First ROK Stock Poll

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

kickemall

WKR
I voted A early because thats mostly what I use. I’d rather Ryan and Form make the decision because they’re both hunters and shooters and know more about what makes a great stock for both.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be happy either way if it's light, RIGID, and affordable. I defer to Ryan/Form.
If it didn't impede on accomplishing the primary goals of this project though, I'd nudge towards B for my CTR (if that option is in the cards, fingers crossed).

For Rokslide special .223 or other light hunting build, I'd enjoy the modularity of B as I don't think the weight will be that much different, and would be fine with A (I can do my own wacky stuff to it if I want) and the shape of the bottom/edges of the stock doesn't seem to affect me much unless it's some really fat or wide flat Palma/Varmint type fore-end or shaped like a treated 2x4, even if carrying all day, so not too worried about the obtuse corners vs. smooth/rounded shape.

Gun to my head, +1 vote for Option B (if weight is kept down as others have mentioned) - even just the scalloped/recessed space and a simple pair of bedded in 10-32 screw receivers (that would typically go into a stock anyway for the sling stud/studs) about 1.5"-2" apart, get your own rail or studs or mount whatever you want. Saves me time and $$ in drilling and bedding my own stuff there down the road.

kipper09

WKR
I’m sure I missed it here in all the posts…. So factory bottom metal/trigger and everything works on this stock? Will it have to be bedded or??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I’m sure I missed it here in all the posts…. So factory bottom metal/trigger and everything works on this stock? Will it have to be bedded or??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, factory bottom metal will fit. Definitely T3x, probably CTR as well.

No, it will not need bedding unless you feel your particular example needs it. My Stocky's VG did not, emphatically.

-J

seand

WKR
Stocks, like everything are a series of compromises. In general a stock specifically optimized for offhand shooting will be compromised for prone in some way. Same in reverse. So there is a balance that has to be achieved. For field shooting (western hunting) recoil control/muzzle control from prone/sitting/kneeling/standing are all important, with them listed in about the order of importance. So too is comfort carrying in hand, flexibility in compromised positions and rests, weight, etc.

There are multitudes of stocks available with flat foreneds, Arca/pic rails, adjustable cheek pieces, etc. There are no stocks for Tikka’s that take a normal sporting stock and optimizes the geometry and design for correct shooting and control.

Form, do you find the narrow round forend on the tikka to be optimal for stability and control from field positions? Shooting off a front bag or pack, wouldn’t a slightly wider and flat provide better stability? Not talking about gamer plates but keeping it reasonable - example below seekins element is comfortable in hand and is seems noticeably better off a front bag than a tikka

IMG_2077.jpeg
IMG_2079.jpeg
Regardless of what the forend winds up like, I’m be purchasing two of the ROK stocks and really appreciate you guys driving this.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
People gave me a hard time for still using sfp scopes, and all these guys are still wanting pic rails on their stocks. 😁😁

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
I like the recessed rail. It seems that could set this stock apart. Obviously there is not a ton known about the stock, but other reasonable options exist for a stock that fits the bill with a flush/flat forend. On the other hand I can only think of Gunwerks and Alterra that have a negative comb and recessed rail, at likely a much greater cost.