and/or weighs more! Give me a 30-32 ounce stock that costs $750 or more over a 25 ounce stock for $550 if there is any hint of concern on robustness or being able to dedicate enough QA/QC resources.

Pillars would be nice too.

Last edited: